OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 05:53:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christ's Divinity in His body  (Read 337 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« on: January 08, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »

From a Syrian Orthodox website:

"The Syriac Orthodox Church believes that the death of Christ was the separation of His soul from His body, but His deity did not at any time leave either His body or His soul."

Does this mean that the Divinity of Christ was "in" His soul and "in" His body, even after His soul separated from His body?

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 03:25:05 PM »

"The Syriac Orthodox Church believes that the death of Christ was the separation of His soul from His body, but His deity did not at any time leave either His body or His soul."

Does this mean that the Divinity of Christ was "in" His soul and "in" His body, even after His soul separated from His body?

I think they were trying to say Christ's Body was still divine during his rest in the tomb. I.E, even in death, Christ remained fully God and fully man.
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 08:47:05 AM »

I believe it means that Christ's divinity never separated from his humanity (soul and body) even at his death.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: