OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 06:52:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyday Saints and Other Stories - by Archimandrite Tikhon (Shevkunov)  (Read 925 times) Average Rating: 0
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« on: January 25, 2013, 05:34:05 AM »

Hi All,

Has anyone read this book Everyday Saints and Other Stories - by Archimandrite Tikhon (Shevkunov)

http://www.facebook.com/everydaysaints.book

http://www.amazon.com/Everyday-Saints-Russian-Orthodox-Archimandrite/dp/0984284834

Is this the book where there is a story of a Priest and Demon where the demon appeared to him while sitting in his office drinking his tea the demon appeared infront of him and he ended up running 9miles (14km) to another village to tell another priest, possibly for help ?. I heard that story partially on the radio. I am wondering if this is the book that the story came from?.

Thanks

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »

It is a good book. And, yes, that story is from it--illustrating that the priest was not ready to do exorcisms.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 07:07:19 AM »

It is a good book. And, yes, that story is from it--illustrating that the priest was not ready to do exorcisms.

Thanks, I'll have to put it on my future reading list.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: