Author Topic: Pitt Researchers Report Cancer Vaccine Success  (Read 310 times)

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
  • my finger points
Pitt Researchers Report Cancer Vaccine Success
« on: January 08, 2013, 04:18:11 AM »
Pitt Researchers Report Cancer Vaccine Success

The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute has announced initial success of a vaccine that triggers the immune response against colon cancer.

The study, involving 39 patients at the highest risk for colon cancer, helps to switch the focus of cancer-vaccine research from treatment to prevention. The Pitt trial also advances efforts to use the same vaccine against 80 percent of all cancers, including pancreatic, lung, prostate and breast cancers...

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
  • 1951-2015 Memory Eternal Uncle Roy--40 Days of Mourning.
  • Faith: Misotheistic Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America
Re: Pitt Researchers Report Cancer Vaccine Success
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 05:04:46 AM »
Another reason why I believe that medical science is on the verge of revolutionary breakthrough. I think that we'll have a definitive cure/prevention for cancer within 100-200 years.
Until I see the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come, I will not believe.

Offline stavros_388

• OC.net guru
Re: Pitt Researchers Report Cancer Vaccine Success
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »
Fingers crossed.
"This is the cross - to become dead to the whole world, to suffer sorrows, temptations and other passions of Christ; in bearing this cross with complete patience, we imitate Christ's passion and thus glorify our God the Father as His sons in grace and co-heirs of Christ." --St. Symeon the New Theologian