OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 04:20:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for broken arm  (Read 1674 times) Average Rating: 0
Sabbas
Drink from your own wells
High Elder

St. Glicherie True Orthodox Church of Romania

« on: January 05, 2005, 03:22:59 AM »

I know I don't deserve much sympathy as I have been quite headstrong and angry in many of my posts but I thought I might need your prayers for what happened to me at 6:00 A.M. Jan 4 Well I got up and let my dog go outside to go to the bathroom. We don't have a fence but usually she just goes and runs right back to the door. This time she didn't and I went out to try to get her to come back. Well I then slipped on a patch of ice on our sidewalk and landed on my arm. I fractured my left humerus in the middle - the upper half of the arm- and ended up going to the hospital and was told it is so serious I may have to go into surgery in a few days. Right now it's in a splint and very painful. So painful that I can't sleep even with all the painkillers I'm on. But I'm thankful it was my left arm; I can still make the sign of the cross. Grin Also it somehow has invigorated me. My reading speed seems somehow better. Sorry if this is a bit incoherent but if you only knew what they have me on. Well please remember me in your prayers as I will remember all of you.

p.s. Part of me wishes they'd just cut my arm off. Somehow I think that would be less painful

www.hungersite.com  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚  www.freedonation.com you can donate up to 20 times at freedonation.  http://www.pomog.org/ has online 1851 Sir Lancelot C.L. Brenton English translation of Septuagint.http://www.cnrs.ubc.ca/greekbible/ Original Koine Septuagint and New Testament.
Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 03:27:26 AM »

p.s. Part of me wishes they'd just cut my arm off. Somehow I think that would be less painful

But then how would you be able to make prostrations?  Tongue

Prayers for you!

In Christ,
Aaron
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 04:07:02 AM »

prayers of course for you Sabbas! oh my that sounds painful - prayers they heal your arm in some way and soon!

hmmmm...
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 10:03:02 AM »

Lord, have mercy. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Protopsalti

Δεύτε λάβετε φώÏÃ

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 11:59:58 AM »

For travelers by land, by sea, and by air, for the sick and the suffering for captives, and for their salvation, let us pray to the Lord.
Lord, have mercy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 12:00:57 PM by Protopsalti » Logged

" If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you "
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 02:19:29 PM »

Prayers for your comfort, surgery and healing.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 03:27:44 PM »

You are in my prayers in this cross the Lord has given (or allowed to happen) to you.

If you feel depressed or uncertain from this injury, think of the high opinion the Lord must have of you to be given this burden!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 04:45:51 AM »

Prayers!

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Sabbas
Drink from your own wells
High Elder

St. Glicherie True Orthodox Church of Romania

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 07:25:13 PM »

Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

Thanks for your prayers everyone! I think they have helped physically as the doctor told me, after another X-ray this morning, that I will not need surgery after all!
I also realized that due to the angle at which I fell if I had not had turned left I would have landed on my head and most likely died or broken my neck. Let us all remember that this life flies and every free moment is a moment to warm our hearts with prayers of Love and repentance.
I want to let you all know that though I do not respond to every post here I do remember all prayer requests.
Glory be to God for all of you!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 07:25:48 PM by Sabbas » Logged

www.hungersite.com  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚  www.freedonation.com you can donate up to 20 times at freedonation.  http://www.pomog.org/ has online 1851 Sir Lancelot C.L. Brenton English translation of Septuagint.http://www.cnrs.ubc.ca/greekbible/ Original Koine Septuagint and New Testament.
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 07:33:30 PM »

Glory to God! great news Sabbas Smiley i will pray that the healing continues...

hmmmm...
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: