OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 07:39:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Just Flew In From Pittsburgh and Boy is My Butt Tired  (Read 346 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« on: December 27, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »

Passengers stuck aboard plane for 4 hours at Pittsburgh airport

An American Airlines flight from Dallas became stuck in the snow on a ramp at Pittsburgh International Airport on Wednesday night, delaying passengers for about four hours, an airport spokeswoman said...
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 12:28:18 PM »

An American Airlines flight from Dallas became stuck in the snow on a ramp at Pittsburgh International Airport on Wednesday night, delaying passengers for about four hours, an airport spokeswoman said...
I missed my flight on the 24th because Spirit Airlines' attendant at checkout said they close their boarding gate a half hour before boarding. I rescheduled the next day and had to go through the naked cancer scan in stick-up position twice because I brought a glass jar of jam.  Roll Eyes   So: could be worse.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:33:18 PM by rakovsky » Logged
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »

Where can I fly to internationally from Pittsburgh? Canada?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 01:43:39 PM »

I missed my flight on the 24th because Spirit Airlines' attendant at checkout said they close their boarding gate a half hour before boarding. I rescheduled the next day and had to go through the naked cancer scan in stick-up position twice because I brought a glass jar of jam.  Roll Eyes   So: could be worse.

Ahhh...  Shocked

Is there any other destination people would go to this holiday season?  angel
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 01:48:51 PM »

I missed my flight on the 24th because Spirit Airlines' attendant at checkout said they close their boarding gate a half hour before boarding. I rescheduled the next day and had to go through the naked cancer scan in stick-up position twice because I brought a glass jar of jam.  Roll Eyes   So: could be worse.

The Department of Homeland Defense just might be one of the ways we offer public health care.

rakovsky
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 03:58:14 PM »

Told You So: TSA Employees Circulate Naked Pictures of Film Star

Within days of the devices being introduced at Heathrow, staff have abused their professionalism and printed out naked scans of a famous actor for their own titillation.

We were promised all along that the body scanners “increased privacy” because they were only accessible to a single staff member who had no personal contact with the passenger taking the scan, in addition to the assurance that the images could not be saved and were instantly deleted. It in fact turns out that airport staff have been saving, printing and circulating naked body scans in complete violation of these supposed guarantees.
http://gyantunplugged.com/real-news/told-you-so-tsa-employees-circulate-naked-pictures-of-film-star/
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 04:09:17 PM »

Within days of the devices being introduced at Heathrow, staff have abused their professionalism and printed out naked scans of a famous actor for their own titillation.

We were promised all along that the body scanners “increased privacy” because they were only accessible to a single staff member who had no personal contact with the passenger taking the scan, in addition to the assurance that the images could not be saved and were instantly deleted. It in fact turns out that airport staff have been saving, printing and circulating naked body scans in complete violation of these supposed guarantees.
http://gyantunplugged.com/real-news/told-you-so-tsa-employees-circulate-naked-pictures-of-film-star/

People googling for these photos are going to have the most disappointing internet pr0n experience ever.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 04:25:46 PM »

People googling for these photos are going to have the most disappointing internet pr0n experience ever.

Thanks for the warning.  No googling for me, I guess.

I finally got to go through one of these naked scans last time I flew.  I made a point of giving them as good a view as possible.  They didn't ask me to go through twice.  I felt slighted.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »

I finally got to go through one of these naked scans last time I flew.  I made a point of giving them as good a view as possible.  They didn't ask me to go through twice.  I felt slighted.

I truly don't understand the big deal. Even if they were looking at completely HD rendered nude video.

I could see the leaking of the video to be a little embarrassing perhaps, but not too much and this is coming from someone who hates even looking at a photo of himself.

If people think that someone if going to enjoy looking at them later in a sexual manner, I am here to break the news to you, they don't need a scanner to do it.

Really, who I feel the worst for are those who have to look at the stuff all day. Sorta like when I see the doc. I don't feel ashamed of how I look but I think what a drag it has to be to see and have to touch people like me all day long, day after day. And given the places where I get treated, I am probably a relief as my hygiene is only moderately terrible. Still can't see how that wouldn't make me loath humanity eventually.

NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »

You can go over the north pole.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"Simply put, if you’re not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people, and kiss it goodbye, you can’t be my disciple."
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 06:05:28 PM »

Thanks for the humor.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: