OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 09:35:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miraculous Icons -- tested for validity?  (Read 1536 times) Average Rating: 0
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »

Yes, the Myrah from the Hawaiian Streaming Icon has been lab tested. The combinations were impossible to replicate in all practicality and at least one part was impossible to identify, with no earthly corollary.
Wow!  That is fascinating.  Where did you hear/read about this?

I am friends with Reader Nectari the caretaker of the Icon. I have spent many hours with the Icon. I have seen the droplets slowly form and then run down. I have witnessed the rose fragrance come up and then recede and then come up again. I know people whose oil soaked cotton received from prior visits re moisten the night before the Icon comes by.  He has lots of stories that are mind blowing. I have posted some of them in earlier threads.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 01:45:23 PM »

Yes, the Myrah from the Hawaiian Streaming Icon has been lab tested. The combinations were impossible to replicate in all practicality and at least one part was impossible to identify, with no earthly corollary.

I am friends with Reader Nectari the caretaker of the Icon. I have spent many hours with the Icon. I have seen the droplets slowly form and then run down. I have witnessed the rose fragrance come up and then recede and then come up again. I know people whose oil soaked cotton received from prior visits re moisten the night before the Icon comes by.  He has lots of stories that are mind blowing. I have posted some of them in earlier threads.
Man, I'd love to see the lab reports and/or forensic report of those examinations.

I still have my cotton swab from when I saw it.

Peace.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 02:26:45 PM »

I would consider a forensic result of "we dont know how this is happening" to be a good result.

also, yes, of course one of my concerns is for hoaxes...but also out of genuine curiosity.

Curiosity, no matter how genuine, still has the potential to kill more than just cats.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »

I would consider a forensic result of "we dont know how this is happening" to be a good result.

also, yes, of course one of my concerns is for hoaxes...but also out of genuine curiosity.

Curiosity, no matter how genuine, still has the potential to kill more than just cats.
Oh does it?  Please tell me about it.

Peace.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »

Genesis and man's fall comes to mind for one.
Deep Roots
Elder

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 03:10:04 PM »

Genesis and man's fall comes to mind for one.

Yeah, that's not stretching for an analogy. 

Peace.
Velsigne
Elder

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 09:42:57 PM »

I have seen it twice, and it makes me wonder, if God can do this with wood, what greater things can He do with us?

Then today from Prayers By the Lake audiobook:

"...When your image in the human soul vanishes, You give power and might to Your image in wood.

Those, who in the end will weep bitterly, laugh and say: "How can dead objects work wonders, which even we cannot work?"

Are these objects not alive, if You bring them to life?
And are people not dead, if You abandon them, O Fearful Lord?

Your angels know, yet people do not know, that all powers are Yours, in You and from You, and You manifest them through pure channels.  What if a stone is pure while a man is impure?  Will not the Lord's might be manifested through the stone rather than through the man?

Only a righteous man laughs with the laughter of joy.  The laughter of the unrighteous man is malice.

The unrighteous man laughs at the relics of the saints, and he is consumed by malicious laughter.  Oh if he only knew that the dead relics of the saints contain more life than his own flesh and blood!

Truly, malice is distant from the Most Merciful Lord, just as malice is always distant from virginity, rationality and sanctity.

Indeed, the Logical Lord is always ready to do good to men through men.  But when men become impure, and become bereft of logic and holiness, the All-Merciful rushes to help people through dead objects.

O All-Merciful and Longsuffering Lord, do not leave the world without the channels of Your might and mercy."

St. Nikolai Velimirovich

Prayer XXXVIII
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: