OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 04:17:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mars Hill Church in Seattle re-locates to AIDS colony  (Read 350 times) Average Rating: 0
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« on: January 23, 2013, 01:54:17 AM »

I put this in FfA because I wanted Free-for-all discussion.

Quote from: The Seattle Stranger
http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2013/01/14/mars-hill-church-now-conveniently-closer-to-all-the-aids
Mars Hill Church: Now Conveniently Closer to All the AIDS

Pastors of the Mars Hill Church this morning proudly announced the opening of their new downtown parish. Located at Fifth Avenue and Marion Street, they explain, the church is conveniently located near a neighborhood where there's lots and lots of AIDS.

"Being closer to Capitol Hill is a blessing as we are serving and ministering to those who are infected with AIDS on the hill,” said the email from Tim Gaydos, lead pastor of the downtown congregation, which does not allow gay people to join as members. The announcement from the youthful-but-socially-conservative church went on to note that Crosscut recently reported on "some of the church’s community reach efforts," a report that, in fact, contains no information about the church's charity work and certainly nothing about outreach to a neighborhood apparently riddled with AIDS.

A call to Mars Hill spokesman Justin Dean was returned with the promise that he would "get a hold of Pastor Tim and I'll have a response for you ASAP."

After the manner of Ben-Hur being lowered down to see momma and sissy.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:55:16 AM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:06:39 AM »

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2013/01/14/mars-hill-church-now-conveniently-closer-to-all-the-aids

Pastors of the Mars Hill Church this morning proudly announced the opening of their new downtown parish. Located at Fifth Avenue and Marion Street, they explain, the church is conveniently located near a neighborhood where there's lots and lots of AIDS.

"Being closer to Capitol Hill is a blessing as we are serving and ministering to those who are infected with AIDS on the hill,” said the email from Tim Gaydos, lead pastor of the downtown congregation, which does not allow gay people to join as members. The announcement from the youthful-but-socially-conservative church went on to note that Crosscut recently reported on "some of the church’s community reach efforts," a report that, in fact, contains no information about the church's charity work and certainly nothing about outreach to a neighborhood apparently riddled with AIDS.

A call to Mars Hill spokesman Justin Dean was returned with the promise that he would "get a hold of Pastor Tim and I'll have a response for you ASAP."

DYING! I might not make it.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:08:02 AM »

He said Gaydos.

That's twice as gay in Spanish.

You shudda saved this for the place that shall not be named!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:08:18 AM by orthonorm » Logged

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:09:36 AM »

DYING! I might not make it.

Really, I am going to am going expire.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:10:09 AM »

I need a cigarette.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 03:16:22 AM »

Gaydos describes himself as a person with “an urban sensibility,” who cares about city people and city problems. Though he grew up in Edmonds, he went to college and seminary in Los Angeles. His wife is from L.A. She, Gaydos and their two daughters live at the Queen Anne end of Belltown

You can't make this stuff up . . .

http://crosscut.com/2013/01/09/religion/112375/mars-hill-church-downtown-pastor-tim-gaydos/

It's like a gay drinking game.

LOL! Where is my audience when I need it!

Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 03:39:30 AM »

*hides in the corner trying to block the 10 years I attended MH out of my mind*
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 03:41:54 AM »

*hides in the corner trying to block the 10 years I attended MH out of my mind*

Get out!

Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 03:46:14 AM »

*edited*
I forgot that MH has a staff dedicated to searching online for anything MH or Driscoll related, I don't want the trouble. If you have questions, pm me.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:48:36 AM by Quinault » Logged
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 03:49:27 AM »

*edited*
I forgot that MH has a staff dedicated to searching online for anything MH or Driscoll related, I don't want the trouble. If you have questions, pm me.

I must hear more. Unfortunately, I knew he was a Catholic cause a person who will remain nameless practically forced youtube clips of him into my eyes.

To the bolded point, Driscoll takes the cake for embodying the absolute insane pathological manner Christians can view anything sexual / reproductive.

Quoted text modified per special request by Quinault. Please PM me for details. (You did nothing wrong, orthonorm. Smiley)  -PtA
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:20:38 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: