Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 332 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Protospatharios
Apologies
« on: February 02, 2013, 07:43:26 AM »
If I have said anything in the past to make you uncomfortable, if I have said anything you thought improper, if I have said anything scandalous, if I have said anything blasphemous, if I have said anything that gave too much information, if I have been rude, if I have been arrogant, if I have been prideful, then I apologize. I realise this post is to some extent self-indulgent and prideful, but all I can say is that it is at least from the heart, and my motives are in the right place (I hope!)  Forgive me.
"I have been called bad before. Many have said I do things that are not, correct to do. I don't believe in such talk as this. I am nice man, with happy feelings, all of the time!"

Offline android

Re: Apologies
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 01:05:16 AM »
You drinking?  ;)

Offline Asteriktos

• Protospatharios
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:09:33 AM »
Worse. Reading two Dostoevsky novels at one time.  :D
"I have been called bad before. Many have said I do things that are not, correct to do. I don't believe in such talk as this. I am nice man, with happy feelings, all of the time!"

Offline Maria

• Boldly Proclaiming True Orthodox Christianity
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
    • Saint Euphrosynos Cafe Discussion Forum
  • Faith: TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 01:21:16 AM »
Worse. Reading two Dostoevsky novels at one time.  :D

That should be a very sobering activity.
One cannot be drunk and follow along with two Dostoevsky's novels. He has too many characters.
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Writings from the Philokalia: On Prayer of the Heart,
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Offline Asteriktos

• Protospatharios
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 01:57:59 AM »
The hardest part for me is when they switch up the names. You don't just have to keep track of 20 characters, you also have to keep track of multiple names/nicknames for many of them.  :angel:  I am much enjoying both novels this time around though, more than I have in the past.

Offline Gamliel

• Protokentarchos
  • "Truth is born as lightning strikes -- Archilochos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 01:59:57 AM »
The hardest part for me is when they switch up the names. You don't just have to keep track of 20 characters, you also have to keep track of multiple names/nicknames for many of them.  :angel:
+++
I am much enjoying both novels this time around though, more than I have in the past.
Wich 2 are you reading?

Offline Asteriktos

• Protospatharios
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 02:01:18 AM »
The Idiot, which last time I thought was too soap-opera-y, but this time I'm much enjoying; and The Brothers Karamazov, which I've tried to read several times but found too dry before, but again am enjoying it now.