OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 12:18:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy Scouts reconsidering stance on gay members  (Read 9902 times) Average Rating: 0
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Moderated
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »

If only we could have a kind of reeducation camp or something...for gays.

I hope this is a joke.
Or what?

Are you being intolerant?

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2013, 05:39:30 PM »

Well I'm two for two there Peter.

I was never in scouts myself. Probably a majority of the guys I've known through junior high and high school have been though. From the anecdotes I've heard of what goes down at their meetings, it seems a lot of them are pretty openly heterosexual, talking about girls and their relationships with them and what not. If that does indeed come up, then preventing open homosexuality seems dumb.

Also, if the organization does indeed build character,  I shudder to think what this motley crew of stoners and slackers and perverts would be like without it.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2013, 05:41:08 PM »

I read this thread again and it is heartbreaking!  I wonder at what other point in history Christianity was faced with the same or similar infections it currently experiences.  I wonder because I need something to cling to as I see it dissolve away, all over the world, into a watered down unpottable source of drinking water.  How did this happen?  How did we allow it to become this way?  Where are the people seeking the face of God with a desire to live for Him and die to self?  How did this happen to the Apostolic Church?  I spent years searching to get away from this vile contaminant only to see its festering presence here.  I grow weary of the fight.  My heart weeps for the souls of humanity charging forward into the abyss, while they cheer for their ultimate destruction and there is nothing I can do to slow their sprint, much less stop them.  I remember the days gone by when I was bitter toward foolishness, ready to fight the good fight.  Now I am saddened knowing they carry forth of their own choice, not due to ignorance but due to foolishness.  My heart breaks, not for me, rather for them and all I can do is pray is watch.
What on earth is this? Cut the sanctimony.

Really I hope you have boys that are gay so you can get some perspective. You need it.

The level of discrimination and hatred shown in this thread is vile and repulsive. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

And BTW, Kerdy, "to get away from the wile contaminant", Christ did the opposite. He sat with them.

“Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
You whine and moan about "hatred" yet you attack back with the same ferocity and indignation.

You hope he has homosexual children? Really?

You illiberals are truly a nasty lot.

I think that talk radio guy is right, liberalism is definitely a "mental disorder".
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:53:08 PM by Charles Martel » Logged

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2013, 05:44:03 PM »

I read this thread again and it is heartbreaking!  I wonder at what other point in history Christianity was faced with the same or similar infections it currently experiences.  I wonder because I need something to cling to as I see it dissolve away, all over the world, into a watered down unpottable source of drinking water.  How did this happen?  How did we allow it to become this way?  Where are the people seeking the face of God with a desire to live for Him and die to self?  How did this happen to the Apostolic Church?  I spent years searching to get away from this vile contaminant only to see its festering presence here.  I grow weary of the fight.  My heart weeps for the souls of humanity charging forward into the abyss, while they cheer for their ultimate destruction and there is nothing I can do to slow their sprint, much less stop them.  I remember the days gone by when I was bitter toward foolishness, ready to fight the good fight.  Now I am saddened knowing they carry forth of their own choice, not due to ignorance but due to foolishness.  My heart breaks, not for me, rather for them and all I can do is pray is watch.

Really I hope you have boys that are gay so you can get some perspective. You need it.

The level of discrimination and hatred shown in this thread is vile and repulsive. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

And BTW, Kerdy, "to get away from the wile contaminant", Christ did the opposite. He sat with them.

“Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
You whine and moan about "hatred" yet you attack back with the same verocity and indignation.

I think that talk radio guy is right, liberalism is definitely a "mental disorder".

What is so bad about having gay children?

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2013, 05:46:33 PM »

Why? You can't stand competition at your own game?

So you will allow yourself to be sanctimonious, but you won't allow Kerdy to do the same?

Oh, that's right, you have a monopoly on sanctimonious BS. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:47:34 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2013, 05:47:02 PM »

I hope this is a joke.
Or what?

Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:47:32 PM by Deep Roots » Logged

Peace.
Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2013, 05:54:37 PM »

You whine and moan about "hatred" yet you attack back with the same verocity and indignation.

Nothing, everyone should have HAPPY children. Grin

Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »

I hope this is a joke.
Or what?

Cheesy

it would ultimately be better for the gays themselves, as they'd be cured.  And if they don't want to be cured, at least it will keep them from our precious children and will prevent the further feminization of our society!   Kiss

Peace.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2013, 06:23:13 PM »

The idea of a gay child having Kerdy (or Charles Martel for that matter) as a father makes me a bit sad.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2013, 06:24:34 PM »

I hope this is a joke.
Or what?

Cheesy

it would ultimately be better for the gays themselves, as they'd be cured.

Easy there Exodus.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2013, 06:24:57 PM »

I read this thread again and it is heartbreaking!  I wonder at what other point in history Christianity was faced with the same or similar infections it currently experiences.  I wonder because I need something to cling to as I see it dissolve away, all over the world, into a watered down unpottable source of drinking water.  How did this happen?  How did we allow it to become this way?  Where are the people seeking the face of God with a desire to live for Him and die to self?  How did this happen to the Apostolic Church?  I spent years searching to get away from this vile contaminant only to see its festering presence here.  I grow weary of the fight.  My heart weeps for the souls of humanity charging forward into the abyss, while they cheer for their ultimate destruction and there is nothing I can do to slow their sprint, much less stop them.  I remember the days One by when I was bitter toward foolishness, ready to fight the good fight.  Now I am saddened knowing they carry forth of their own choice, not due to ignorance but due to foolishness.  My heart breaks, not for me, rather for them and all I can do is pray is watch.

Oh **** this again?

I'll just reiterate to all the straight folks in the house that we started this one.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »

EDIT- I'm thick and missed joke.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:26:08 PM by stavros_388 » Logged

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2013, 06:26:15 PM »

The idea of a gay child having Kerdy (or Charles Martel for that matter) as a father makes me a bit sad.

Oh well certainly (and I'd go ahead and add Yesh to that too, seeing as how his motto is "Make 'em homeless; make 'em straight")!

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #238 on: February 02, 2013, 06:26:57 PM »

I hope this is a joke.
Or what?

Cheesy

it would ultimately be better for the gays themselves, as they'd be cured.

Easy there Exodus.
Wink

Peace.
Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #239 on: February 02, 2013, 06:34:21 PM »

How was your straight father? Don't worry about me or Kerdy in our standards as men or fathers.

I have two sons (neither homosexual) but if they were, I would still love them.

I would love then enough to tell them they are wrong and in danger of hellfire.

That's real love, telling them the coldhearted truth and the reality of these things.

Not some wimpy, lovey-dovey speech about "tolerance" and acceptance.

Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2013, 06:39:50 PM »

No joke. Who doesn't want Happy children?

Definition of GAY
1a : happily excited : merry <in a gay mood> b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits <a bird's gay spring song>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gay

stavros_388
OC.net guru

« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2013, 06:43:27 PM »

How was your straight father? Don't worry about me or Kerdy in our standards as men or fathers.

That's real love, telling them the coldhearted truth and the reality of these things.

Wimpy?? You're funny. But in a frightening kind of way.

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

stavros_388
OC.net guru

« Reply #242 on: February 02, 2013, 06:43:53 PM »

Definition of GAY
1a : happily excited : merry <in a gay mood> b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits <a bird's gay spring song>

Yeah, yeah, I got it.

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #243 on: February 02, 2013, 06:45:08 PM »

Definition of GAY

I can use a dictionary too

Gay
 Definition
› homosexual:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/american-english/gay_1?q=gay

SCREW BON JOVI!
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #244 on: February 02, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »

also, my post regarding the topic of this thread is coming, i need to let it back some more

SCREW BON JOVI!
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #245 on: February 02, 2013, 07:08:25 PM »

nevermind
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:08:42 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »

If the gay boy becomes attracted to the straight boy, a quick punch in the nuts from the straight boy will put an end to that right quick!

... if the straight boy has enough gumption to do it, sure. And he should!

Sadly, that's not always the case, especially if the straight boy is younger, smaller, or susceptible to bullying and coercion.
LBK, if the boy scouts are gonna gang rape somebody, sexual orientation won't have anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:14:54 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »

I read this thread again and it is heartbreaking!  I wonder at what other point in history Christianity was faced with the same or similar infections it currently experiences.  I wonder because I need something to cling to as I see it dissolve away, all over the world, into a watered down unpottable source of drinking water.  How did this happen?  
Kerdy, you know we sang songs about conquering barbarians in the name of Christ, right?

And how we burnt people at the stake and beat civilians to death?

And how monasteries held slave auctions?

And we're still here.

Do you really think a few gays can do what we couldn't?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:23:43 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2013, 09:22:22 PM »

I am unsure how expressing my sincere feelings is sanctimonious, but if you say so it must be true.  I get the feeling you are seeing things.  Unless, expressing your thoughts, fears, feelings and concerns is sanctimonious.  Then again, if that is the case, you also are sanctimonious.  So where does that leave us?

I have all the perspective I need.  Again, you see and read what you want to be there, not what is actually being posted.  You interpret, paraphrase, and ignore.  Sounds more like a personal issue with you than it sounds like any problem with me.  What makes you think if one of my children told me they were homosexual I would treat them in an evil way?  Because I don’t share your skewed understanding?  That isn’t evil,  that is reality.  As the proponents are so fond of saying, “deal with it.”

The level of discrimination and hatred shown in this thread is vile and repulsive. You  We should be ashamed of yourselves ourselves.

Fixed it for you and you are correct.  It is repulsive, but not how you think.

First thing, I am not Christ.  Second thing, He sat with them and ministered to them.  He NEVER told them their sins were acceptable.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have posted.  Was this one of those posts to make you feel better?  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:43:12 PM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2013, 09:22:57 PM »

Achronos, what's been eating you lately?

The truth.  Some people just can't handle the truth.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »

Kerdy, I am sorry you are so distressed, may the Lord grant you peace.

It isn't me I am worried about, but thank you.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #251 on: February 02, 2013, 09:24:06 PM »

Good one.  What was the rebuttal again? 
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #252 on: February 02, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »

I'm curious: are we condemning males for being heterosexual when we ban then from the women's locker room?

Not until it is part of an agenda.  Give it time.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #253 on: February 02, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »

I don't think orthonorm and augustin are as similar as the latter would like to believe.
Have you been smoking something ?

Brilliant rebuttal...pure genius.  You clearly are the envy of the debating world.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #254 on: February 02, 2013, 09:29:45 PM »

You whine and moan about "hatred" yet you attack back with the same ferocity and indignation.

It’s what I like to call the exclusionary rule.  If you agree with yourself, you are excluded.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #255 on: February 02, 2013, 09:32:14 PM »

I’m astounded you can make such an assumption having never met either of us, seen us interact with children, or our history and experiences with children, much less our own. 
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #256 on: February 02, 2013, 09:35:07 PM »

Oh well certainly (and I'd go ahead and add Yesh to that too, seeing as how his motto is "Make 'em homeless; make 'em straight")!

There you go attributing words which a person has not said.  You do realize by using “  “, you are supposed to be quoting from someone.  If they, in fact, did not say what you quote, you are being dishonest.  I can’t speak for Charles, but I know I have never mentioned these words in this context.  I am not surprise, though; this appears to be your discipline of argumentation.  Just say hateful things.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2013, 09:38:57 PM »

Be careful Charles.  You should know by now if you don’t agree, you "hate gay homosexual people and would be perfectly pleased if they all died”.  Just ask JamesR.  (See how the quotations work there James?)
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #258 on: February 02, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »

2+2 does not equal Purple.

His "wimpy" statement was not a masculine attack against homosexuality.  It was a reference to the "be what you want to be regardless of what is right" mentality.
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #259 on: February 02, 2013, 10:06:43 PM »

I am unsure how expressing my sincere feelings is sanctimonious, but if you say so it must be true.  I get the feeling you are seeing things.  Unless, expressing your thoughts, fears, feelings and concerns is sanctimonious.  Then again, if that is the case, you also are sanctimonious.  So where does that leave us?

I have all the perspective I need.  Again, you see and read what you want to be there, not what is actually being posted.  You interpret, paraphrase, and ignore.  Sounds more like a personal issue with you than it sounds like any problem with me.  What makes you think if one of my children told me they were homosexual I would treat them in an evil way?  Because I don’t share your skewed understanding?  That isn’t evil,  that is reality.  As the proponents are so fond of saying, “deal with it.”

The level of discrimination and hatred shown in this thread is vile and repulsive. You  We should be ashamed of yourselves ourselves.

Fixed it for you and you are correct.  It is repulsive, but not how you think.

First thing, I am not Christ.  Second thing, He sat with them and ministered to them.  He NEVER told them their sins were acceptable.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have posted.  Was this one of those posts to make you feel better? 

The truth.  Some people just can't handle the truth.
I'm curious: are we condemning males for being heterosexual when we ban then from the women's locker room?

Not until it is part of an agenda.  Give it time.
I read this thread again and it is heartbreaking!  I wonder at what other point in history Christianity was faced with the same or similar infections it currently experiences.  I wonder because I need something to cling to as I see it dissolve away, all over the world, into a watered down unpottable source of drinking water.  How did this happen?  How did we allow it to become this way?  Where are the people seeking the face of God with a desire to live for Him and die to self?  How did this happen to the Apostolic Church?  I spent years searching to get away from this vile contaminant only to see its festering presence here.  I grow weary of the fight.  My heart weeps for the souls of humanity charging forward into the abyss, while they cheer for their ultimate destruction and there is nothing I can do to slow their sprint, much less stop them.  I remember the days gone by when I was bitter toward foolishness, ready to fight the good fight.  Now I am saddened knowing they carry forth of their own choice, not due to ignorance but due to foolishness.  My heart breaks, not for me, rather for them and all I can do is pray is watch.

It’s what I like to call the exclusionary rule.  If you agree with yourself, you are excluded.
I read this thread again and it is heartbreaking!  I wonder at what other point in history Christianity was faced with the same or similar infections it currently experiences.  I wonder because I need something to cling to as I see it dissolve away, all over the world, into a watered down unpottable source of drinking water.  How did this happen?  How did we allow it to become this way?  Where are the people seeking the face of God with a desire to live for Him and die to self?  How did this happen to the Apostolic Church?  I spent years searching to get away from this vile contaminant only to see its festering presence here.  I grow weary of the fight.  My heart weeps for the souls of humanity charging forward into the abyss, while they cheer for their ultimate destruction and there is nothing I can do to slow their sprint, much less stop them.  I remember the days gone by when I was bitter toward foolishness, ready to fight the good fight.  Now I am saddened knowing they carry forth of their own choice, not due to ignorance but due to foolishness.  My heart breaks, not for me, rather for them and all I can do is pray is watch.

I’m astounded you can make such an assumption having never met either of us, seen us interact with children, or our history and experiences with children, much less our own. 

There you go attributing words which a person has not said.  You do realize by using “  “, you are supposed to be quoting from someone.  If they, in fact, did not say what you quote, you are being dishonest.  I can’t speak for Charles, but I know I have never mentioned these words in this context.  I am not surprise, though; this appears to be your discipline of argumentation.  Just say hateful things.

Be careful Charles.  You should know by now if you don’t agree, you "hate gay homosexual people and would be perfectly pleased if they all died”.  Just ask JamesR.  (See how the quotations work there James?)

His "wimpy" statement was not a masculine attack against homosexuality.  It was a reference to the "be what you want to be regardless of what is right" mentality.
You can quote multiple posts at once, just FYI. Keep this crap better-contained.

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #260 on: February 02, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »

I am unsure how expressing my sincere feelings is sanctimonious, but if you say so it must be true.  I get the feeling you are seeing things.  Unless, expressing your thoughts, fears, feelings and concerns is sanctimonious.  Then again, if that is the case, you also are sanctimonious.  So where does that leave us?

I have all the perspective I need.  Again, you see and read what you want to be there, not what is actually being posted.  You interpret, paraphrase, and ignore.  Sounds more like a personal issue with you than it sounds like any problem with me.  What makes you think if one of my children told me they were homosexual I would treat them in an evil way?  Because I don’t share your skewed understanding?  That isn’t evil,  that is reality.  As the proponents are so fond of saying, “deal with it.”

The level of discrimination and hatred shown in this thread is vile and repulsive. You  We should be ashamed of yourselves ourselves.

Fixed it for you and you are correct.  It is repulsive, but not how you think.

First thing, I am not Christ.  Second thing, He sat with them and ministered to them.  He NEVER told them their sins were acceptable.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have posted.  Was this one of those posts to make you feel better?  

The truth.  Some people just can't handle the truth.

Not until it is part of an agenda.  Give it time.

It’s what I like to call the exclusionary rule.  If you agree with yourself, you are excluded.

There you go attributing words which a person has not said.  You do realize by using “  “, you are supposed to be quoting from someone.  If they, in fact, did not say what you quote, you are being dishonest.  I can’t speak for Charles, but I know I have never mentioned these words in this context.  I am not surprise, though; this appears to be your discipline of argumentation.  Just say hateful things.

Be careful Charles.  You should know by now if you don’t agree, you "hate gay homosexual people and would be perfectly pleased if they all died”.  Just ask JamesR.  (See how the quotations work there James?)

His "wimpy" statement was not a masculine attack against homosexuality.  It was a reference to the "be what you want to be regardless of what is right" mentality.
You can quote multiple posts at once, just FYI. Keep this crap better-contained.

Is there a forum rule about this?  And what do you mean by "crap?"  You may want to take a course in civility and learn how to ask someone for something.  Just a thought.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:13:53 PM by Kerdy » Logged
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #261 on: February 02, 2013, 10:30:34 PM »

Just general internet courtesy from what I've gathered. Certainly personal preference. And I think "crap" is a pretty polite way of characterizing your posts in this thread.

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #262 on: February 02, 2013, 10:33:32 PM »

Just general internet courtesy from what I've gathered. Certainly personal preference.

If it is a rule, I will comply.  If not, I prefer to keep it simple and understandable.

And I think "crap" is a pretty polite way of characterizing your posts in this thread.

And you would be incorrect.
Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2013, 10:34:39 PM »

What? I'd make one of my own children "Homeless" to prove a point? Absolutely not!

What the hell is wrong with some of these posters on here to make some of the statements like this?

Oh right, I know......that "mental disorder" thing.

Good luck with that.

Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #264 on: February 02, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »

Definition of GAY

I can use a dictionary too

Gay
 Definition
› homosexual:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/american-english/gay_1?q=gay
Right, but my definition is the first and originial meaning of the word.

Besides, "Gay" has several defintions, "Homosexual" only has one.

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #265 on: February 02, 2013, 10:40:02 PM »

What? I'd make one of my own children "Homeless" to prove a point? Absolutely not!

What the hell is wrong with some of these posters on here to make some of the statements like this?

Oh right, I know......that "mental disorder" thing.

Good luck with that.

Just a bit for clarification: James was not talking about you, rather James, in his use of the pronoun "his", was referring to yeah, whom has, in fact, said this. He was adding onto his "list" of people he wishes would have gay(the word I will be using, feel free to change it to homosexual if it makes you feel better) children, which consists of kerry, and yes, you, and now yesh onto that list.

SCREW BON JOVI!
augustin717
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #266 on: February 02, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »

Even if you Ch. Martel wouldn't make your children homeless to prove a point that happens all the time to gay kids with religious parents . I live in a neighborhood whre I see them often also read in the local press and even  talked to some a few times.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #267 on: February 02, 2013, 10:46:29 PM »

Just a bit for clarification: James was not talking about you, rather James, in his use of the pronoun "his", was referring to yeah, whom has, in fact, said this. He was adding onto his "list" of people he wishes would have gay(the word I will be using, feel free to change it to homosexual if it makes you feel better) children, which consists of kerry, and yes, you, and now yesh onto that list.
Just for a bit of clarification:  It makes no difference.  What was said was contemptible in nature and no different than saying you wish someone would have a child who becomes addicted to drugs, becomes a prostitute, an alcoholic or any other sin which takes control of their life.  It was a deep seeded and detestable thing to say.  It truly reveals a person’s uncovered heart to wish hardship of another person, especially a child.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #268 on: February 02, 2013, 10:47:20 PM »

happens all the time to gay kids with religious parents .

Just trying to help.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #269 on: February 02, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »

Even if you Ch. Martel wouldn't make your children homeless to prove a point that happens all the time to gay kids with religious parents . I live in a neighborhood whre I see them often also read in the local press and even  talked to some a few times.
I have met many people who were at the time or previously homeless children for a wide variety of reasons.  Your point is empty in defense of your position.

BTW: Your post is rife with contemptibility...  "even if...to make a point"...really?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:52:16 PM by Kerdy » Logged
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: