Jesus Portrait in Ohio's Jackson Middle School

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nephi:
Quote from: Schultz on February 08, 2013, 11:20:25 AM

Quote from: Cyrillic on February 08, 2013, 11:17:07 AM

I think they should remove it. The portrait looks horrible. They should replace it with an icon of Christ or something.

That is one of the most ubiquitous, recognizable and well loved images of Jesus in the United States.  It's a bit dated, but I'd hardly call it "horrible."

True. I've seen it so many times that I've acquired an appreciation for it.

Nephi:
Quote from: Cyrillic on February 08, 2013, 11:23:22 AM

BTW: Is 'civil rights organisation' in the US a codeword for a club of militant atheists or something?

Some of the people in these organizations are actually Christians, and members of other faiths as well.

Marc1152:
Should non-Christians in the State whose taxes pay for that school be entitled to a refund?

Schultz:
Quote from: Cyrillic on February 08, 2013, 11:23:22 AM

Quote from: Schultz on February 08, 2013, 11:20:25 AM

Quote from: Cyrillic on February 08, 2013, 11:17:07 AM

I think they should remove it. The portrait looks horrible. They should replace it with an icon of Christ or something.

That is one of the most ubiquitous, recognizable and well loved images of Jesus in the United States.  It's a bit dated, but I'd hardly call it "horrible."

It looks terribly effeminate. Horrible is, I think, the proper word to use. However, to each his own.

Effeminate?  I truly believe you have no idea what you're talking about.  But, as you say, to each his own.

LizaSymonenko:

It is NOT horrible. No image of Christ is ever horrible

It's not an icon, but, it still represents Christ.

I have the very same image hanging in my house. I would swap it out for an actual icon, however, that portrait has traveled over oceans with my family when they came to the US from Brazil. They couldn't find an icon there, so this was their "icon". Countless prayer were said, requests made, and tears said before it.

Although we now have many icons in our house, this image still hangs proudly on our wall.

It's not horrible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page