OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 02:44:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Privileges of the Primacy  (Read 3136 times) Average Rating: 0
brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

From BBC Louisiana to you, here's the morning news

« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2013, 08:58:46 PM »

Right, right- "Against Heresies" not "Epistle to the romans." My mistake.

BBC news certified; The Guardian rejected; OC.net approved.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2013, 09:28:24 PM »

Rather, I was trying to avoid your derailing a thread

I don't take issue with whether or not my question gets answered on this particular thread. For that matter, I don't mind if I don't get an answer at all (although, as it happens, a couple of Catholic posters have offered their thoughts on it). What I mind is this sort of thing:

Did you honestly expect that these Early Church Fathers opined about the IC, a 19th century dogma? Or are you rather just being tediously argumentative?
Can you name any theologian from any church from any period who believes the IC and rejects the sinlessness of the Theotokos? Just one is sufficient for me to accept that you are not just being argumentative.
Silly debates are good for no one spiritually. If you have an genuine interest in the question of whether it follows that a rejection of the dogma of the sinlessness of the Theotokos by certain Fathers implies their rejection of the Roman dogma of the IC, you need not sulk;

and all such treatment that occurs on this forum.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Clemente

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Europe

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2013, 02:51:02 AM »

Rather, I was trying to avoid your derailing a thread

I don't take issue with whether or not my question gets answered on this particular thread. For that matter, I don't mind if I don't get an answer at all (although, as it happens, a couple of Catholic posters have offered their thoughts on it). What I mind is this sort of thing:

Did you honestly expect that these Early Church Fathers opined about the IC, a 19th century dogma? Or are you rather just being tediously argumentative?
Can you name any theologian from any church from any period who believes the IC and rejects the sinlessness of the Theotokos? Just one is sufficient for me to accept that you are not just being argumentative.
Silly debates are good for no one spiritually. If you have an genuine interest in the question of whether it follows that a rejection of the dogma of the sinlessness of the Theotokos by certain Fathers implies their rejection of the Roman dogma of the IC, you need not sulk;

Peter J, I think staying on topic and avoiding silly debates is good intellectually and spiritually and that is all I have tried to do. Sorry you disagree.

Anyway, I obviously failed in this thread, which now bears little resemblance to the OP.

A pity.

and all such treatment that occurs on this forum.

You have over 4000 posts and yet repeatedly complain about this forum. Why?

I don't have a problem with receiving or not receiving an answer.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:01:49 AM by Clemente » Logged
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »

Peter J, I think staying on topic and avoiding silly debates is good intellectually and spiritually and that is all I have tried to do. Sorry you disagree.

Wow. You really don't know when to stop.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: