Author Topic: School Woes  (Read 347 times)

Offline Shlomlokh

• 主哀れめよ!
  • OC.net guru
School Woes
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »
While I do not post here very often, I am at my wit's end about my educational situation and could use some support. I am in my final semester of undergrad, but the school has thrown some requirements at me last fall (as a consequence of my transferring there) as a result of their changing the curriculum. Because I am working almost 30 hours a week (on Mon./Wed./Fri.), I was unable to take these courses earlier anyways. I have been working 2 years to put myself through school, but I am becoming increasingly anxious because my school schedule and work schedule will probably conflict. I am already struggling to pay for school at the moment as well. I just want to finish school and move on with my life (I already took an extra year any way out of necessity).

I would really appreciate your prayers. :)

In Christ,
Andrew
"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
Re: School Woes
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:28:29 PM »
Lord have mercy!
We all have an El Guapo to face. Be brave, and fight like lions!

Form a 'brute squad' then!

Offline Maximum Bob

• Archon
  • Personal Text? We can have personal text?
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:38:35 AM »
Lord have mercy on Shlomlokh.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.

Offline richi000

• Lord have mercy on us
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 07:45:16 AM »
Lord have mercy!
Remember, never to fear the power of evil more than your trust in the power and love of God.

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Merarches
  • Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 08:04:03 AM »
Lord, have mercy!
"Who wants to be consistent? The dullard and the doctrinaire, the tedious people who carry out their principles to the bitter end of action, to the reductio ad absurdum of practice. Not I."
-Oscar Wilde, The Decay of Lying

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
  • Job 19:25-27
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 11:35:38 AM »
Lord have mercy!
To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.

Offline marigold

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 09:10:36 PM »
Lord, have mercy on Andrew.