Author Topic: The Mandela Effect  (Read 452 times)

Offline Charles1967

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: California
The Mandela Effect
« on: September 30, 2016, 04:09:37 AM »
O.k. so I noticed there were some deep thinkers on the forum
Maybe some with scientific astro physisist type minds .
Anybody here following the Mandela effect anomily
Supposidly caused by the nice ladies and gentlemen at CERN.

If nobody knows what im talking about. Then ill save myself the embarresment of sounding crazy explaining to you why
The evil queens famous line in cinderella. Which used to be
Mirror Mirror on the wall.... Now does not say that anymore.

If enought people know about it. I thought it would be fun to show some examples of it and what they think of it.

If nobody knows what im talking about. Ill save my reputation on the forum. And stick with the word association game instead :laugh:

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Re: The Mandela Effect
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 05:32:51 AM »
What does an internet meme have to do with CERN?
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Charles1967

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 06:48:35 AM »
What does an internet meme have to do with CERN?

O.k here it goes.......

Heres a vid from a preacher explaining some weird stuff at the CERN project

https://youtu.be/QkTYkecfzIg

Amazing how much money went into this project. So there must be something to it.

People said its causing the following stuff.

The text i copied from another source.I dont neccesarily agree with all she writes. Cause shes into metaphysical stuff.
But there are some examples of the effect .

The Mandela Effect & Alternate Universes
Read below about the mandela effect, alternative universe theory, and examples of it.

Picture
​The ‘Mandela Effect’ is a curious,  mysterious and fascinating phenomenon whose term was coined by Fiona Broome. It is the where masses of people clearly recall either a specific event in history or the  name or spelling of an item  as being a particular way, however all public historical records and other people contradict what you remember as being a fact.

It is like what all these people remember never actually happened, yet you are so sure that it did and you have clear memories of it. This leaves the people experiencing the anomalies as feeling completely perplexed, puzzled and even weirded out, like reality has changed.
Picture
What is interesting about this is that it is not just the odd person. In some cases it is thousands of people who share the same memory that contrasts current historical data or timelines.

There are literally people all over the world who are not related or connected to each other at all, that are collectively  recalling the exact same historical information – yet all written information whether in books , newspapers or online sources of information contradict this.  So it is not a sole, subjective experience – making it harder to disprove and debunk.
Picture
Why is it Called the ‘Mandela’ Effect?

The name ‘Mandela’ links to Nelson Mandela and the fact that thousands of people recall seeing the news in the 1980’s, that Nelson Mandela died in prison during that time. Some even recollect being there and seeing him buried! They distinctly remember seeing the actual memorial.
Picture
The rest of us do not have such a recollection. All the other people of the world who found out about his death will agree with what all current public information reports – that he actually passed away in December 2013.
Which Reality Do You Recall?
Test Yourself on Other Common Examples of the Mandela Effect:
Picture
Picture
​Famous People - When Did They Die, or Did They Die At All?

​Apart from the questioning of Nelson Mandela's death, the death of other famous people has also been questioned.:
​Muhammed Ali passed away on 3rd June 2016 - some people recall him dying before that already
Billy Graham - many people recall that he died around the time of Ted Kennedy's death. They watched the funeral on TV! As of July 2016 he is reportedly alive and well.
Shirley Temple died in 2014 - some recall that she died as a child
Picture
The Spelling or Word Change of Books, Movies & Products

A big one that people recall differently is the old children's book - remembered as 'The Berenstein Bears', however in this reality the books are called: 'The Berenstain Bears.' Do you recall it spelled with an 'e' or an 'a'?
Picture
The iconic TV  series / movie is named 'Sex and the City '– however many of us are sure it the name was “Sex in the City” when it first aired.
Most people will recall the title "Interview with a Vampire" - Aparently not. Now everywhere it is referenced as "Interview with the Vampire"!
Picture
Who doesn't remember the famous line from the movie Forest Gump as being: ​​"Life is like a box of chocolates." I remember reciting it that way many a time. Apparently not! Believe it or not, if you watch the movie in this reality timeline, Forrest actually says "Life was like a box of chocolates!"
​​​​We all know Star wars – according to your historic recollection, was Darth Vader's famous  line: “LUKE, I am your father” now: “No, I am your father”? Believe it or not, it is the latter!
Picture
This is a cereal I never buy for my kids, however I am pretty sure I recall it being spelt as 'Fruit Loops', not 'Froot Loops'! How about you? (and no - it hasn't had a name change!)
Picture
Colour Changes
​​
The colour chartreuse - many people including artists remember this colour to be a kind of pinky blue/red/purple shade, now it is  apparently a yellowy green colour, named after the liquer!
Geographical Shifts
NZ on the left (West) or right (East)  of Australia? NOW I am a Kiwi now living in Au. I lived in NZ for the first 25 years of my life, and I recall clearly NZ was in the LEFT of Au! (or that its shifted further Nortth??)​​
Picture
Other Reported Oddities:

​Which way do you spell this word: dilemna or dilemma? As an excellent speller plus an English Teacher, I KNOW that its spelt 'dilemna' with an 'n'!  But no, check any dictionary - apparently its spelled dilemma!
Did 9/11 really happen on that date? There are people who believe it actually happened on the 10th!
It is interesting to note that there are alternate reality excerpts of the bible which are different, and scholars and priests are even commenting about that and the link to the mandela effect online!

​                                                                                     ​Which reality are you in?
Picture
So WTF is Happening?

The predominant theory  out there about this whole phenomenon is that it is a byproduct of the fact that there are multi dimensions and parallel universes, and thus a limitless number of alternate realities. This is a theory that is also supported by modern quantum physics.

Is the fact that there are a number of people who have alternative memories actual proof of parallel / alternative realities / universes?​
Picture
The Concept of 'Alternate Realities'?

We are collectively becoming more and more aware that we all have multiple alternative realities happening at once. You can read more about that here. In fact the angels recently told in a channeling me as follows:

​"Be the Divine creature that you are in all spheres of life, the after life, all directions of 'time and space', because it is all happening instantaneously. All of your past, present and futures is happening all at once Dear Ones, and you will begin to understand this more as quantum Physics and breaks through the 'surface' of reality and throws old perspectives askew."

Even though this sounds like the stuff of science fiction, those who are into the theories or are quite conscious of the ‘reality’ around them, really feel that it is real and happening. This has certainly been the case for me.
Picture
Many people are starting to question reality and experience what current quantum physics is actually suggesting - that we  are all living in a holographic and computer simulated world of multi dimensions. The theory is that the people that remember alternative facts had tapped into an alternative universe.

​So the alternate reality where Mandela died in the 80s no longer exists, or isn’t the one that we are in right now. It is said that the more ‘dominant’ history takes over, the one that is stronger – and that eventually we forget or acclimatize - and it all becomes one though glitches in the system, although some still recall – and they are the ones questioning things.
Picture
A Merging of Dimensions

Things are rapidly changing. Reality is shifting before our eyes. Now, with the quickening of energies and energetic revolution on earth, some people might be moving in and out of or sliding between various alternative realities, and either not be conscious of it at all, or be somewhat conscious of small idiosyncrasies, glitches, oddities, or even a shift in the feel of the energy. Something feels different or out of place.

As we move into different timelines, our consciousness is moving too. And with shifting timelines, history changes also. Our reality is changing before our eyes, including the written word, right down to how we spell things. Timelines and blurring, dimensions are merging. Some say that there are two earths – the old earth and the new earth, and they are converging, coalescing into one.
Picture
A ‘Glitch’ in the System

Is there a glitch in the matrix? Whatever ‘reality’ you are in today might not be the one you are in tomorrow.

In one reality, Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 80s. In another, he passed in 2013.

Which news event did you see?​
Picture
Finding Proof of the Mandela Effect

Is there a way we can test and prove this that the mandela effect is real? Surely we can go back into old records and find anomalies?

While some people have found samples of old newspaper articles or actual products with the alternative spelling or the different name of a product to what it is now (such as an old advertisement that shows Fruit Loops spelt with UI not OO), however,
Picture
other people swear that an old item they had which they absolutely thought would show the old word, has changed to the new word. People have done this by looking at old tops, books, videos, maps etc.

This is showing that objects are potentially  morphing and changing as the realities change. You can actually believe this if you consider the findings of quantum physics that objects (matter) aren't actually solid.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 06:58:53 AM »
In future, please provide links to your sources and maybe quote only 1-2 paragraphs, to comply with terms of fair use.

That could avoid the tl;dr effect, as well. 8)

Like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confabulation
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline Charles1967

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 07:13:00 AM »
 :laugh:
Good one.... I like your sense of humor. I guess i got confabulated.

Whoops .first time I cut and pasted article.
Didnt know it was so long.
Think i will delete it. If I can find out how to do it on the forum.

Anyway these videos are mostly for entertainment to me.the scare mongering videos are better than boring tv shows. And make for good dinner talk.   

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 07:22:16 AM »
The window for editing your post has probably passed already, but if you post a link to the article, we can truncate the text itself.

Too many people seem ready to believe all sorts of things happening 'out there', but not 'in here'. The human brain and mind are fascinating, and we know so little about how they work.

Offline HaydenTE

• OC.net guru
  • Always honest, occasionally correct.
  • Faith: Ukrainian Greek Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Philly
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 10:41:19 AM »

Either you meant to type Snow White or the effect of the Mandela effect has been twofold here.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:41:51 AM by HaydenTE »
"For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" - Mark 8:36 (DRA)

O Holy God, have mercy on us! All ye holy ones in heaven, pray for us!

How playful he is, our sweet baby God!

"Better to salute icon like Boy Scout than to get lipstick on it." - Father Vasiliy

Offline Charles1967

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 05:08:20 PM »

Either you meant to type Snow White or the effect of the Mandela effect has been twofold here.
Yup....my Error Hayden. I ment Snow white. Not Cinderella.. That was funny.almost had another mandela effect.

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »
Maybe the people who think Shirley Temple died as a child just watched Tower of Terror one too many times?
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Merarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 05:23:32 PM »
Since all the examples they give are of celebrities, I'll assume the explanation is rudimentary: we just don't spend our lives keeping each celebrity and his details exactly straight -- we might pretend to care about those in the news -- but our attentions are really on better things.

As for CERN and theoretical physics as a whole -- it's a pretty juvenile set of folks, intellectually, in my opinion. They're equivalent to shamans with a rattle, only for moderns who pride themselves on a capacity for Neolatinate mumbo-jumbo. Nothing in theoretical physics deserves more serious attention than, say, William Blake or a Led Zeppelin lyric ...
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 06:14:34 PM »
I don't think they changed the dialogue in "Cinderella."
No longer Orthodox

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 07:35:31 PM »
Nothing in theoretical physics deserves more serious attention than, say, William Blake or a Led Zeppelin lyric ...

Interesting that you put those two on the same level. ::)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Merarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »
Nothing in theoretical physics deserves more serious attention than, say, William Blake or a Led Zeppelin lyric ...

Mr. Blake was a poetaster. That is, when he was not a dribbling demoniac.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 08:03:33 PM »

Mr. Blake was a poetaster. That is, when he was not a dribbling demoniac.

And a genius at all times. Can't say the same about any lyricist of the past century or so.

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• St. John from the Lindisfarne Gospels
  • High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 10:10:00 PM »
Doesn't explain every case, but there's always the possibility of psychological manipulation through the mass media....  :-X
Abbâ Anthony received a revelation in the desert, saying, “In such and such a city there is a man who resembleth thee; he is a physician, and he worketh and giveth whatsoever he earneth to the poor and needy, and each day he, with the angels, ascribeth holiness to God three times a day.”

May the Lord help me to become even a little bit like that guy.