OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 02, 2014, 04:38:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conservative Jews approve gay wedding guidelines  (Read 1890 times) Average Rating: 0
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 06:33:03 PM »

wow okay I didn't know that. no offense Tallitot you all just couldn't of kept that view point in the Reform movement  laugh
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 12:37:51 AM »

Come on, James. Clearly more than what is interesting is at play. This is an Orthodox Christian forum and tallitot knows how most of us feel about such issues.

So don't click on a topic with the title 'Conservative Jews approve gay wedding guidelines."

Yeah, because that has to do with anything.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 02:00:43 AM »

What's goin' on in this thread?

tweety234
High Elder

Faith: Ask the Answer
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 11:09:06 PM »

Conservatives approving gay weddings? Wait, what? laugh
Yep. Just not any conservatives though. Jewish conservatives. We poor Christians are passionately against. With a burning passion in fact. Some of us however are quite gentle. Sadly not all of us.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:11:20 PM by tweety234 » Logged

“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
tweety234
High Elder

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2012, 11:16:09 PM »

"The Conservative branch of American Judaism has formally approved same-sex marriage ceremonies..."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/01/conservative-jews-approve-gay-wedding-guidelines/#ixzz1x0HGcwn4

yeah..But don't read too much into the term "Conservative". They are not part of the "Reform Movement" which is a whole other kettle of fish and has more to do with how services are conducted and who can serve in authority etc. Conservative congregations are often very liberal. I have a Gay relative who has attended a Conservative Temple for many years.

If Orthodox Jews allow Gay marriage then head for an inner room in your basement and get under a strong table for when the winds pick up.  Smiley

Agreed.  The moon will be blood, and the locusts will come.

and the Locusts are?

“God has no religion.”
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 10:00:30 PM »

"The Conservative branch of American Judaism has formally approved same-sex marriage ceremonies..."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/01/conservative-jews-approve-gay-wedding-guidelines/#ixzz1x0HGcwn4

yeah..But don't read too much into the term "Conservative". They are not part of the "Reform Movement" which is a whole other kettle of fish and has more to do with how services are conducted and who can serve in authority etc. Conservative congregations are often very liberal. I have a Gay relative who has attended a Conservative Temple for many years.

If Orthodox Jews allow Gay marriage then head for an inner room in your basement and get under a strong table for when the winds pick up.  Smiley

and the Locusts are?

Grasshoppers

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 10:03:54 PM »

and the Locusts are?

Grasshoppers

Specifically short-horned grasshoppers of the Acrididae family.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
tweety234
High Elder

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 11:18:36 PM »

Specifically short-horned grasshoppers of the Acrididae family.
[/quote]

yuck. About 2 yrs ago back in Greece, the ecologists freed those things, and in my town  we felt like we were the parasite that need to be eaten, before they eat everything else. I remember that week, I had an appointment with my psychotherapist, and we were talking about this. Because it was the news of the century. We never had seen something like this before. Never. And she mentioned that there is a passage in the revelations regarding that. And we were wondering, if this is one of the signs. "I certainly hope not", I replied. But they were millions of them. And that very week about 3 people, mentioned that passage from the revelations. The funny thing is. Except my psychotherapist. They were atheists. But they could not believe this was a simple coincidence.

“God has no religion.”
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: