OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 01:24:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kindle Fire HD  (Read 514 times) Average Rating: 0
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« on: January 24, 2013, 06:45:45 PM »

Anyone know if there are any Orthodox apps for the Fire HD? I know that there a few for Android phones but I don't know about the Kindle.
choy
Archon

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »

Is it limited to specific apps or do you have access to Google's Play Store?  Or maybe you can sideload apps?
RobNJ

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »

Anyone know if there are any Orthodox apps for the Fire HD? I know that there a few for Android phones but I don't know about the Kindle.

Just found one by seaching "Orthodox" in the Kindle Fire app store... "Daily Readings" from the GOARCH lectionary. Price is right too, free!  Grin
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »

Just found one by seaching "Orthodox" in the Kindle Fire app store... "Daily Readings" from the GOARCH lectionary. Price is right too, free!  Grin
I've downloaded this, and it's awesome!  (Though I think I'll stick with my physical book of the readings.)

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »

Thanks.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »

Search the Google Play store for "PrayDaily"; that's one that I use a lot when on the road. It should work on the Kindle Fire.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:15:18 AM by theistgal » Logged

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: