OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 05:21:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theological Breakthrough #2: Why God(Yahweh) lets us eat animals  (Read 1715 times) Average Rating: 0
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 02:16:47 PM »

It's very simple.

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he would have not made them taste so good.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Eastern Mind
Hi! I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Hopeful
Jurisdiction: Greece

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 02:19:29 PM »

It's very simple.

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he would have not made them taste so good.

Wisdom!

"ALL THE GODS OF THE HINDUS ARE DEMONS HAHAHAHAHA!!"
katherineofdixie
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2013, 02:52:36 PM »

It's very simple.

Amen!

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »

One thing I do agree with is humans should not make animals suffer needlessly. I try to avoid "factory farmed" products for that reason - also, people who mistreat animals are more likely to mistreat people.

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »

Because squash is not very tasty.
Fool of a Took!

Not quite sure why I took that tack, I just disagree strongly. In about six weeks I'll be planting enough squash to last me through the summer if I am lucky.

But I have an on-again/off-again relationship with vegetarianism, so I may have invested more time in finding ways to make things tasty. Fresh squash sauteed in olive oil with zucchini and a little salt can turn a bad day around at lunch.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:54:18 PM by Agabus » Logged

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL ORTHODOX CHURCH
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2013, 05:12:36 PM »

Fool of a Took!

Not quite sure why I took that tack, I just disagree strongly. In about six weeks I'll be planting enough squash to last me through the summer if I am lucky.

But I have an on-again/off-again relationship with vegetarianism, so I may have invested more time in finding ways to make things tasty. Fresh squash sauteed in olive oil with zucchini and a little salt can turn a bad day around at lunch.

You can literally use spaghetti squash as spaghetti.

Fantastic.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »

Fool of a Took!

Fantastic.

Unfortunately, though, you can't play squash with spaghetti.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
Eastern Mind
High Elder

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »

Fool of a Took!

Fantastic.

I love spaghetti squash. Smiley

Agabus
Archon

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2013, 06:09:55 PM »

Fool of a Took!

Fantastic.
It is fantastic. Much better than the gluesticks that get passed off as pasta these days.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:10:09 PM by Agabus » Logged

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2013, 06:15:32 PM »

Fool of a Took!

Fantastic.
It is fantastic. Much better than the gluesticks that get passed off as pasta these days.

Ah maybe ya needa worka onya English. Paste is no for the cooking!

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 02:16:48 AM »

Fool of a Took!

You can eat my share. 
Agabus
Archon

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »

Fool of a Took!

You can eat my share. 
I'll hold you to it.

SavedByChrist94

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Born-Again

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, 10:44:38 PM »

I am subtracting points from this thread because the subtitle was not: "The Electric Boogaloo" nor a reference thereof ("The Carnivorous Boogaloo" would have been acceptable). The fact that the OP is only 18 is not an excuse, just a sad fact as to the further deterioration of the American educational system and its neglect for the classics.

you say I'm a deterioration of The American Educational system, however you fail to prove it. you need proof to make a claim valid, and I'm just the 18 from the failed American educational system, who knew?!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:46:26 PM by SavedByChrist94 » Logged
LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 10:46:28 PM »

I am subtracting points from this thread because the subtitle was not: "The Electric Boogaloo" nor a reference thereof ("The Carnivorous Boogaloo" would have been acceptable). The fact that the OP is only 18 is not an excuse, just a sad fact as to the further deterioration of the American educational system and its neglect for the classics.

you say I'm a deterioration of The American Educational system, however you fail to prove it. now not providing proof and treating your insults as facts is a deterioration of The American Educational system, and I'm only 18, who knew?!

Humble, aren't we?  Roll Eyes
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 11:19:28 PM »

you say I'm a deterioration of The American Educational system, however you fail to prove it. you need proof to make a claim valid, and I'm just the 18 from the failed American educational system, who knew?!

Quote from: SavedByChrist94
You say that I am a deterioration of The American Educational system, however you fail to provide any proof. You need to provide proof to make a claim valid validate your claim, and I'm just this comes from the 18 year old from the failed American educational system. Who knew?!

I'm going to need this.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2013, 04:14:38 AM »

You say that I am a deterioration of The American Educational system, however you fail to provide any proof. You need to provide proof to make a claim valid validate your claim, and I'm just this comes from the 18 year old from the failed American educational system. Who knew?!

Looks like proof enough to me that SBC shows us just how much the American education system has failed us.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2013, 04:50:19 AM »

You say that I am a that I am evidence for the deterioration of The American educational system, however yet you fail to provide any proof evidence. You need to provide proof evidence to make a claim valid validate your claim and I'm just this comes from that this is these posts are coming from the an 18 year old from who was produced by the a failed American educational system.

And it's still muddled and overlong. Someone else want to wade through that pile of code to fix it?  Grin
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:57:17 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »

You say that I am a that I am evidence for the deterioration of The American educational system, however yet you fail to provide any proof evidence. You need to provide proof evidence to make a claim valid validate your claim and I'm just this comes from that this is these posts are coming from the an 18 year old from who was produced by the a failed American educational system.

And it's still muddled and overlong. Someone else want to wade through that pile of code to fix it?  Grin

LOL. I didn't want to completely rewrite for effective delivery, just correct for failed grammer.

I'm going to need this.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2013, 12:16:31 PM »

"You're wrong! I'm right!" There, fixed it for you.

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »

Have you ever heard of "quit while you are ahead"?

You might also consider the immortal words of Kenny Rogers: "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away and know when to run."

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Eastern Mind
High Elder

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 02:04:19 PM »

Again, you could debate an unbeliever all day long, until the cows come home; and at the end of the day, it profits nothing. Not that debating is wrong; but you kind of came here in full launch attack mode, and then got so upset when people told you to knock it off.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: