OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 06:29:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Vladimirs BOokstore  (Read 1595 times) Average Rating: 0
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« on: January 15, 2003, 09:56:36 AM »

Hey!

Anyone else have difficulties with ordering from the St. Vladimir's bookstore? This is the second time I placed an order with them that no one has gotten back to me on. It has been quite a few days, and I have received no order acknowledgement or shipping notice. I rather give my money to st. vlad's than to amazon, but if they make it impossible, i'll have no other choice! Cry

BObby
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 11:16:01 AM »

It took them quite some time to get back to me regarding an inquiry about stock a while back.  The best thing to do is call them, I think.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 11:16:02 AM »

Hey!

Anyone else have difficulties with ordering from the St. Vladimir's bookstore? This is the second time I placed an order with them that no one has gotten back to me on. It has been quite a few days, and I have received no order acknowledgement or shipping notice.

Bobby:

I just ordered from St Vlads bookstore last week.  Had my order in three or four days.

Of course I request 'Priority Mail' rather than UPS.  The cost of delivery is almost the same but UPS takes twice as long.  Most of te deliveries are by land and they do not deliver on Saturday.  Priority Mail is three work days.

Also, when ordering at St Vlads I was told if the book I ordered was not in stock it could take two to three weeks.
Best you call or email them regardinga stats.

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 11:21:04 AM »

Hey!

Anyone else have difficulties with ordering from the St. Vladimir's bookstore? This is the second time I placed an order with them that no one has gotten back to me on. It has been quite a few days, and I have received no order acknowledgement or shipping notice. I rather give my money to st. vlad's than to amazon, but if they make it impossible, i'll have no other choice! Cry

BObby

Better check and see if Anastasios is working in the bookstore.  That may be cause for a slowdown in order processing.   Wink
TonyS
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 11:43:17 AM »

Bobo,

If you are interested in superfast service you may want to contact someone else.  Remember that the SVS bookstore is small compared to Amazon.com, etc.  

I once had an order botched up by Amazon.com so I am not so convinced of their perfection.  Before I was at SVS I ordered from the bookstore and had no problems or complaints.  

Did you call to check on it?

Tony

Tómame como al tequila, de un golpe y sin pensarlo. - Ricardo Arjona

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender
and if everbody's a sinner then everybody can be a winner
I'll see you when yo
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 12:11:51 PM »

Thanks for ya'lls help.

I'm gonna call today, just wanted to know if anyone had similar experiences.

yes, anastasios must be backed up!  Grin

Bobbyyy
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2003, 01:12:47 PM »

Well, I'm glad my friend Deacon Kevin Smith is no longer working in the bookstore, he would be appalled at the lack of service! ;p

Bambino, I'm sure you'll get it straightened out with a phonecall.  I'm not sure how web-saavy the guys in the bookstore are these days.

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2003, 01:30:02 PM »

I did my volunteer hours in the bookstore last semester and hopefully this one as well.

I copy the tapes.

I don't take the orders so I don't know if it is better to call them in but you will talk to a real live person if you call in.  The ladies that answer calls are real friendly and helpful.

If an item is backordered, it will slow down the shipment, but if everything is in stock you will get your order quickly.

In Christ,

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: