OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 09:37:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox Alien Abductions & Aliens Being Demons  (Read 3869 times) Average Rating: 0
Velsigne
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2013, 01:26:02 AM »

I was abducted by aliens one time. I asked if I could take their pic and they said no. Something about how they were ok with blurry images back in the day, but that technology was getting too advanced and they were using cloaking devices and allowing no photography now. I really wanted that pic!

lol, only one time?   Wink
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2013, 01:29:44 AM »

I was abducted by aliens one time. I asked if I could take their pic and they said no. Something about how they were ok with blurry images back in the day, but that technology was getting too advanced and they were using cloaking devices and allowing no photography now. I really wanted that pic!

Asteriktos chased them away with Holy Water.  Roll Eyes

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2013, 02:02:33 AM »

From my own experience, things can look completely real, like a human, but you will know right off the bat that there is something terribly, terribly wrong.
....sort of like Mothman.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

Fear the Tooth

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2013, 02:04:28 AM »

I'm a very uncomplicated test subject  Cry
JamesR
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2013, 02:17:15 AM »

I'm still pretty sure that I saw my patron about two years ago right when I decided to convert and my dad had relapsed. It was in a dream, we were sitting on a bench, I was crying and he was hugging me telling me it would be okay.

Wherever goes JamesR goes, he is there.
-Orthonorm
Velsigne
Elder

« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2013, 02:18:54 AM »

I'm a very uncomplicated test subject  Cry

Either that or you blew their test instruments apart with your impertinence, but I bet they get that a lot now that every has camera phones and everything on the planet is on FB in two seconds.
Velsigne
Elder

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2013, 02:22:56 AM »

From my own experience, things can look completely real, like a human, but you will know right off the bat that there is something terribly, terribly wrong.

I saw that movie years ago, but don't remember exactly what happened in it. 
Velsigne
Elder

« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2013, 02:34:25 AM »

Asteriktos chased them away with Holy Water.  Roll Eyes

It does, and prayers.  Haven't had anything happen in my house, only in one other person's house where an old freemason had died, and it just looked at me, went to the window, and said to something outside, "This one isn't like the others."  And then he left.  He looked like a regular guy.  The whole time I just prayed the Psalm, "Let God arise and His enemies be scattered, let those who hate Him flee before His face..."  I found out the name of the old guy, and put him on my prayers for the departed list.

Asteriskos and me, uncomplicated test subjects.  Smiley

I ran to the monastery the next day. Actually I drove, a little over the speed limit.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2013, 08:43:07 AM »

I love that movie!

Selam

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2013, 09:21:57 AM »

I saw that movie years ago, but don't remember exactly what happened in it. 
In that movie, the "Mothman" looked human, but there was something not quite right with him/her/it.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
stavros_388
OC.net guru

« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »

I love that movie!
Selam

Me, too. Except it scared the crap out of me!

"As there is drunkenness for God, which doesn’t see the world in its ugliness, there is also a drunkenness of the world, which does not see in its ugliness the holiness of God." - Fr. Dumitru Staniloae
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2013, 09:52:56 AM »

I love that movie!
Selam

Me, too. Except it scared the crap out of me!

No kidding! My buddy and I saw it in the theater when it first came out. We saw it at night. We were both freaked out afterwards. But my buddy had an interesting theory. He said that the Mothman might be the angel of death.

Selam

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2013, 10:43:45 AM »

I haven't read pretty much anything in here yet, but could someone tell me if an Ancient-Aliens-hair-man joke or meme has been posted yet?

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2013, 11:17:33 AM »

I haven't read pretty much anything in here yet, but could someone tell me if an Ancient-Aliens-hair-man joke or meme has been posted yet?

More of my schtickl you are stealing.

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2013, 11:42:20 AM »

Copying and flattery, yo!

But seriously, the topic is kinda boring but I don't want to post and awesome picture like this...

...if it's already been done.  That would just be annoying.

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »

But seriously, the topic is kinda boring but I don't want to post and awesome picture like this...

If a demon lacks a physical body, then how could they physically abduct a human?
If ancient aliens didn't exist, how were the demons able to abduct Orthodox Christians?

I've never seen this show or a clip of it and have only seen this internet bit here and yet I can't stop laughing everytime someone uses it. I think Nick or someone explained the context to me, but it really doesn't need any.

It might just be the unsignified signifier.

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2013, 01:51:56 PM »

Speaking of freaky movies that deal with UFO's and psychic or supernatural phenomena, "Fire In The Sky" is a great movie. Along with "The Mothman Prophecies," it's my favorite movie of this genre. Even if these movies are highly exaggerated and perhaps deviate from the historical accounts, they still leave you wondering what in the heck really happened. Too bizarre to be attributed merely to hoaxes or to the power of suggestion.

Selam

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »

If a demon lacks a physical body, then how could they physically abduct a human?
If ancient aliens didn't exist, how were the demons able to abduct Orthodox Christians?

I've never seen this show or a clip of it and have only seen this internet bit here and yet I can't stop laughing everytime someone uses it. I think Nick or someone explained the context to me, but it really doesn't need any.

It might just be the unsignified signifier.

My friend has been growing out his hair and greasing it.  He can actually do "the hair".  It is glorious.

JamesR
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »

So, being hypothetical, what if aliens were real? And they offered ten humans the opportunity to come live on their home planet? I'd hope that the Orthodox would jump on this opportunity to do Missionary work on their planet, before the Evangelicals took over and polluted their planet.

-Orthonorm
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2013, 05:04:13 PM »

So, being hypothetical, what if aliens were real? And they offered ten humans the opportunity to come live on their home planet? I'd hope that the Orthodox would jump on this opportunity to do Missionary work on their planet, before the Evangelicals took over and polluted their planet.

I have a feeling that if there are aliens out there, they are primitives.  When we run into them we'll just do what we usually do.  Kill off most of them, convert some of them, and study their past a hundred years or so after their civilization if obliterated.  It's easier to admire the dead.

JamesR
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2013, 06:04:24 PM »

I have a feeling that if there are aliens out there, they are primitives.  When we run into them we'll just do what we usually do.  Kill off most of them, convert some of them, and study their past a hundred years or so after their civilization if obliterated.  It's easier to admire the dead.

I call the first alien-burger. I wonder what they'd taste like.

-Orthonorm
Romanicus
Molestus molestorum Dei.

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: the fanatical one

« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2013, 02:03:46 AM »

Einstein called . . . he wants his hair back.

"Its later than you think." -- Fr. Seraphim Rose
xOrthodox4Christx
OC.net guru

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

xOrthodox4Christx
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2013, 02:19:55 AM »

I don't believe in Aliens.

I suppose there could hypothetically be aliens, but the evidence hasn't come out to convince me.

Let alone do I believe they are the same things as demons.

I'm sure that there are many evangelicals that would love to decry ET as the Devil incarnate.

And now I'm hearing this from the Orthodox?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:20:10 AM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

My posting on this forum is currently on hiatus, until mid-June 2014.

Have a nice spring. Smiley
Keelin

Faith: Christian - Inquirer

« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2013, 03:00:30 AM »

o.o

mothman was freaky.. Why would you bring that up.
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2013, 04:21:00 AM »

I believe the article. Truth is that there are many "spiritual phenomena" out there and they are very strange, yet most people don't know or are inclined to not believe them. Just like the author said, if the saints experienced all sorts of demonic attacks; and I would add that, in the Bible, in the episode of the plagues, people were able to perform some frightening things through the power of demons, and then St. Cyprian was able to work with the power of satan and do all sorts of things (killing, teleporting people, or whatever he was doing) -- so then these things have always happened and will happen again with God's will and in the way that He wants (according to our times); the spiritual is here, even more than we are aware or we are here ourselves.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:21:49 AM by IoanC » Logged

Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2013, 04:52:12 AM »

I suppose there could hypothetically be aliens, but the evidence hasn't come out to convince me.

I'm sure that there are many evangelicals that would love to decry ET as the Devil incarnate.

If you, admittedly, do not know what they are or if they even exist, why do you ridicule those who believe in what they could be?
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2013, 04:56:14 AM »

I believe the article. Truth is that there are many "spiritual phenomena" out there and they are very strange, yet most people don't know or are inclined to not believe them. Just like the author said, if the saints experienced all sorts of demonic attacks; and I would add that, in the Bible, in the episode of the plagues, people were able to perform some frightening things through the power of demons, and then St. Cyprian was able to work with the power of satan and do all sorts of things (killing, teleporting people, or whatever he was doing) -- so then these things have always happened and will happen again with God's will and in the way that He wants (according to our times); the spiritual is here, even more than we are aware or we are here ourselves.
Like when God changes Aarons staff into a snake and Pharaoh called his wise men and sorcerers who did the same thing?  Both sides had the ability to change their staff into a snake.  One God, one Satan.
Hawkeye
Onomatodoxicologist
Elder

Faith: Old Believer
Jurisdiction: Chapelist

What's the big deal?

« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2013, 06:02:46 AM »

If the Devil is capable of appearing as a brilliant angel to deceive the faithful, what's stopping him from appearing in a form reminiscent of an extraterrestrial being? Especially in this day and age, what with our gaze more firmly pointed at the stars then ever before. It's a veritable gold mine for demonic entrapment.

The problem with neologisms is that, until they catch on, no one knows what they mean.
Nikolaos Greek
Last among equals

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Greece

« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2013, 03:52:26 PM »

Many fathers believed that Angels had very slim body which was very different from us.
They also believed that the angels which turned to demons had now fat body ( not fatter than us but than other angels.)

God is Love.
Ό Θεός ἀγάπη ἐστί.
There is no luck, there is no fate. There are always two ways. One is God's and one is devil's. And in each step of your life you have to pick one, always.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2013, 05:21:09 PM »

I have been thinking. Why exactly would the Devil appear in the form of an extraterrestrial, when all the majority of people seem to do, when they hear such stories, is to laugh?

I mean, people might be convinced that we are not alone in the Universe, but how many are actually taking the "I was abducted by aliens" stories seriously? 

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: