OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 01:46:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: so, is calling the church the church of hell forgiveable?  (Read 767 times) Average Rating: 0
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« on: December 26, 2012, 01:15:38 AM »

Yeah, no? I'm not sure since after that communication pretty much completely ended. Kinda made me feel like I hit a point of no-return when no one even tries to turn you around.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 01:23:39 AM »

Yeah, no? I'm not sure since after that communication pretty much completely ended. Kinda made me feel like I hit a point of no-return when no one even tries to turn you around.

Are you still interested in Orthodox Christianity?
Knee V

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:37:12 AM »

It is forgivable. Christ suffered tremendously more mockery than that, and still prayed for the forgiveness of those who put Him through it. He's willing to forgive your mistakes as well, even when He or His church is the object of your mistakes.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

On Sabbatical until Mid-December

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 02:51:24 AM »

Yeah.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 02:54:59 AM »

Are you still interested in Orthodox Christianity?

Well, I'm still posting here. Actually, I do not think it is possible for someone to really stop wanting to be Orthodox. Even when I was convinced it was wrong I still wanted it to be right and didn't want anything else.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 03:40:09 AM »

So what's going on? Being as this is on the public forum and there is obviously a backstory.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 03:40:28 AM by NicholasMyra » Logged

if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 07:51:21 AM »

If the person who said it is sincerely sorry, I see no reason it would not be forgivable.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 10:41:36 AM »

So what's going on? Being as this is on the public forum and there is obviously a backstory.

Some of the backstory: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,45331.msg774158.html#msg774158

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Joseph Hazen

Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 04:16:07 PM »

God has forgiven me for worse *shrug* The impulsive shout during an argument is something far less than the Unforgivable Sin.
Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »

With repentance. There was once a man who persecuted and killed christians because he thought the Church was the church from hell. He repented and his name was changed from saul to paul and given the title "apostle".

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »

Some of the backstory: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,45331.msg774158.html#msg774158

Ah, okay.

Well, if that were the worst thing I ever said on the internet I would be a happy man.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: