OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 04:59:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for my brother's girlfriend...  (Read 1764 times) Average Rating: 0
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: January 01, 2005, 10:03:34 PM »

Her name is Kelli...she attempted to kill herself this afternoon, but we got to her in time and she is at the hospital...she is there alone overnight while they take care of her, but im so worried she will get scared and more depressed being there alone...please pray for her mental, physical, and spiritual healing - she is really a wonderful person, a social worker who is so good at helping others...she just needs to learn to help herself. Please, pray that she does...

hmmmm...
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Do not be afraid, Zechariah..."

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 10:26:19 PM »

Lord, have mercy. 

The New World Order (1943 to present):

Jesuit Provincial > Jesuit Order > Jesuit Superior > Mor < Roman Pontiff < Illuminati Families < Holy See < UN
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 10:55:20 PM »

Oh dear.  Sad That is very bad and a hazard to people in the helping professions. Of course I'll pray for her.  I know something of Depression.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 01:18:24 AM »

Prayers for Kelli's spiritual and mental well being.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 05:53:08 PM »

thank you all for your prayers...Kelli is doing a lot better today, we visited with her and she looks and sounds a lot better. please continue your prayers though, that the mental and emotional healing swiftly (Or however long is God's will) follows the physical.

hmmmm...
Sabbas
Drink from your own wells
High Elder

St. Glicherie True Orthodox Church of Romania

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 03:25:51 AM »

My older brother's best friend killed himself so I know how painful it can be. Thank God she is alive. I'll remember her in my prayers.

www.hungersite.com  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚  www.freedonation.com you can donate up to 20 times at freedonation.  http://www.pomog.org/ has online 1851 Sir Lancelot C.L. Brenton English translation of Septuagint.http://www.cnrs.ubc.ca/greekbible/ Original Koine Septuagint and New Testament.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 03:29:54 PM »

My prayers will join other more worthy prayers for Kelli.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 04:40:55 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: