OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 12:23:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer Teacher at Armenian School Murdered in Istanbul  (Read 300 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« on: January 14, 2013, 02:34:49 AM »

On the morning January 11, İlker Şahin (40), a computer-subject teacher at one ofIstanbul’s Armenian elementary schools, was found dead in his apartment with his throat cut.

This is the fourth incident within the past month in which Armenians have been attacked.

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2013/01/computer-teacher-at-armenian-school-murdered-in-istanbul/

psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:47:38 AM »

This is sad that is why my parents left Constantinople.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:23:05 AM »

Memory eternal!

Are these kind of incidents investigated properly in Turkey?

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 12:25:50 PM »

Lord have mercy! May the Memory of the Servant of God Ilker Sahin be Eternal, may the Lord grant his soul rest in His Peace and the Company of the Saints! Amen!

May the Lord God, Father Son and the Holy Spirit shelter and defend our Armenian brethren, who trust in His Almighty Name. Most Compassionate Mother of the Martyrs Ever Virgin Mother of God, hasten to aid our brethren who are being hunted by the hosts of mastema, comfort and strengthen them at the hour of their need. Amen.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags: persecution Turkish Republic 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: