OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 12:33:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What time is it?  (Read 825 times) Average Rating: 0
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« on: December 17, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »

I suddenly noticed that my computer clock is behind one hour! I've tried resetting it, but it stays an hour off. It should be reading +/- 9 pm, but is showing 8 pm. I'll see what happens in the morning when I turn my computer back on. Anybody else experienced this - now, or ever?
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »

See if this fixes it: go to your profile section and to the "Look and Layout Preferences" part, and click "auto detect" for the time offset... Smiley
genesisone
Archon

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:30:20 PM »

See if this fixes it: go to your profile section and to the "Look and Layout Preferences" part, and click "auto detect" for the time offset... Smiley
No, I don't mean the forum time setting, but the computer itself - as shown in the bottom right corner. I'll have to see further responses in the morning. It's bedtime. I get up early, so must go to bed now.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 01:30:57 AM »

You know, I've had the same problem.  No solutions though! Not from me anyway

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 04:37:14 AM »

9:37

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 05:06:45 AM »

I suddenly noticed that my computer clock is behind one hour! I've tried resetting it, but it stays an hour off. It should be reading +/- 9 pm, but is showing 8 pm. I'll see what happens in the morning when I turn my computer back on. Anybody else experienced this - now, or ever?

After changing the time offset, do you make sure to click the "change profile" button at the bottom right hand corner of the page?

The only thing I can think of.

My offset has never reset IIRC.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 05:21:52 AM »

After changing the time offset, do you make sure to click the "change profile" button at the bottom right hand corner of the page?

As he said, his problem is system time, not forum time.

genesisone, what operating system are you using?

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 05:25:36 AM »

As he said, his problem is system time, not forum time.

genesisone, what operating system are you using?

That's what I get for reading something this early without any chemicals enhancements.

Yes, the OS would be needed.

And I've experienced such a problem with any OS I've used, IIRC.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
genesisone
Archon

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 11:44:09 AM »

Thanks for your help, all. It still came up an hour off this morning. I just reset the clock manually, while still leaving it checked as being EST. Strangely, some things were correct, such as time stamp on emails, and I think even the forum time. Likely just one of those odd things that computers like to do once in a while just to keep us on our toes.

And yes, I know all about changing the profile settings twice a year to accommodate the changes between Standard and Daylight Saving Time.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium.

So, serb1389, what did you end up doing about it?
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 02:25:04 PM »

You may have a system clock problem (e.g. BIOS).  One can change the registry setting to update more frequently with the time servers.

http://www.askdrtech.com/solutions/post/Dealing-With-Windows-Vista-Time-Sync-Problems.aspx
genesisone
Archon

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 08:10:32 PM »

You may have a system clock problem (e.g. BIOS).  One can change the registry setting to update more frequently with the time servers.
Thank you. This could quite easily be the problem. Right now the displayed time 7:11 is correct, so I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »

Thanks for your help, all. It still came up an hour off this morning. I just reset the clock manually, while still leaving it checked as being EST. Strangely, some things were correct, such as time stamp on emails, and I think even the forum time. Likely just one of those odd things that computers like to do once in a while just to keep us on our toes.

And yes, I know all about changing the profile settings twice a year to accommodate the changes between Standard and Daylight Saving Time.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium.

So, serb1389, what did you end up doing about it?

i tried to change it manually but it just changed back, almost right away.  I never explored it further. 

We're getting new computers at the office next week, so i'm not really sweating about it. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Melesine

Faith: currently Catholic
Jurisdiction: latin rite

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 10:40:23 AM »

Thank you! I have been wondering how to reset the time.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: