OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 05:21:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate arguing with my mother  (Read 647 times) Average Rating: 0
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« on: January 09, 2013, 09:43:37 PM »

I hate arguing with my mother over the most trivial stuff. Whenever I try to defend myself, I only infuriate her even more. It's like I can never please her or make her happy for me. It's like she doesn't love me anymore because all she does is yell at me. It's like I can't make anyone happy. I'm tired of going through her like a filter in my life. I have a feeling that she justs wants to let me go but won't admit it.

Now I feel cold, bitter, and emotionless. I feel like I want to die everytime this happens. I even feel like God has taken her side and abandoned me because I am what I am.

I really do not deserve prayers, but if you insist

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 09:45:18 PM »

I'll pray for you friend. Mothers can be difficult--as all women can be--I'm sure she loves you even though she's so difficult.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 10:17:42 PM »

God bless your mother. You only get one. And God bless you, GTA Soldier. She only gets one of you, too. Smiley May God bring you both to a greater love and understanding of one another that transcends all disagreement and conflict.

theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 10:37:23 PM »

I'll pray for you friend. Mothers can be difficult--as all women can be--I'm sure she loves you even though she's so difficult.

Yes, we're almost equally as difficult as all men.  Roll Eyes

Prayers - I know how it is!  Grin

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Ashman618
High Elder

Faith: Ukranian catholic
Jurisdiction: Philadelphia

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 10:51:20 PM »

Next time she yells at you, weather your right or wrong, do a prostration at her feet and apologize; maybe the humility will penetrate deep into her heart.  angel
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 11:24:39 PM »

If your mom is difficult, in many instances, it probably means that she is doing her job right and at least cares about you. Now let's face it, most parents make mistakes (some more than others) and almost everyone leaves their childhood with emotional scars (Lord knows I have them), but overall, if we're still alive and mentally stable, not involved in gangs, drugs or crime, then I think our parents did a sufficient job.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 12:48:56 AM »

May the Lord have mercy on you both.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 01:19:15 AM »

Some of the things you say lately, James.  laugh

I can relate to what you say, my dear OP.  Mothers seem like this to teenagers all the time!  It's like they want us to die or something!  Take comfort in the fact that your mother, like all parents, is a person.  We people have changes in feelings and such all the time.  Her work may be stressful, or other aspects of her life.

Despite what they tell is, it's not necessarily part of motherly love to dote upon us kids all of the time.  Moms are allowed to have bad days, just as we do.  They shout at us and sometimes make mountains out of molehills (like my mother, when I didn't finnish the cootage cheese this morning while making my lunch.  Roll Eyes )

Love her.  She loves you to pieces, I promise.  Moms aren't like they are on TV.  You'll feel better as you get older, I promise.  Smiley

However, if you ever feel that your mother is verbally or even physically abusing you, you've got a problem.  Get help.  But learn the difference between true motherly love and abuse. Smiley

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 11:32:53 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 02:19:58 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 02:59:58 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers. I apologized to her later that night and we are on good terms.

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers. I apologized to her later that night and we are on good terms.

Wonderful! Prayers that you'll stay that way.  Smiley

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 08:44:06 PM »

Thanks be to God.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: