OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 12:24:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Masturbation and Homosexuality Do Not Exist  (Read 1047 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« on: December 14, 2012, 04:37:59 PM »

Barry and Bonnie Hewlett had been studying the Aka and Ngandu people of central Africa for many years before they began to specifically study the groups' sexuality. As they reported in the journal African Study Monographs, the married couple of anthropologists from Washington State University "decided to systematically study sexual behavior after several campfire discussions with married middle-aged Aka men who mentioned in passing that they had sex three or four times during the night. At first [they] thought it was just men telling their stories, but we talked to women and they verified the men's assertions."

In turning to a dedicated study of sex practices, the Hewletts formally confirmed that the campfire stories were no mere fish tales. Married Aka and Ngandu men and women consistently reported having sex multiple times in a single night. But in the process of verifying this, the Hewletts also incidentally found that homosexuality and masturbation appeared to be foreign to both groups.

The original article: http://anthro.vancouver.wsu.edu/media/PDF/sex_paper_final_10-2010.pdf
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 04:39:43 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 04:40:03 PM »

That's a great solution.

"And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin
is pride that apes humility."
-Samuel Coleridge
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 04:51:21 PM »

That's a great solution.

I think Paul spoke about this in one of his letters.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »

Hmm. You would think that there would be more than 30,000 of them.

On a related note:
Are the men of the African Aka tribe the best fathers in the world?

...Aka fathers are within reach of their infants 47% of the time - that's apparently more than fathers in any other cultural group on the planet, which is why Fathers Direct has decided to dub the Aka "the best dads in the world"....
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/jun/15/childrensservices.familyandrelationships
...It has been observed that they pick up, cuddle, and play with their babies at least five times as often as fathers in other societies. It is believed that this is due to the strong bond between Aka husband and wife....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aka_people
explains that. laugh

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 05:14:06 PM »

Pretty interesting people.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 05:22:41 PM »

Please don't give the urban hunter gatherer crowd more stuff to try to emulate.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 06:29:53 PM »

200 years of Industrialization is not greater than XX,000 years of human social evolution.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 07:55:16 PM »

200 years of Industrialization is not greater than XX,000 years of human social evolution.

Dude, you are totally forgetting that whole disaster of the agricultural revolution.

Never a bloodier revolution have we seen.

Number one killer of man.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 08:25:58 PM »

Dude, you are totally forgetting that whole disaster of the agricultural revolution.

Yep, epidemiologically speaking.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:00:10 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »

Obviously, you are not a golfer.

It was tongue-in-cheeck about the weird ideas of the well healed paleo-romantics among us.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 10:41:30 PM »

No, I'm not.
It was tongue-in-cheeck about the weird ideas of the well healed paleo-romantics among us.
OK.  Don't know what that means, but OK.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 11:10:25 PM »

No, I'm not.

You have to be kidding?

You must travel in odd circles and have never visited the diet and fitness thread here.

From the NYT and properly in the fashion section:

The caveman lifestyle, in Mr. Durant’s interpretation, involves eating large quantities of meat and then fasting between meals to approximate the lean times that his distant ancestors faced between hunts. Vegetables and fruit are fine, but he avoids foods like bread that were unavailable before the invention of agriculture. Mr. Durant believes the human body evolved for a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and his goal is to wean himself off what he sees as many millenniums of bad habits.

These urban cavemen also choose exercise routines focused on sprinting and jumping, to replicate how a prehistoric person might have fled from a mastodon.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fashion/10caveman.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

If you care, you can google around from there, but this gives a nice insight into the class of folks in this stuff.

Back to masturbation and homosexuality, I suppose.

Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »

Sorry, had to do it. I've probably done worse in the past, but I'm an idiot and that's the NY Times.

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 11:21:32 PM »

Africans living it up--starvation and poverty and all.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
peacenprayer

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOMT

ting ting ting

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 11:34:38 PM »

I like this article. Thanks!

Chanter, Blacksmith, Tailor, Captain of the Guard. ...I made the last one up.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 01:00:21 PM »

No, I'm not.

You have to be kidding?

You must travel in odd circles and have never visited the diet and fitness thread here.

From the NYT and properly in the fashion section:

The caveman lifestyle, in Mr. Durant’s interpretation, involves eating large quantities of meat and then fasting between meals to approximate the lean times that his distant ancestors faced between hunts. Vegetables and fruit are fine, but he avoids foods like bread that were unavailable before the invention of agriculture. Mr. Durant believes the human body evolved for a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and his goal is to wean himself off what he sees as many millenniums of bad habits.

These urban cavemen also choose exercise routines focused on sprinting and jumping, to replicate how a prehistoric person might have fled from a mastodon.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fashion/10caveman.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

If you care, you can google around from there, but this gives a nice insight into the class of folks in this stuff.

Back to masturbation and homosexuality, I suppose.

That Durant fellow is just a LARPer and not even a good one at that.  I used to only eat wild antelope that I killed myself until the zoo permanently revoked my visitor pass.  One time I even dragged my kill into the leopard pen so I could practice defending it against a predator.  Then the zoo keepers got in there first with a cattle prod in one hand and a steak in the other.  He gave the steak to the leopard who then ignored my antelope.  It's a sad day when even leopards will take a hormone filled frankensteak over an organic antelope. 

Also, fur underpants make poor insulators.  FYI.
stpaulphilip

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 05:36:34 PM »

[quote/]That Durant fellow is just a LARPer and not even a good one at that.  I used to only eat wild antelope that I killed myself until the zoo permanently revoked my visitor pass.  One time I even dragged my kill into the leopard pen so I could practice defending it against a predator.  Then the zoo keepers got in there first with a cattle prod in one hand and a steak in the other.  He gave the steak to the leopard who then ignored my antelope.  It's a sad day when even leopards will take a hormone filled frankensteak over an organic antelope.  

Also, fur underpants make poor insulators.  FYI.
[/quote]

I hate when that happens.  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:37:46 PM by stpaulphilip » Logged

Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
Dpaula
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian w/ Romanian background
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 09:45:23 PM »

Barry and Bonnie Hewlett had been studying the Aka and Ngandu people of central Africa for many years before they began to specifically study the groups' sexuality. As they reported in the journal African Study Monographs, the married couple of anthropologists from Washington State University "decided to systematically study sexual behavior after several campfire discussions with married middle-aged Aka men who mentioned in passing that they had sex three or four times during the night. At first [they] thought it was just men telling their stories, but we talked to women and they verified the men's assertions."

In turning to a dedicated study of sex practices, the Hewletts formally confirmed that the campfire stories were no mere fish tales. Married Aka and Ngandu men and women consistently reported having sex multiple times in a single night. But in the process of verifying this, the Hewletts also incidentally found that homosexuality and masturbation appeared to be foreign to both groups.

The original article: http://anthro.vancouver.wsu.edu/media/PDF/sex_paper_final_10-2010.pdf

LOVED IT!!! Love this place and these people with their simple, lovely life! Such innocence in how they understand sexual intercourse and the reasoning behind it. Plain and simple! No ifs, no buts, no in between, no grey areas...LOVED IT!

Not posting anymore due to the rudeness on this site.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: