OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 04:05:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: are you gay?  (Read 9399 times) Average Rating: 0
augustin717
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2013, 06:30:51 PM »

I'm not homosexual but from the looks of it, I might be a pedo if I'm attracted to a 14-15 year old girl and I'm close to 17.
Hey, you have a penchant for self-aggrandizing narratives Wink
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2013, 06:33:06 PM »

I'm not homosexual but from the looks of it, I might be a pedo if I'm attracted to a 14-15 year old girl and I'm close to 17.

That's a really kind way of putting it.

Who knew you could be nice?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
augustin717
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2013, 06:35:17 PM »

That's a really kind way of putting it.

Who knew you could be nice?
It's because I kinda like James.
James2
Mr.
High Elder

Faith: skeptic

« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2013, 06:50:15 PM »

"No, but we are willing to learn."
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »

Suffice to say there are many points of view regarding homosexuality within the Church, and the most important thing is leave personal matters between the individual, their spiritual father and God and it is not for anyone else to judge or assume.

Just like there are many points of view regarding whether it's okay to worship Perun in the Church.

LOL. You'll probably find them all here.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2013, 07:17:31 PM »

Suffice to say there are many points of view regarding homosexuality within the Church, and the most important thing is leave personal matters between the individual, their spiritual father and God and it is not for anyone else to judge or assume.

Just like there are many points of view regarding whether it's okay to worship Perun in the Church.
Isn't Perun, Elijah?

No. Perun is a pagan god, Elijah is an OT prophet. They have a common association with fire - so what?

+1

And Elijah kills his own false prophets. Perun is too busy on the toilet.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2013, 07:48:55 PM »

How could the priest not know whether he's a man or a woman? It just strikes me as weird.
The gender of some people is quite hard to determine.

Huh

More and more people no longer know how to present themself as a man or woman in the way they were born.  This is most common among younger people who have fallen victim to the gender confusion hoopla, so yes...if they are confused it causes confusion for others. 
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »

How could the priest not know whether he's a man or a woman? It just strikes me as weird.

Huh

More and more people no longer know how to present themself as a man or woman in the way they were born.  This is most common among younger people who have fallen victim to the gender confusion hoopla, so yes...if they are confused it causes confusion for others. 

What on earth are you rambling about?

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2013, 08:15:30 PM »

I think the gist is that kids these days suck and things aren't like the good old days and that's why there are transgender people. My Kerdy-translation skills are a  tad rusty though.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2013, 08:16:53 PM »

I think the gist is that kids these days suck and things aren't like the good old days and that's why there are transgender people. My Kerdy-translation skills are a  tad rusty though.

If only Google Translator had a "Disgruntled Old Man to Standard English" setting
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:21:09 PM by JamesRottnek » Logged

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2013, 08:22:56 PM »

I think the gist is that kids these days suck and things aren't like the good old days and that's why there are transgender people. My Kerdy-translation skills are a  tad rusty though.

If only Google Translator had a "Disgruntled Old Man to Standard English" setting

Trust me, it has nothing to do with age.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »

How every woman should look:

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »

Unless Uncle Sam says to go butch:

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2013, 11:35:53 PM »

I think the gist is that kids these days suck and things aren't like the good old days and that's why there are transgender people. My Kerdy-translation skills are a  tad rusty though.
Extremely rusty.  And being condescending with people who do not share your opinion only makes it worse. 
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2013, 11:36:33 PM »

Huh

What on earth are you rambling about?
I'm not rambling.  What are you rambling about?
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2013, 11:48:29 PM »

You know there are places where they have even more genders than gender studies departments? Like four and five?

Well, gender is how we understand the socio-linguistic patterns observed.

Really, I think transgender has to be the worst thing next to transexual. In places, where they are not relegated to two genders, you don't find people lopping off parts of their bodies and taking drugs to fit into social constructs.

Imagine that. You have a penis, but seem to behave more like most women we know. OK. NBD. Scratch that penisectomy and come on over for the Superbowl party or for the Academy Awards red carpet gala, however you like to roll. See you then!

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2013, 03:12:28 PM »

We never should've even got them those fancy modern ovens!!!11 She might have more spare time to actually think for herself and question why she's living like this!11. Let's get rid of it and return to one of those big old fashioned black ovens, that way she'll have to chop firewood and won't have as much spare time to think!!!!!

/misogynist old redneck man

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2013, 03:20:34 PM »

After having relationship of several years I'm convinced that misogynist old redneck men are right in everything they say about women.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »

After having relationship of several years I'm convinced that misogynist old redneck men are right in everything they say about women.

That's always how it is, but then the liberals try to hide it and revise reality to fit into their false idealized view of the world.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2013, 05:27:44 PM »

How every man should look:

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2013, 05:35:38 PM »

I told them to stop using my picture without my permission!

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
AustralianDiaspora

« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »

That's always how it is, but then the liberals try to hide it and revise reality to fit into their false idealized view of the world.

I really hope this is a joke

I can no longer cope with the misogynism, bigotry, homophobia and racism here and I have given up this forum. Lord have mercy.
brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

From BBC Louisiana to you, here's the morning news

« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2013, 05:49:50 PM »

So do I.

BBC news certified; The Guardian rejected; OC.net approved.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2013, 06:04:19 PM »

That'd be a fair trade. I'd be willing to look like that for a woman if she'd be willing to cook for me everyday in return while wearing heels.

William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2013, 06:32:25 PM »

I really want to know what work outs that guy does.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2013, 06:51:09 PM »

You know there are places where they have even more genders than gender studies departments? Like four and five?

Really, I think transgender has to be the worst thing next to transexual. In places, where they are not relegated to two genders, you don't find people lopping off parts of their bodies and taking drugs to fit into social constructs.

Imagine that. You have a penis, but seem to behave more like most women we know. OK. NBD. Scratch that penisectomy and come on over for the Superbowl party or for the Academy Awards red carpet gala, however you like to roll. See you then!
Could you give me an example of such a society? I feel like I'd get your critique better with some concrete example of a better model of gender.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2013, 06:53:46 PM »

Could you give me an example of such a society? I feel like I'd get your critique better with some concrete example of a better model of gender.

Not sure that it is better, just saying that our either / or and lopping off body parts is insane IMHO.

Example?

Could be true or not, I dunno, let me know if this is nonsense:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_in_Bugis_society

(Look at the rather "basic" reference material.)

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2013, 07:55:09 PM »

That'd be a fair trade. I'd be willing to look like that for a woman if she'd be willing to cook for me everyday in return while wearing heels.

That's the spirit. On one side, wasp waist, hobble skirt and heels, and three hot meals a day. On the other side, washboard abs, kilt worn correctly, and three rounds of conjugal duties a night. Result: everyone's happy! Grin

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »

That's the spirit. On one side, wasp waist, hobble skirt and heels, and three hot meals a day. On the other side, washboard abs, kilt worn correctly, and three rounds of conjugal duties a night. Result: everyone's happy! Grin

Thank you for removing any chance for me to lust for the next month.

That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2013, 10:08:23 PM »

Thanks orthonorm.
Extremely rusty.  And being condescending with people who do not share your opinion only makes it worse. 
Could you provide translation then? Or at least expound upon your point a bit without playing I know you are but what am I?

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »

I'm tempted to post a picture of Emmanuelle Chriqui, but I suppose a link will be sufficient to correct your mistake.  police

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »

I'm tempted to post a picture of Emmanuelle Chriqui, but I suppose a link will be sufficient to correct your mistake.  police

The point was the juxtaposition, you people, between the posts!

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2013, 05:36:50 AM »

I told them to stop using my picture without my permission!

So, you are the one who took my kilt!
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2013, 05:37:34 AM »

I really want to know what work outs that guy does.

He picks things up and puts them down.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2013, 05:39:47 AM »

Thanks orthonorm.
Could you provide translation then? Or at least expound upon your point a bit without playing I know you are but what am I?
What I said was clear enough and there is no playing to be had but by those who attack differing opinions. 
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2013, 05:44:50 AM »

The point was the juxtaposition, you people, between the posts!

The excuse I need to be reminded of (and link to) a pretty lady are fairly flimsy. Another one!

augustin717
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »

from my FB news feed today: good article on the role the capitalist relations of production played on the creation of the nuclear family plus the associated ideas of "normal" heterosex; what's funny now is that the the present phase of globalist, dynamic capitalism is destroying much of what it helped cement more than a century ago. In the largely post-industrial West, I mean.
This also might undermine-although I'm not all that well read into the subject- some of the more popular LGBT apologetic points, showing how relative and history-bound all these identities are. Ideally, one day, there will be no need for these labels. but of course at the present stage of the struggle, one should be for gay rights and all that.
http://www.socialistworker.co.uk/art.php?id=30561
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:23:36 PM by augustin717 » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2013, 03:10:07 PM »

Good article on the role the capitalist relations of production played on the creation of the nuclear family plus the associated ideas of "normal" heterosex; what's funny now is that the the present phase of globalist, dynamic capitalism is destroying much of what it helped cement more than a century ago. In the largely post-industrial West, I mean.
Of course, you have to turn everything into another of your rants against "Big, Bad Capitalism". Roll Eyes
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #263 on: March 03, 2013, 09:49:33 AM »

"They have to know that they are a minority and must adjust to smaller things. And not rise to the greatest heights, the greatest hours, the greatest provocations, spoiling things for the others and taking (what they want) from the majority. I don't agree to this and I will never agree to it. A minority should not impose itself on the majority."

Lech Wałęsa
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:52:52 AM by Romaios » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #264 on: March 03, 2013, 10:10:31 AM »

Good article on the role the capitalist relations of production played on the creation of the nuclear family plus the associated ideas of "normal" heterosex; what's funny now is that the the present phase of globalist, dynamic capitalism is destroying much of what it helped cement more than a century ago. In the largely post-industrial West, I mean.
Of course, you have to turn everything into another of your rants against "Big, Bad Capitalism". Roll Eyes
To be fair, that is the nature of Marxism.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« Reply #265 on: March 03, 2013, 10:43:50 AM »

"They have to know that they are a minority and must adjust to smaller things. And not rise to the greatest heights, the greatest hours, the greatest provocations, spoiling things for the others and taking (what they want) from the majority. I don't agree to this and I will never agree to it. A minority should not impose itself on the majority."

Lech Wałęsa

Sounds like a reasonable defense... for bigotry, discrimination, and prejudice!

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #266 on: March 03, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »

He speaks for a lot of people in Central and Eastern Europe, not to mention Russia, who would consider that to be the voice of reason itself.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #267 on: March 03, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »

Lech Wałęsa

How exactly are gay people 'spoiling things for everybody'?

What have they spoiled for you? Why can't you recover from that, if it happened?

I'm not gay. I just can't think of one thing that gay people have ruined for me in my life. That's all.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #268 on: March 03, 2013, 04:07:13 PM »

Lech Wałęsa

How exactly are gay people 'spoiling things for everybody'?

What have they spoiled for you? Why can't you recover from that, if it happened?

I'm not gay. I just can't think of one thing that gay people have ruined for me in my life. That's all.

Perhaps you should address those questions to Mr. Wałęsa himself, since the words belong to him.

The most recent "incident" in Romania happened a couple of weeks ago at the "Museum of the Romanian Peasant" in Bucharest which, of all places, the LGBT community picked to have a screening of an "educative" (i.e. promotional) film about themselves and celebrate "the gay history month" (last February): to show "the bigoted majority" how gay culture and the ethos of the Romanian peasantry can sweetly agree.

No one got hurt, but the screening was canceled because of the people who went there to protest against it. All this to the outrage of ... the American Embassy in Bucharest!         
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:30:48 PM by Romaios » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #269 on: March 03, 2013, 04:09:42 PM »

Lech Wałęsa

Because it the moral majority isn't willing to twist to the dictates of a deviant minority hell bent on defining down deviancy?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: