OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 10:27:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming Youth Ministry Conference  (Read 1145 times) Average Rating: 0
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« on: May 10, 2007, 12:09:25 PM »

The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese
Department of Religious Education
Department of Youth & Young Adult Ministries
and the
Patriarch Athenagoras Orthodox Institute
present

Will our Children Have Faith?
Summer Institute 2007

ORTHODOX YOUTH MINISTRY
June 6 – 9, 2007

Downloadable Material available here: http://goarch.org/en/archdiocese/departments/religioused/si/

General Information

The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Departments of Religious Education (DRE) and Youth and Young Adult Ministries and the Patriarch Athenagoras Orthodox Institute (PAOI) invite you to retreat from the demands of daily life and spend time sharing fresh ideas and cutting-edge insights into the spiritual life of young people today. The PAOI Summer Institute 2007 will feature hands-on, experiential lectures and workshops presented by a variety of Orthodox and Ecumenical scholars and practitioners.

Topics include “Setting the Tone for Youth Ministry,” “Youth Spirituality,” “Organizing Youth and Family Ministries,” and “Communications Technology and Ministry to Youth.” Among the scheduled presenters are Fr. Michael Anderson, Sr. Mary Grennan, Fr. Mark Leondis, Mr. George Papageorge, Dr. David Randolph, Fr. Kevin Scherer, and Dr. Tony Vrame.

Participants will pray together every morning and evening in the beautiful Chapel of St. Demetrios at the PAOI. Registration includes a daily Continental Breakfast as well as one dinner or lunch per day.

Several local housing options are available with rates beginning from $35.00/ night. For further information regarding housing, please contact the Institute at 510 649-3450.

Price for the Summer Institute is $250.00.

Scheduled Presenters

Fr. Michael Anderson – Rector of St. Christina of Tyre Mission in Fremont, CA. Previously, Fr. Anderson was Director of Youth Ministries for the Orthodox Church in America.

Sr. Mary Greenan – Adjunct Lecturer in Counseling at the Dominican School of Philosophy & Theology. A member of the Salesian Sisters Congregation, a ministry dedicated to young people, Sr. Grennan specializes in the spirituality of young people and leadership in youth ministry.

Fr. Mark Leondis – Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.

Mr. George Papageorge – Growth Unlimited Pastoral Counseling . Mr. Papageorge is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with over 20 years of experience working with young people and their families. He is a highly sought-after seminar and workshop leader on parenting and family issues.

Dr. David Randolph – Center for the Arts, Religion, and Education (an Affiliate of the Graduate Theological Union). Recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award by the International Academy of Homiletics and honored as one of America’s Greatest Preachers, Dr. Randolph is an authority in the area of communication arts in electronic media.

Fr. Kevin Scherer – Executive Director of the Orthodox Christian Fellowship (under the Standing Conference of Canonical Orthodox Bishops in America). Previously, Fr. Scherer was Pastor of St. John the Evangelist Antiochian Orthodox Church in Orinda, CA.

Rev. Sue Singer – Instructor in Ministry Development at the Church Divinity School of the Pacific in Berkeley, California.

Dr. Anton Vrame – Director of Religious Education for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. Ph.D in Christian Education from Boston College, Dr. Vrame has published and lectured on a number of topics and was formerly Director of the PAOI, where he taught graduate level courses in a number of Orthodox Christian subject areas.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 12:11:43 PM by pensateomnia » Logged

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 05:32:44 PM »

Fr. Michael Anderson – Rector of St. Christina of Tyre Mission in Fremont, CA. Previously, Fr. Anderson was Director of Youth Ministries for the Orthodox Church in America.

Just felt like pointing out that this is my Church and that Fr. Michael is my Priest--I never realized how significant he was is in the OCA until now...

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 02:22:25 PM »

Just felt like pointing out that this is my Church and that Fr. Michael is my Priest--I never realized how significant he was is in the OCA until now...
dude!  we should get together!  i'm in Oakland.  PM me if you're interested in coffee some time 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 02:41:19 PM »

Father, you are a brave man.  Wink

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 05:19:21 PM »

dude!  we should get together!  i'm in Oakland.  PM me if you're interested in coffee some time 

Maybe I could visit your parish sometime--I usually go to work in Oakland quite often.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 08:57:13 PM »

Maybe I could visit your parish sometime--I usually go to work in Oakland quite often.

PM me anytime you wanna come over! 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: