OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 11:54:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the EOC accept the RCC's Transubstantiation as a valid Sacrament?  (Read 1956 times) Average Rating: 0
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 09:35:24 PM »

Quote from: Shanghaiski

The MSG of papal submission. Tastes good for awhile, then leads to headaches and eventually a long painful death.

Once again, the love and respect and forgiveness just overflows on this board.  Tongue

Biro, I can't keep up if you're RC or EO. Not that it matters, but which is it?!

Why do you care?

Just curious...  Undecided Cry

If it helps, after what I've been through in the last three years, I don't know either.  Lips Sealed
If you ever feel like discussing what has been going on with you over the last three years, I would be interested in listening. As someone who is Catholic but kind of goes back and forth mentally (and perhaps spiritually) between the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church, I would love to hear someone else's story. If you don't want to discuss it publicly you can shoot me a PM sometime.

I'll second that (though I'm not going to publicly re-hash my story--not here, anyway)!  And, if I could buy you a beer, to boot, I would  Wink.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2013, 09:46:38 PM »

The MSG of papal submission. Tastes good for awhile, then leads to headaches and eventually a long painful death.

Once again, the love and respect and forgiveness just overflows on this board.  Tongue

Biro, I can't keep up if you're RC or EO. Not that it matters, but which is it?!

Why do you care?

If it helps, after what I've been through in the last three years, I don't know either.  Lips Sealed
If you ever feel like discussing what has been going on with you over the last three years, I would be interested in listening. As someone who is Catholic but kind of goes back and forth mentally (and perhaps spiritually) between the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church, I would love to hear someone else's story. If you don't want to discuss it publicly you can shoot me a PM sometime.

I'll second that (though I'm not going to publicly re-hash my story--not here, anyway)!  And, if I could buy you a beer, to boot, I would  Wink.

I'm going to need this.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2013, 09:55:45 PM »

Indeed:

So you hold to some decidedly Protestant beliefs but consider yourself Catholic and go to a Catholic parish but like some of the Orthodox understandings of things.  angel

Which makes him... (drumroll)... an Episcopalian?  Huh

Pot. Kettle.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2013, 11:15:20 PM »

I'll forgive you for that. But I'd love you more if you'd added some more wit. Smiley

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2013, 02:32:50 PM »

Why do you care?

I *know* that I'm not.  Are you saying that you *are*?  Or are you making some kind of other esoteric point that someone old enough to be your grandfather doesn't understand?

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2013, 03:54:35 PM »

Why do you care?

I *know* that I'm not.  Are you saying that you *are*?  Or are you making some kind of other esoteric point that someone old enough to be your grandfather doesn't understand?

Cross-thread points

I'm going to need this.
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2013, 04:05:47 PM »

Why do you care?

Cross-thread points

And I was supposed to understand that?  From a thread I've never even seen let alone participated in?  Oy vey... Roll Eyes

FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2013, 05:01:03 PM »

Why do you care?

Cross-thread points

And I was supposed to understand that?  From a thread I've never even seen let alone participated in?  Oy vey... Roll Eyes

OCnet Rule 537: It is incumbent upon every poster to understand everything from every thread, ever.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »

Why do you care?

Cross-thread points

OCnet Rule 537: It is incumbent upon every poster to understand everything from every thread, ever.

Uh ohh.... Shocked!  Boy, am I in trouble... Sad Cool Sad!

Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2013, 02:19:19 PM »

Why do you care?

Cross-thread points

Uh ohh.... Shocked!  Boy, am I in trouble... Sad Cool Sad!
Me too. Ialmisry seems to have a pretty good handle on it though...with his resurrecting old threads that are 5+ years old. Tongue
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: