OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 08:20:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian for "Lord have mercy" ?  (Read 3312 times) Average Rating: 0
Alive
Warned
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2013, 07:52:20 AM »

I put Orthodoxy well above my love of nation, to the point that I have offended many Ukrainians.

Have no doubt.... sure you did "put Orthodoxy well above my love of nation".... so it just look like "orthodoxy" on "TOP" and in side it NAtionaliZm.

I did saw thousands like you in my life.... you promote PAGANISM, with bible in hand.

Therefore, your battle against Ukrainian or Romanian or whatever your true point is (which I have yet to deduce) is moot.  God will abolish what He wishes to abolish in His time....

He already did.... and you keep crucify Him AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.....

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2013, 07:53:01 AM »

2.also i have no idea why any one put "K" for ZaKhahernko, if it is ZaHarenko.

This is done when transliterating X from a Slavic language or Greek to English. The English H is softer than the X of Greek or Slavic languages, so the KH tells the reader to pronounce it more heavily than the normal English H.

Nothing to do with playing with anyone's mind.  Angry

blah-blah-blah....

then you need to write Khome , not home, KHorse not horse.

You do not understand the difference between voiceless velar fricative and voiced glottal fricative.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Alive
Warned
High Elder

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2013, 08:21:26 AM »

2.also i have no idea why any one put "K" for ZaKhahernko, if it is ZaHarenko.

This is done when transliterating X from a Slavic language or Greek to English. The English H is softer than the X of Greek or Slavic languages, so the KH tells the reader to pronounce it more heavily than the normal English H.

Nothing to do with playing with anyone's mind.  Angry

blah-blah-blah....

then you need to write Khome , not home, KHorse not horse.

You do not understand the difference between voiceless velar fricative and voiced glottal fricative.

rubbish.

As i did say , every village speak own accent.  you live among them you would adapt to it. Just as English pronunciation across globe is not same.

So it is silly to put KH for H, or H for G, BEKOZ some USA born "lisa" think it is right.

Gospod' (Lord) start from "G" not from H or KH...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:28:30 AM by Alive » Logged
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 08:29:30 AM »

I put Orthodoxy well above my love of nation, to the point that I have offended many Ukrainians.

Have no doubt.... sure you did "put Orthodoxy well above my love of nation".... so it just look like "orthodoxy" on "TOP" and in side it NAtionaliZm.

I did saw thousands like you in my life.... you promote PAGANISM, with bible in hand.

Therefore, your battle against Ukrainian or Romanian or whatever your true point is (which I have yet to deduce) is moot.  God will abolish what He wishes to abolish in His time....

He already did.... and you keep crucify Him AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.....

You seriously need to relax.

And please stop posting those ridiculous accusations. They make absolutely no sense.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 08:42:50 AM »

1. Catholic mean worldwide, universal etc. not Conciliar ... there are not democracy in Church.

in reality there are not "orthodox Church". Church is "Catholic" , and teaching and perception are "orthodox".

No, catholic comes from the Greek kata holos which means 'according to the whole'. That's not world wide, nor universal if understood in a similar manner. Universal as pertaining to faith (see the Vincentian canon) would be make sense, but that's not at all the same as worldwide. Conciliar, does not imply democracy either. The Ecumenical councils were not decided by vote.

As far i know Romania have few translation of creed used depending on region (it is not about "sobornicesc"). .... But lets back to Sobornaya - at "slavic" people take wrongly across. It used to promote autocracy of bishop etc, so basically it is promote Popism.

No, there are not a few translations of the creed. There are minor differences in phrasing just as there are in English but in every single one I have ever come across the Church is described as 'Biserica soborniceasca'. As to how on earth that could possibly be used to promote Papism, I have no idea. We don't have autocratic bishops and conciliarity speaks directly against such a monarchical ecclesiology.

i am not fluent in Romanian , but "Sobor" have  Slavic origin and on slavic have not much retailer to Universal, and most books do teach "sobotnaya" as ruled by council of bishops...
And it is wrong, incorrect as well as path to corruption.

What faith are you? Are you seriously trying to say that Church councils (Ecumenical or otherwise) are the path to corruption? Sorry but you sound like a Protestant, and a pretty low church one at that, or possibly even a Restorationist.

2.   For me ἐλέησον and ἱλάσθητί are not same.
Just same as μακάριοι is not  εὐλογημένη , but people translated it english use just blessed.... for both.... if it not make diferent for you ...well ... it is not same for me so i did point it out.

...and if i do ask God about some thing , i like to make sure i am clear about.

What are you talking about? Do you expect it to be possible to do word for word translations from one language to another? If so I'm afraid that you're out of luck. It's quite common for one language to separate nuances that another language lumps together. That doesn't make either one wrong, just different. I'm pretty sure God knows what I'm asking for regardless of how the language I'm using works. It seems as though you may have doubts about that, though.

James
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:43:27 AM by jmbejdl » Logged

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
Alive
Warned
High Elder

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »

1. Catholic mean worldwide, universal etc. not Conciliar ... there are not democracy in Church.

in reality there are not "orthodox Church". Church is "Catholic" , and teaching and perception are "orthodox".

No, catholic comes from the Greek kata holos which means 'according to the whole'. That's not world wide, nor universal if understood in a similar manner. Universal as pertaining to faith (see the Vincentian canon) would be make sense, but that's not at all the same as worldwide. Conciliar, does not imply democracy either. The Ecumenical councils were not decided by vote.

James

i guess it is dead end. look like your "catholic" and my are not same.

One , Holly, Catholic, Apostolic Church.

One - already make "whole".

There are good definition - all-embracing... sound good to me.

also i did find interesting "Russian" explanation about " Katholik (not Sobornaya):

268. Церковь называется Соборною, или, что то же, Кафолическою, или Вселенской, потому что она не
ограничивается никаким местом, ни временем, ни народом, но заключает в себе истинно верующих всех мест,
времен и народов. Апостол Павел говорит, что благовествование существует во всем мире и есть плодоносно и
растимо (возрастает.— Ред.) (Кол. 1, 5—6); и что в Церкви христианской несть еллин, ни иудей, обрезание и
необрезание, варвар и скиф, раб и свободь: но всяческая и во всех Христос (Кол. 3, 11). Сущий от веры
(верующие.— Ред.) благословятся с верным Авраамом (Гал. 3, 9).
269. Важное преимущество Кафолической Церкви в том, что ей, собственно, принадлежат высокие
обетования (обещания.— Ред.), что врата адова не одолеют ей, что Господь пребудет с ней до скончания века, что
в ней пребудет слава Вожия о Христе Иисусе во вся роды века: что, следовательно, она никогда не может ни
отпасть от веры, ни погрешить в истине веры или впасть в заблуждение. Несомненно исповедуем, как твердую
истину, что Кафолическая Церковь не может погрешать или заблуждаться, и изрекать лож,ь вместо истины: ибо
Дух Святый, всегда действующий чрез верно служащих отцев и учителей Церкви, предохраняет ее от всякого
заблуждения (Цослание Восточных Патриархов о православной вере, чл. 12).
270. Кафолическая Церковь заключает в себе всех истинно верующих в мире. Поскольку Господь Иисус
Христос, по изречению апостола Павла, есть Глава Церкви и Той есть Спаситель тела, то, чтобы иметь участие в
Его спасении, необходимо быть членом Его тела, то есть членом Кафолической Церкви (Еф. 5, 23). Апостол Петр
пишет, что Крещение спасает нас по образу Ноева ковчега. Все, спасшиеся от всемирного потопа, спаслись
единственно в Ноевом ковчеге: так все, обретающие вечное спасение, обретают его в Единой Кафолической
Церкви

Not sure who wrote it , but it sound correct.

Sobornaya - have lot of words with same root in "Russian" what about Romanian?

also ask "liza" what "Ukrainian" analog of "soborna" she use... Smiley...  my guess she use "special self made ukrainin language" to pray. 

and by the way, befor even she may answer tell you , "SOBOR" in Ukrainian have only one meaning "TEMPLE" ....

Also , i guess she (liza) say "poMYLU" (not poMILU), MYLO - is soap.

Alive
Warned
High Elder

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2013, 09:39:09 AM »

No, there are not a few translations of the creed. There are minor differences in phrasing...

Smiley. are you Jew?
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »

And orthonorm thinks watching Greeks discuss Erasmus is fun...  Roll Eyes

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Alive
Warned
High Elder

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 09:51:06 AM »

2.   For me ἐλέησον and ἱλάσθητί are not same.
Just same as μακάριοι is not  εὐλογημένη , but people translated it english use just blessed.... for both.... if it not make diferent for you ...well ... it is not same for me so i did point it out.

...and if i do ask God about some thing , i like to make sure i am clear about.

What are you talking about? Do you expect it to be possible to do word for word translations from one language to another? If so I'm afraid that you're out of luck. It's quite common for one language to separate nuances that another language lumps together. That doesn't make either one wrong, just different. I'm pretty sure God knows what I'm asking for regardless of how the language I'm using works. It seems as though you may have doubts about that, though.

James

You are noble man then, because most people do not know what they asking for.

Pray for me too.

"Lord have mercy ", sound like God just about to open your gut and drink your blood, and you begging to not do it....  it is not sound this way on koine (but its for me).

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2013, 09:51:54 AM »

Thread locked pending mods' review. I'm not sure it will be ever reopened.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: