OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 03:23:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumb question  (Read 438 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: January 06, 2013, 09:16:47 AM »

If the Liturgy is directly preceded by vigil with artoklasia is one is allowed to eat blessed bread if he wills to take Eucharist? Gap between eating and Eucharist no longer than 2 hours.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
LBK
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:19:24 AM »

I would say "no". Receive communion first, then eat the antidoron, then the bread blessed at the artoklasia.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 05:02:36 PM »

I would say "no". Receive communion first, then eat the antidoron, then the bread blessed at the artoklasia.

+1

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 10:48:17 AM »

+1

+2

In some old times there was much longer gap between the blessing of the bread during litiya and the Communion, so then it was not problem, but now it's obvious you should keep the Eucharistic fast. Nowadays maybe on Athos and some other Greek places (and Russian old believers) do not omit anything during All-night Vigil + Liturgy, so eating by them the blessed brad is truly to keep strength for the rest of the service and by eating it they don't break Eucharistic fast.

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 12:47:03 PM »

+1

+2

In some old times there was much longer gap between the blessing of the bread during litiya and the Communion, so then it was not problem, but now it's obvious you should keep the Eucharistic fast. Nowadays maybe on Athos and some other Greek places (and Russian old believers) do not omit anything during All-night Vigil + Liturgy, so eating by them the blessed brad is truly to keep strength for the rest of the service and by eating it they don't break Eucharistic fast.

Great insight Dominika.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: