OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 01:31:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy Scouts reconsidering stance on gay members  (Read 10522 times) Average Rating: 0
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #495 on: February 14, 2013, 04:51:14 PM »

haha oh man, you folks are rich.

I know a lot of gay folks and work with them too.  Look, here's the deal.  I get more embarrassed bu the pervy and inappropriate stuff my straight male friends say about women than anything else.

So let's get real here.  People in general are weird and pervy and insensitive and lusty about sex.  Or can be.  Gays are no more or no less so.

I once pointed out, after a particularly pervish conversation that I over heard a friend of mine have, that this was the exact reason why so many straight guys end up afraid of gay guys. His response: "They should be afraid of us." This may not be a characteristic inherent in gay guys, but it is certainly a big part of gay culture.
#1, I've heard stuff like that too, but no more than with my straight friends.
#2, That is attitude is partly cultivated by straight culture.  That response is intentionally transgressive -- a reaction to the perceived homophobia of society and/or a particular group.  This happens all the time.  It's an aggressive attitude developed in response to something else.  We have seen this in society with all previously oppressed and/or minority groups.  It's a common sociological reaction.  Heck, I do something like it with people I perceive to be racist.  I will intentionally say something to rile up their racism out of pure, and sinful I admit, instigation.
#3, Straight men do the same thing with women.  "I'd tap that."  "She better git outta here before I jump her bones" etc. Etc.  There are immature people gay and straight who do these things.
A woman suing for sexism/sexual harrassment is encouraged and applauded (I can name a glaring exception, but that might be seen as political).  A man trying to sue for sexual harrassment from a homosexual, not so much.  In fact, he first has to pass the hurdle of it thrown out of court without a first hearing.

What on earth are you talking about?

Look at your globe and find the area of land where your post makes any sense. (I set you up, you better deliver.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:52:05 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #496 on: February 14, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »

Well that's a complicated issue.  Every equality movement has its various components, each viewed differently by one another and "outsiders."  As far as black equality, you can look at some of the major figures throughout history: Du Bois, Booker T., Douglass, MLK, Malcolm X, Black Panthers, etc., etc.  I mean, that's a diverse group of ideology and tactic.

NOw you might look at the Black Panthers or X and say "they didn't do much to further their cause"...but by whose standards?

Either way, I suspect you're right.  They aren't furthering their cause by being lewd and in-your-face in that particular instance.  But until I see an equal emphasis on getting straight men to stop disrespecting women with their lewdness and suggestive comments, I honestly don't care if a gay man does the same to other men.

I'm an adult.  If I get hit on by a man, and I have and do, I don't need to say anything else but, "Thanks, I'm flattered, but I'm straight and married.  Have a good one, man."

You forgot Bayard Rustin.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #497 on: February 14, 2013, 05:00:41 PM »

I know a lot of gay folks and work with them too.  Look, here's the deal.  I get more embarrassed bu the pervy and inappropriate stuff my straight male friends say about women than anything else.

So let's get real here.  People in general are weird and pervy and insensitive and lusty about sex.  Or can be.  Gays are no more or no less so.

I once pointed out, after a particularly pervish conversation that I over heard a friend of mine have, that this was the exact reason why so many straight guys end up afraid of gay guys. His response: "They should be afraid of us." This may not be a characteristic inherent in gay guys, but it is certainly a big part of gay culture.
#2, That is attitude is partly cultivated by straight culture.  That response is intentionally transgressive -- a reaction to the perceived homophobia of society and/or a particular group.  This happens all the time.  It's an aggressive attitude developed in response to something else.  We have seen this in society with all previously oppressed and/or minority groups.  It's a common sociological reaction.  Heck, I do something like it with people I perceive to be racist.  I will intentionally say something to rile up their racism out of pure, and sinful I admit, instigation.
#3, Straight men do the same thing with women.  "I'd tap that."  "She better git outta here before I jump her bones" etc. Etc.  There are immature people gay and straight who do these things.
A woman suing for sexism/sexual harrassment is encouraged and applauded (I can name a glaring exception, but that might be seen as political).  A man trying to sue for sexual harrassment from a homosexual, not so much.  In fact, he first has to pass the hurdle of it thrown out of court without a first hearing.

Do you know what constitutes sexual harassment? 

Peace.
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #498 on: February 14, 2013, 05:02:43 PM »

Well that's a complicated issue.  Every equality movement has its various components, each viewed differently by one another and "outsiders."  As far as black equality, you can look at some of the major figures throughout history: Du Bois, Booker T., Douglass, MLK, Malcolm X, Black Panthers, etc., etc.  I mean, that's a diverse group of ideology and tactic.

NOw you might look at the Black Panthers or X and say "they didn't do much to further their cause"...but by whose standards?

Either way, I suspect you're right.  They aren't furthering their cause by being lewd and in-your-face in that particular instance.  But until I see an equal emphasis on getting straight men to stop disrespecting women with their lewdness and suggestive comments, I honestly don't care if a gay man does the same to other men.

I'm an adult.  If I get hit on by a man, and I have and do, I don't need to say anything else but, "Thanks, I'm flattered, but I'm straight and married.  Have a good one, man."

Your sanity is rather bothersome. I need more people to laugh at.
HA.  I'll work on it.

Peace.
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #499 on: February 14, 2013, 05:03:21 PM »

Well that's a complicated issue.  Every equality movement has its various components, each viewed differently by one another and "outsiders."  As far as black equality, you can look at some of the major figures throughout history: Du Bois, Booker T., Douglass, MLK, Malcolm X, Black Panthers, etc., etc.  I mean, that's a diverse group of ideology and tactic.

Either way, I suspect you're right.  They aren't furthering their cause by being lewd and in-your-face in that particular instance.  But until I see an equal emphasis on getting straight men to stop disrespecting women with their lewdness and suggestive comments, I honestly don't care if a gay man does the same to other men.

I'm an adult.  If I get hit on by a man, and I have and do, I don't need to say anything else but, "Thanks, I'm flattered, but I'm straight and married.  Have a good one, man."

Yes, and many, many more.  One of my favorite contemporary folks is Dr. Cornel West.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:03:59 PM by Deep Roots » Logged

Peace.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #500 on: February 15, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »

#2, That is attitude is partly cultivated by straight culture.  That response is intentionally transgressive -- a reaction to the perceived homophobia of society and/or a particular group.  This happens all the time.  It's an aggressive attitude developed in response to something else.  We have seen this in society with all previously oppressed and/or minority groups.  It's a common sociological reaction.  Heck, I do something like it with people I perceive to be racist.  I will intentionally say something to rile up their racism out of pure, and sinful I admit, instigation.
#3, Straight men do the same thing with women.  "I'd tap that."  "She better git outta here before I jump her bones" etc. Etc.  There are immature people gay and straight who do these things.

Despite all the government mandated seminars I've been forced to attend (because someone else was misbehaving, and the lawyers were covering the corporate (in the sense of organization-most were in government) ass), yes.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #501 on: February 15, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »

Well that's a complicated issue.  Every equality movement has its various components, each viewed differently by one another and "outsiders."  As far as black equality, you can look at some of the major figures throughout history: Du Bois, Booker T., Douglass, MLK, Malcolm X, Black Panthers, etc., etc.  I mean, that's a diverse group of ideology and tactic.

Either way, I suspect you're right.  They aren't furthering their cause by being lewd and in-your-face in that particular instance.  But until I see an equal emphasis on getting straight men to stop disrespecting women with their lewdness and suggestive comments, I honestly don't care if a gay man does the same to other men.

I'm an adult.  If I get hit on by a man, and I have and do, I don't need to say anything else but, "Thanks, I'm flattered, but I'm straight and married.  Have a good one, man."

Yes, and many, many more.  One of my favorite contemporary folks is Dr. Cornel West.
surprise! surprise!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #502 on: February 15, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »

#2, That is attitude is partly cultivated by straight culture.  That response is intentionally transgressive -- a reaction to the perceived homophobia of society and/or a particular group.  This happens all the time.  It's an aggressive attitude developed in response to something else.  We have seen this in society with all previously oppressed and/or minority groups.  It's a common sociological reaction.  Heck, I do something like it with people I perceive to be racist.  I will intentionally say something to rile up their racism out of pure, and sinful I admit, instigation.
#3, Straight men do the same thing with women.  "I'd tap that."  "She better git outta here before I jump her bones" etc. Etc.  There are immature people gay and straight who do these things.

What on earth are you talking about?

Look at your globe and find the area of land where your post makes any sense. (I set you up, you better deliver.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:01:57 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #503 on: February 15, 2013, 02:03:15 PM »

surprise! surprise!
Grin

Peace.
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #504 on: February 15, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »

Despite all the government mandated seminars I've been forced to attend (because someone else was misbehaving, and the lawyers were covering the corporate (in the sense of organization-most were in government) ass), yes.

so then you know that in order for something to be considered sexual harassment, there has to be a power dynamic in play, in which there is an implicit or explicit threat/pressure/power move/etc, from the advancee.

Can you point to a case in which a sexual harassment allegation was made against a gay man which was then thrown out?  I'm not saying it hasn't happened.  But I'd love to read the details of such a case.

We have to keep in mind here that simple "flirting" or "asking someone out" does not constitute sexual harassment.

Go Google it and I'll wait.

Peace.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #505 on: February 15, 2013, 05:15:26 PM »

Well then gay men are not doing anything to forward the cause of "equality" by behaving this way.

Think this through.

Gay men are acting like straight men.
Think this through. If gay men wanted to be "accepted" by straight men, they should not go out of their way to make straight men uncomfortable. Come to think of it, if gay people want to be accepted by society at large, they should not hold these lust-fest called "gay-pride" parades.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #506 on: February 15, 2013, 05:20:04 PM »

Well then gay men are not doing anything to forward the cause of "equality" by behaving this way.

Think this through.

Come to think of it, if gay people want to be accepted by society at large, they should not hold these lust-fest called "gay-pride" parades.
I doubt "society at large" has a problem with "lust".

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #507 on: February 15, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »

Think this through.

Think this through. If gay men wanted to be "accepted" by straight men, they should not go out of their way to make straight men uncomfortable. Come to think of it, if gay people want to be accepted by society at large, they should not hold these lust-fest called "gay-pride" parades.

How was Mardi Gras?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #508 on: February 15, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »

Think this through.

While I find gay pride parades distasteful myself, you seriously can't think that they're not simply emulating what goes on EVERY. DAY. OF. THE. YEAR. in so-called "straight" culture.  Get your head out of the sand, please.  Our so called Christian nation is obsessed with lust on such a mind-boggling level that we have learned to simply believe it's not there.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #509 on: February 15, 2013, 05:42:41 PM »

Think this through.

How was Mardi Gras?

Or, where, I live, "How was Federal Hill last weekend?"

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #510 on: February 15, 2013, 05:45:23 PM »

Or, where, I live, "How was Federal Hill last weekend?"

HA!

Peace.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #511 on: February 15, 2013, 10:45:26 PM »

I know a lot of gay folks and work with them too.  Look, here's the deal.  I get more embarrassed bu the pervy and inappropriate stuff my straight male friends say about women than anything else.

So let's get real here.  People in general are weird and pervy and insensitive and lusty about sex.  Or can be.  Gays are no more or no less so.

Think this through.

How was Mardi Gras?

Straight pride on Wikipedia

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #512 on: February 15, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »

Think this through.

Come to think of it, if gay people want to be accepted by society at large, they should not hold these lust-fest called "gay-pride" parades.
I doubt "society at large" has a problem with "lust".

Which has nothing to do with what he just said, but whatever...
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #513 on: February 15, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »

Think this through.

While I find gay pride parades distasteful myself, you seriously can't think that they're not simply emulating what goes on EVERY. DAY. OF. THE. YEAR. in so-called "straight" culture.  Get your head out of the sand, please.  Our so called Christian nation is obsessed with lust on such a mind-boggling level that we have learned to simply believe it's not there.

And this is somehow a justification?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #514 on: February 15, 2013, 11:03:42 PM »

I know a lot of gay folks and work with them too.  Look, here's the deal.  I get more embarrassed bu the pervy and inappropriate stuff my straight male friends say about women than anything else.

So let's get real here.  People in general are weird and pervy and insensitive and lusty about sex.  Or can be.  Gays are no more or no less so.

Think this through.

How was Mardi Gras?

And it has had such grand support, I never heard of this before.  Just goes to show most people do not identify themselves by their sexuality. 
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #515 on: February 16, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »

Think this through.

How was Mardi Gras?

And it has had such grand support, I never heard of this before.  Just goes to show most people do not identify themselves by their sexuality. 
That's either stupid or naive or both or whatever. Too tired to explain why. It has been explained to you before but you spew the same idiocy. People always identify by their sexuality.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #516 on: February 16, 2013, 12:28:57 AM »

What happened to the discussion we were having about the Boy Scouts? I haven't seen mention of the Boy Scouts or scouting in the last 25 posts or so.
LBK
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2013, 01:38:57 AM »

What happened to the discussion we were having about the Boy Scouts? I haven't seen mention of the Boy Scouts or scouting in the last 25 posts or so.

Aren't moderators supposed to do something about derailed threads?  Wink
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:39:14 AM by LBK » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #518 on: February 16, 2013, 01:48:07 AM »

Who can say?  Whenever it was being discussed, the topic kept shifting to where it is now.  Is there any recent update on their decision?  Hundreds of thousands of Christians are curious to the outcome and if they should pull their kids from the Scouts.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #519 on: February 16, 2013, 03:04:08 AM »

Aren't moderators supposed to do something about derailed threads?  Wink
What do you think I'm doing? police Wink
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:05:30 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #520 on: February 16, 2013, 03:05:05 AM »

Who can say?  Whenever it was being discussed, the topic kept shifting to where it is now.
Y'know, it doesn't have to. Wink
LBK
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #521 on: February 16, 2013, 03:20:03 AM »

Who can say?  Whenever it was being discussed, the topic kept shifting to where it is now.

Really? Post derailing would earn a colored dot not so long ago. Standards must be slipping.  Tongue
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #522 on: February 16, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »

Who can say?  Whenever it was being discussed, the topic kept shifting to where it is now.

Really? Post derailing would earn a colored dot not so long ago. Standards must be slipping.  Tongue

1. Our standards have not slipped.
2. Our rules against public criticism of moderator action, which you are dangerously close to violating, have not slipped, either.

I therefore need to put an end to this tangent on moderator action/inaction, LBK. If you wish to continue this, please take it up with me or the rest of the moderator team in private.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 11:17:29 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Warned
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #523 on: February 16, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »

Think this through.

Who said we're a "christian" nation?

Or better yet, define "christian".

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #524 on: February 16, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »

Because it's not about what the Boy Scouts want, it's what homosexuals want.

The Boy Scouts have no say in this.

The real Boy Scouts would never even consider allowing open homosexuals into their org.

Don't you know this Peter?

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #525 on: February 16, 2013, 01:19:12 PM »

The real Boy Scouts would never even consider allowing open homosexuals into their org.

Were you a Boy Scout?  Are you a Scouter?  There is no denying alot of this pressure is coming from the Media, United Way, LGBT lobby but there are many in the organization that don't have a problem with this.  You have major chartering partners like the Episcopal Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church, Presbyterian Church USA, and United Church of Christ who have no problem with it.  It was bound to filter in.

Deacon Lance
Eagle Scout, Scoutmaster, Byzantine Catholic Archeparchy of Pittsburgh Scout Chaplain

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #526 on: February 16, 2013, 03:59:30 PM »

Perhaps it will get a second wind.

The real Boy Scouts would never even consider allowing open homosexuals into their org
or eat haggis.

Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #527 on: February 16, 2013, 05:08:04 PM »

Were you a Boy Scout?

No, but my son was. And my wife was a "den mother" or whatever they call it.

There is no denying alot of this pressure is coming from the Media, United Way, LGBT lobby but there are many in the organization that don't have a problem with this.

The Gay Mafia is highly financed and it's tentacles reach into every sector of the culture that would either resist them or have the apperance of not being supportive of their agenda, which is acceptance, by everyone, no exceptions are allowed. And they love to get at the children and the young, indoctrinating them at a young , impressionable age is of a highest priority, that would secure any future resistance.

You have major chartering partners like the Episcopal Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church, Presbyterian Church USA, and United Church of Christ who have no problem with it.  It was bound to filter in.

This is the problem, most of those "churches" you mention are extremely supportive of the Gay Agenda. Once you go outside the Roman Catholic/Eastern Orthodox and to some extent Southern Baptists sphere of influence, there isn't much resistance in Christianity today to the Gay Mafia and their corrupting the minds of children . And everyone else for that matter.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #528 on: February 16, 2013, 05:11:59 PM »

Really?  So when did they start making fake Scouts Eagle Scouts, because I know a gay Eagle Scout who DOES support openly gay people being in the Scouts.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #529 on: February 16, 2013, 05:18:17 PM »

Really?  So when did they start making fake Scouts Eagle Scouts, because I know a gay Eagle Scout who DOES support openly gay people being in the Scouts.
I don't care what he supports, he's wrong.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #530 on: February 16, 2013, 05:27:17 PM »

But is he a real Boy Scout, or is he a fake Boy Scout?

Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #531 on: February 16, 2013, 05:39:59 PM »

But is he a real Boy Scout, or is he a fake Boy Scout?
I guess he's a fugazi according to the real boy scouts.

From Wiki;

"The Boy Scouts of America's official position is to "not grant membership to individuals who are open or avowed homosexuals" as Scouts or adult Scout Leaders in its traditional Scouting programs.[16][17][18] As early as 1980, the Boy Scouts of America have denied membership from openly homosexual individuals applying for adult leadership positions.[19] In 1991 the BSA released a position statement expressing the organization's official position, stating: "We believe that homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the requirement in the Scout Oath that a Scout be morally straight and in the Scout Law that a Scout be clean in word and deed, and that homosexuals do not provide a desirable role model for Scouts.

Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #532 on: February 16, 2013, 05:47:29 PM »

Let me repeat this post and bold it in case there's any doubt on here what the OFFICIAL policy of the BSA is on homosexuality.

"The Boy Scouts of America's official position is to "not grant membership to individuals who are open or avowed homosexuals" as Scouts or adult Scout Leaders in its traditional Scouting programs.[16][17][18] As early as 1980, the Boy Scouts of America have denied membership from openly homosexual individuals applying for adult leadership positions.[19] In 1991 the BSA released a position statement expressing the organization's official position, stating: "We believe that homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the requirement in the Scout Oath that a Scout be morally straight and in the Scout Law that a Scout be clean in word and deed, and that homosexuals do not provide a desirable role model for Scouts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_membership_controversies#Position_on_homosexuality

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #533 on: February 16, 2013, 07:57:31 PM »

Most people are afraid of being called a homophobe.  I don't see why.  Unless you say yes to everything, all the time, regardless of what it is or if it contradicts something said previously, this is what they will call you.  It's lost it's real meaning, but people are still bothered by the title.  The Scouts seem to be falling for the same silly tactics others have and become the prey of intolerable intolerance.  It's a no brainer.  Homosexuality is wrong, period.  If a few slipped through the cracks and now want to wave the homosexual banner while saying, "Look at me" (which is half the problem anyway), this in no way should alter the Scouts.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #534 on: February 16, 2013, 11:42:32 PM »

Most people are afraid of being called a homophobe. 

Unfortunately, that term can mean anything from being afraid of homosexuality (its literal meaning) to believing that homosexual activity is morally wrong, to an unbridled hatred of homosexuals.

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #535 on: February 16, 2013, 11:43:26 PM »

The Gay Mafia is highly financed and it's tentacles reach into every sector of the culture that would either resist them or have the apperance of not being supportive of their agenda, which is acceptance, by everyone, no exceptions are allowed.

I didn't expect the Gay Mafia.

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #536 on: February 16, 2013, 11:51:04 PM »

Most people are afraid of being called a homophobe. 

Unfortunately, that term can mean anything from being afraid of homosexuality (its literal meaning) to believing that homosexual activity is morally wrong, to an unbridled hatred of homosexuals.
Exactly my point.  It sort of lost its meaning and it's teeth with the loss of meaning.  It is no longer a bite, rather a slobbery gumming at ones ankles.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #537 on: July 16, 2013, 04:11:53 AM »

The Boy Scouts of America’s new fitness standards for participating in the organization’s annual Jamboree are so rigorous they would not just exclude chubby tenderfoots — they would even bar many NFL players.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/15/boy-scouts-jamboree-should-include-those-barred-due-to-bmi-restrictions-experts/?test=latestnews#ixzz2ZC8nUvTJ

Wait, what…

Open homosexuals are ok, but not heavy kids? Shocked

And for those who dont like Fox News.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/15/19488312-obese-boy-scouts-left-out-of-national-gathering?lite

Boy Scouts attending this year’s National Scout Jamboree will have a lot more physical challenges to endure there, but even before setting up camp in West Virginia they had to undergo fitness exams, including a screening tool for obesity.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:15:49 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #538 on: July 16, 2013, 05:50:41 AM »

What on earth is straight culture? And picking my way through the endless 'them and us' contentions is so mind numbingly boring and appears just to be a variant on the juvenile game of who can pee furthest.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:07:20 AM by Santagranddad » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #539 on: July 16, 2013, 06:01:55 AM »

The Boy Scouts of America’s new fitness standards for participating in the organization’s annual Jamboree are so rigorous they would not just exclude chubby tenderfoots — they would even bar many NFL players.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/15/boy-scouts-jamboree-should-include-those-barred-due-to-bmi-restrictions-experts/?test=latestnews#ixzz2ZC8nUvTJ

Wait, what…

Open homosexuals are ok, but not heavy kids? Shocked

And for those who dont like Fox News.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/15/19488312-obese-boy-scouts-left-out-of-national-gathering?lite

Boy Scouts attending this year’s National Scout Jamboree will have a lot more physical challenges to endure there, but even before setting up camp in West Virginia they had to undergo fitness exams, including a screening tool for obesity.

What on earth is straight culture? And picking my way through the endless 'them and us' contentions is so mind numbingly boring and appears just to a variant on the juvenile game of who can pee furthest.

What?
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: