OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 08:21:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Time Travel  (Read 4698 times) Average Rating: 0
pmpn8rGPT
Grammar Nazi in three languages.
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox (old calendarist)

Proof that Russia won the Space Race.

« on: January 07, 2013, 09:12:53 PM »

I was reading a Wikipedia article on a list of heresies and I found something which caught my eye

Henricians

According to Peter of Cluny, Henry's teaching is summed up as follows:
Rejection of the doctrinal and disciplinary authority of the church;
Recognition of the Gospel freely interpreted as the sole rule of faith;
Refusal to recognize any form of worship or liturgy; and
Condemnation of
the baptism of infants,
the Eucharist,
the sacrifice of the mass,
the communion of saints, and
prayers for the dead;

(Original article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_heresies)

Other articles are:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_of_Lausanne
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_of_Bruys

See guise, clearly dis-contempt or otherwise schismatic Southern Baptists are going to get into a time machine and attempt to start the reformation 500 years earlier  Tongue

But in all seriousness I just thought this was worth sharing (no I do not believe in time travel)

"Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
-Nostradamus's last words.
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »

Time travel is a proven fact , Einstein predicted it and it has been proven that fast moving objects pass time slower than slow moving objects, so time travel , at least in one direction(forward) is very real .Very fast planes fitted with Atomic clocks have proven that the clock on the plane went ahead of the clock on the ground.

Also I have heard that GPS tech would be impossible without the effects of time predicted by Einstein, thus we use his theory of this everyday now .

Wiki-Time travelhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel#Via_faster-than-light_.28FTL.29_travel

Time travel to the future in physics

Time dilation

Transversal time dilation
Main article: Time dilation
Time dilation is permitted by Albert Einstein's special and general theories of relativity. These theories state that, relative to a given observer, time passes more slowly for bodies moving quickly relative to that observer, or bodies that are deeper within a gravity well.[57] For example, a clock which is moving relative to the observer will be measured to run slow in that observer's rest frame; as a clock approaches the speed of light it will almost slow to a stop, although it can never quite reach light speed so it will never completely stop. For two clocks moving inertially (not accelerating) relative to one another, this effect is reciprocal, with each clock measuring the other to be ticking slower. However, the symmetry is broken if one clock accelerates, as in the twin paradox where one twin stays on Earth while the other travels into space, turns around (which involves acceleration), and returns—in this case both agree the traveling twin has aged less. General relativity states that time dilation effects also occur if one clock is deeper in a gravity well than the other, with the clock deeper in the well ticking more slowly; this effect must be taken into account when calibrating the clocks on the satellites of the Global Positioning System, and it could lead to significant differences in rates of aging for observers at different distances from a black hole.
It has been calculated that, under general relativity, a person could travel forward in time at a rate four times that of distant observers by residing inside a spherical shell with a diameter of 5 meters and the mass of Jupiter.[24] For such a person, every one second of their "personal" time would correspond to four seconds for distant observers. Of course, squeezing the mass of a large planet into such a structure is not expected to be within our technological capabilities in the near future.
There is a great deal of experimental evidence supporting the validity of equations for velocity-based time dilation in special relativity[58] and gravitational time dilation in general relativity.[59][60][61] However, with current technologies it is only possible to cause a human traveller to age less than companions on Earth by a very small fraction of a second, the current record being about 20 milliseconds for the cosmonaut Sergei Avdeyev.

Twin paradox diagram
There are various ways in which a person could "travel into the future" in a limited sense: the person could set things up so that in a small amount of his own subjective time, a large amount of subjective time has passed for other people on Earth. For example, an observer might take a trip away from the Earth and back at relativistic velocities, with the trip only lasting a few years according to the observer's own clocks, and return to find that thousands of years had passed on Earth. It should be noted, though, that according to relativity there is no objective answer to the question of how much time "really" passed during the trip; it would be equally valid to say that the trip had lasted only a few years or that the trip had lasted thousands of years, depending on the choice of reference frame.
This form of "travel into the future" is theoretically allowed (and has been demonstrated at very small time scales)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:16:10 PM by Sinful Hypocrite » Logged

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
pmpn8rGPT
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 10:35:51 PM »

Time travel is a proven fact , Einstein predicted it and it has been proven that fast moving objects pass time slower than slow moving objects, so time travel , at least in one direction(forward) is very real .Very fast planes fitted with Atomic clocks have proven that the clock on the plane went ahead of the clock on the ground.

Also I have heard that GPS tech would be impossible without the effects of time predicted by Einstein, thus we use his theory of this everyday now .

Wiki-Time travelhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel#Via_faster-than-light_.28FTL.29_travel

Time travel to the future in physics

Time dilation

Transversal time dilation
Main article: Time dilation
Time dilation is permitted by Albert Einstein's special and general theories of relativity. These theories state that, relative to a given observer, time passes more slowly for bodies moving quickly relative to that observer, or bodies that are deeper within a gravity well.[57] For example, a clock which is moving relative to the observer will be measured to run slow in that observer's rest frame; as a clock approaches the speed of light it will almost slow to a stop, although it can never quite reach light speed so it will never completely stop. For two clocks moving inertially (not accelerating) relative to one another, this effect is reciprocal, with each clock measuring the other to be ticking slower. However, the symmetry is broken if one clock accelerates, as in the twin paradox where one twin stays on Earth while the other travels into space, turns around (which involves acceleration), and returns—in this case both agree the traveling twin has aged less. General relativity states that time dilation effects also occur if one clock is deeper in a gravity well than the other, with the clock deeper in the well ticking more slowly; this effect must be taken into account when calibrating the clocks on the satellites of the Global Positioning System, and it could lead to significant differences in rates of aging for observers at different distances from a black hole.
It has been calculated that, under general relativity, a person could travel forward in time at a rate four times that of distant observers by residing inside a spherical shell with a diameter of 5 meters and the mass of Jupiter.[24] For such a person, every one second of their "personal" time would correspond to four seconds for distant observers. Of course, squeezing the mass of a large planet into such a structure is not expected to be within our technological capabilities in the near future.
There is a great deal of experimental evidence supporting the validity of equations for velocity-based time dilation in special relativity[58] and gravitational time dilation in general relativity.[59][60][61] However, with current technologies it is only possible to cause a human traveller to age less than companions on Earth by a very small fraction of a second, the current record being about 20 milliseconds for the cosmonaut Sergei Avdeyev.

Twin paradox diagram
There are various ways in which a person could "travel into the future" in a limited sense: the person could set things up so that in a small amount of his own subjective time, a large amount of subjective time has passed for other people on Earth. For example, an observer might take a trip away from the Earth and back at relativistic velocities, with the trip only lasting a few years according to the observer's own clocks, and return to find that thousands of years had passed on Earth. It should be noted, though, that according to relativity there is no objective answer to the question of how much time "really" passed during the trip; it would be equally valid to say that the trip had lasted only a few years or that the trip had lasted thousands of years, depending on the choice of reference frame.
This form of "travel into the future" is theoretically allowed (and has been demonstrated at very small time scales)
But we can't go backwards, unless they went (or will go?) so far forwards that the universe will start over and then they tried starting the reformation in a parallel universe that at the time will not exist.  Or maybe it was the guys in question who did the time traveling in order to convince Martin Luther to start the reformation, and thus, we have been time traveling for hundreds of years...

Ashman618
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 10:42:32 PM »

Maybe tomorrow I'll be where I was the day before tomorrow was today
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 11:07:42 PM »

Nicholas Cage

John Travolta

Silly Stars
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 11:12:50 PM »

^^ Bravo!

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 11:36:53 PM »

Also Aurora and Sandy Hook were in the last Batman Movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p41_5KLhApg 

Also the Matrix, Neo's passport expired 9-11-2001

Creepy.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 12:00:36 AM »

Nicholas Cage

John Travolta
And of course, Keanu Reeves is immortal.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
pmpn8rGPT
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 12:14:17 AM »

@0:16
You did what THEY told you to do  Shocked

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 12:35:22 AM »

Just sharing, I don't give props to all he says.  Check out the DVD for yourself.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 12:44:34 AM »

Reminds me of the old preachers who would play a record backwards, and all that would play would be strange noises, but the preacher would yell "See! He just said 'Satan'!"  And the flock would nod their heads.

Large Marge sent me...
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 12:57:44 AM »

Reminds me of the old preachers who would play a record backwards, and all that would play would be strange noises, but the preacher would yell "See! He just said 'Satan'!"  And the flock would nod their heads.

LOL... Seriously though there is high res photos on google of it.  Plus apparently you can zoom in on blu-ray and see it clear.

Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 07:24:44 PM »

There is also a story of a audiophile who always had the best audio tech money could buy, so one day when his needle broke on his turntable,he ran out and bought the most expensive diamond stylus and called his friend to install it for him, so while his friend was installing the new state of the art stylus, he went to make some drinks in the kitchen. He was surprised when he heard his favorite album playing, thinking it should have taken longer, but then he was overcome with the most glorious sound he had ever heard in his house, he ran in the living room and was dumbstruck at the nuances and detail that were always there but he never heard  before.

He said to his friend that he never heard such fabulous sound and said he knew that the 2,000 dollar purchase was going to make an improvement but he never imagined such  a difference, right then his friend who was fixing it turned off the music and said , this is your same old stylus , it just got disconnected, there is nothing wrong with it.

I have worked 20 years in sound tech and have seen the same scene in concert halls with world famous musicians ,who will ask foir this or that adjustment by the mixer out in the audience during sound checks and before you can change anything tey say ,ah yess thats much better, but you did not have a chance yet to change anything, so it is all in their mind.

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 08:13:49 PM »

Also Aurora and Sandy Hook were in the last Batman Movie
Creepy.
I think it's not a coincidence. I think there's more to those events than in the typical story, eg. you can find witnesses' mentions of accomplices.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:15:49 PM by rakovsky » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: