OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 06:59:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Abdicates Throne!  (Read 1478 times) Average Rating: 0
Santagranddad
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 11:18:32 AM »

HM The Queen in her capacity as Queen of Australia acted there as such, and not as Queen of 'England'. Similarly when she acts in Canada she does so as Queen of Canada, acting with the advice of her Government there. She is Queen of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. If we are to debate conspiracy theories it might lend some credence if correct titles were used rather than made up ones.
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »

Not too long ago, the Queen of England dissolved the Canadian parliament for the third time in three years. In 1975 she removed Australia's Prime Minister from office. This is done, procedurally, through the monarch's "Governor-General."

Unfortunately, the British and Dutch royal families are involved in a lot of globalist activity, which aims to bring about a One World Government to prepare the way for the Antichrist to dominate the entire planet. I won't go into the moral turpitude issues with these families, because they are too shocking to write about in public. Anyone who cares to know, contact me privately.

Quite naïvely and innocently, many still respect the British and Dutch monarchs. I think the heart of these reverential persons is in the right place, but they simply don't have much information on how things work in this world.

Quite frankly, as soon as I see how seriously misinformed (or purposely deceptive) a writer is with the expression "Queen of England" I know the rest of the message is pure drivel.

"Moral turpitude issues"? Really? You mean like the sins of countless members of any community?

Just to add onto what you said.

There is no such thing as the "Queen of England", that Kingdom was merged with the Kingdom of Scotland in the early 1700s(1707 i believe) into the "Kingdom of Great Britain".

In addition, the Queen of Great Britain has no ability to control what a foreign country does. The Queen of Canada, however, has the ability to dissolve the Canadian Parliament. The Queen of Canada also has no way to interfere with the affairs of the Oz, however, the Queen of Australia can, which is a separate Kingdom.

All of the above are the same person, but different roles.
genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »

There is no such thing as the "Queen of England", that Kingdom was merged with the Kingdom of Scotland in the early 1700s(1707 i believe) into the "Kingdom of Great Britain".

Close: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and now the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

In addition, the Queen of Great Britain has no ability to control what a foreign country does. The Queen of Canada, however, has the ability to dissolve the Canadian Parliament. The Queen of Canada also has no way to interfere with the affairs of the Oz, however, the Queen of Australia can, which is a separate Kingdom.

Outside of the UK, "realm" is preferred to "kingdom" in actual usage. "The Kingdom of Canada" was rejected by our Fathers of Confederation to avoid irritating the "still millitarily active and looking for a fight" Yankees in the late 1860s. That's when the term "Dominion of Canada" came into being, with the term taken directly from Psalm 72:8 (KJV), which is also the source of our national motto "from sea to sea".
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »

Close: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and now the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Outside of the UK, "realm" is preferred to "kingdom" in actual usage. "The Kingdom of Canada" was rejected by our Fathers of Confederation to avoid irritating the "still millitarily active and looking for a fight" Yankees in the late 1860s. That's when the term "Dominion of Canada" came into being, with the term taken directly from Psalm 72:8 (KJV), which is also the source of our national motto "from sea to sea".

You are of course right, I erred based on the haste i was writing my post, as I had to rush off to work when i noticed the time, and didnt have time to think myself through
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »

HM The Queen in her capacity as Queen of Australia acted there as such, and not as Queen of 'England'. Similarly when she acts in Canada she does so as Queen of Canada, acting with the advice of her Government there. She is Queen of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. If we are to debate conspiracy theories it might lend some credence if correct titles were used rather than made up ones.
or simply refer to them by name; Beatrix van Orange, Elizabeth Windsor, Albert Grimaldi etc..

Proverbs 22:7
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 03:23:06 PM »

What's so wrong with UK's monarchy? If anything, it is good because it gives the people a sense of unity--especially when Ireland is so chaotic--and feeds our western conception that Europe is like a Disney movie with castles, princesses and dragons.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Fr.Aidan
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church (ROCOR)

Ds. superbis resistit; humilibus autem dat gratiam

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2013, 03:39:13 PM »

It was careless to say "Queen of England," but the point remains.

Avoiding intellectual discourse by labeling one's opponent a "conspiracy theorist" is the modern style. In former times it was "those Jews" or "that commoner" or you were a "heretic" (like Galileo) or a "partisan" or a "revolutionary in travel-stained clothing." Then, as now, it meant, "There's no sense debating, since I'm already right and it is beneath me even to engage with the one who disagrees with me."

Some things never change!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:40:37 PM by Fr.Aidan » Logged
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2013, 03:50:20 PM »

or simply refer to them by name; Beatrix van Orange, Elizabeth Windsor, Albert Grimaldi etc..

Why would you hate our monarchies?

On a OC.net diet.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2013, 03:52:33 PM »

It's not hate. It really doesn't rise to that level of importance. It's more akin to embarrassed laughter.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »

It's not hate. It really doesn't rise to that level of importance. It's more akin to embarrassed laughter.
Hey, you have your system and we have ours.

We really shouldn't get offended though. After all, we laugh at your political system all the time.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:34:21 PM by Ansgar » Logged

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2013, 06:16:22 PM »

We really shouldn't get offended though. After all, we laugh at your political system all the time.

Exactly!

EDIT: After all what greater gift can you give to others than laughing at them so that they can learn to laugh at themselves?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:17:22 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2013, 06:25:29 PM »

Exactly!

EDIT: After all what greater gift can you give to others than laughing at them so that they can learn to laugh at themselves?

Free beer?

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Fr.Aidan
High Elder

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2013, 06:27:38 PM »

+1
James2
Mr.
High Elder

Faith: skeptic

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2013, 02:07:07 PM »

It's all about having money flow from other people's purses, into your own. And despite the appearances of "impotent monarchy," these monarchs do wield power due to their incredible wealth and involvement with the satanic One World Government cartel.

Not too long ago, the Queen of England dissolved the Canadian parliament for the third time in three years. In 1975 she removed Australia's Prime Minister from office. This is done, procedurally, through the monarch's "Governor-General."

That b!+(# ! Wink
Fr.Aidan
High Elder

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2013, 05:10:01 PM »

That's disrespectful of the Queen.
genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »

That's disrespectful of the Queen.

As is the habit of spreading malicious gossip about her and her family. (Whether true or not is not the point: gossip is gossip.)

Unfortunately, the British and Dutch royal families are involved in a lot of globalist activity, which aims to bring about a One World Government to prepare the way for the Antichrist to dominate the entire planet. I won't go into the moral turpitude issues with these families, because they are too shocking to write about in public. Anyone who cares to know, contact me privately.
Santagranddad
High Elder

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »

Amen
Fr.Aidan
High Elder

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »

I work in Family Protective Services to protect children from abuse and neglect.

The royal family are in the public eye.

It is not unimportant for people to know that if they allow their children contact with royal circles, their closest advisors and confidantes and/or royals themselves, their children's safety will be gravely endangered.

It is not schadenfreude for the problems of the British royal family, or the joy of gossip, but informing people that these are criminal elements, so that the existence of a high office will not induce naïve trust. And I don't mind repeating this message whenever a halfway-germane topic comes up.

I do not judge the souls of any individual members of the British royal family, nor think myself any better off spiritually, as if I'm something.

By the way, I would do the same in the case of a discussion involving any specific pedophile Roman Catholic priest. And would, by so doing, intend no disrespect to the office of the (Catholic?) priesthood.

Clear?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:53:50 PM by Fr.Aidan » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »

LOL. The republics should talk.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2013, 07:11:25 PM »

not much for "Mr. President" I see.

And Her Majesty had no power to dissolve parliament as Elizabeth Windsor.  Only the Queen (or King) of Australia could do that.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:16:20 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Santagranddad
High Elder

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2013, 08:22:59 PM »

I work in Family Protective Services to protect children from abuse and neglect.

It is not unimportant for people to know that if they allow their children contact with royal circles, their closest advisors and confidantes and/or royals themselves, their children's safety will be gravely endangered.

It is not schadenfreude for the problems of the British royal family, or the joy of gossip, but informing people that these are criminal elements, so that the existence of a high office will not induce naïve trust. And I don't mind repeating this message whenever a halfway-germane topic comes up.

I do not judge the souls of any individual members of the British royal family, nor think myself any better off spiritually, as if I'm something.

By the way, I would do the same in the case of a discussion involving any specific pedophile Roman Catholic priest. And would, by so doing, intend no disrespect to the office of the (Catholic?) priesthood.

Clear?

I too, before retiring, have worked on child and vulnerable adult protection issues. You hint at there being 'risk factors' around a vaguely defined and wide group or groups. In the field of child you have a duty to report these concerns and any supporting facts to the appropriate Safeguarding Children panel. Why are you as a professional and a clergyman putting out vaguely worded 'warnings' that are totally ineffective in safeguarding children and casting a slur upon a whole range of folk. No one, high born or low, surely deserves to be defamed in such a manner?

If you have sufficient real grounds for concern act, or if not desist, please.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:27:37 PM by Santagranddad » Logged
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »

Clear?

Yeah, but not about what you might think.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: