OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 11:27:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prophetic act?  (Read 1378 times) Average Rating: 0
walter1234
High Elder

« on: December 12, 2012, 07:07:26 AM »

Recent Year, Charismatic Church have a new teaching or a new way of speaking out the prophecy, which is called ' Prophetic act'.  Do Orthodox Christian have any comment about Charistmatic teaching of Propheitc act?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:07:46 AM by walter1234 » Logged
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 07:09:52 AM »

Recent Year, Charismatic Church have a new teaching

Nuff' said.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:10:06 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 07:27:23 AM »

Most Orthodox do not care aout that Charismatic Church. I have no idea what is it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:27:40 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 07:34:19 AM »

Prophetic act means speak the Prophecy through the actions that God ask you to do, like  2 Kings 13: 14-20, 2 King 5:9-14, Joshua 6:3-10,etc. I think the quoted three articles do explain very clear.

Charismatic even teach Prophetic drawing. Prophetic drawing means speak the prophecies through painting out the pictures which God show to you. Any Comment about these new style of Prophecies?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:41:45 AM by walter1234 » Logged
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 07:39:14 AM »

Insane.

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 08:54:43 AM »

Here is a testimony about Prophetic drawing or Prophetic drawing in a Charismatic Church:

http://www.ibethel.org/testimonies/2012/11/21/healing-and-prophetic-art

Is this miracle /testimony come from evil? Is this the spiritual deception?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:55:52 AM by walter1234 » Logged
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 08:58:20 AM »

Is this miracle /testimony come from evil?

No. From an empty skull, more likely.

walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 09:12:53 AM »

Is this miracle /testimony come from evil?

No. From an empty skull, more likely.
Empty skull? Are you meaning that this testimony is simply a lie? Can you explain it in detail?
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 12:15:59 AM »

Charismatics, Pentecostals, etc do not have the Holy Spirit.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 02:27:05 AM »

Having briefly perused the articles I think that this is nothing new, the articles certainly give plenty of Biblical examples of what they're talking about. I don't think it's even new in the Charismatics, Pentecostal churches. Perhaps at most no one ever collected stories and put a name to it before. I certainly don't believe it's new from an Orthodox perspective and would largely equate it with the experiences of Saints called "Fools for Christ". That about what they're calling Prophetic Acts.

Now about the Orthodox perspective on the "Charismatic's" teaching of Prophetic act, I believe you've just heard a good deal of it.

I would, however, differ somewhat from some of my friends and would not so lightly dismiss the ability of the Holy Spirit to act on/in/through believers who are outside of the Church. I've seen and know far to many people who profess the Father Son and Holy Spirit in fear and humility who have had experiences that that are not possible in the natural world as a result of calling upon God and who, in those experiences give all glory to Him.

Countdown to Chrismations and Baptisms
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 03:59:13 AM »

Having briefly perused the articles I think that this is nothing new, the articles certainly give plenty of Biblical examples of what they're talking about. I don't think it's even new in the Charismatics, Pentecostal churches. Perhaps at most no one ever collected stories and put a name to it before. I certainly don't believe it's new from an Orthodox perspective and would largely equate it with the experiences of Saints called "Fools for Christ". That about what they're calling Prophetic Acts.

Now about the Orthodox perspective on the "Charismatic's" teaching of Prophetic act, I believe you've just heard a good deal of it.

I would, however, differ somewhat from some of my friends and would not so lightly dismiss the ability of the Holy Spirit to act on/in/through believers who are outside of the Church. I've seen and know far to many people who profess the Father Son and Holy Spirit in fear and humility who have had experiences that that are not possible in the natural world as a result of calling upon God and who, in those experiences give all glory to Him.

You mean 'prophetic act' does exist in Orthodox Tradition within 2000 years .Just no one collected all theses stories and name them as 'prophetic act' ?  Huh
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:00:11 AM by walter1234 » Logged
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »

You mean 'prophetic act' does exist in Orthodox Tradition within 2000 years .Just no one collected all theses stories and name them as 'prophetic act' ?  Huh
And any examples?
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »

Yes, basically, what I mean is that the types of actions cited sporadically in the Bible didn't stop at the end of the apostalistic era. They have continued right down through the history of the Church. In Orthodox circles we would call people who did such actions "Fools for Christ's sake".

An example would be Basil the Blessed buried in the Cathedral that bears his name. He wandered around naked and in chains, stole to give to the poor and rebuked the Tsar. Yet when he died the Metropolitan conducted his funeral, the Tsar himself was a pallbearer and he was declared a Saint less than a decade after his death. Another example would be Saint Xenia of St. Petersberg, but there have been many thoughtout the history of the Church.

Even in Protestant circles I would suggest it's nothing new and has been practiced here and there throughout. But my guess regarding the articleswould be that someone recently started cataloging such occurrences and, not knowing church history, decided it was something new not seen since the Bible so they gave it a name and called it a movement.

walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »

Yes, basically, what I mean is that the types of actions cited sporadically in the Bible didn't stop at the end of the apostalistic era. They have continued right down through the history of the Church. In Orthodox circles we would call people who did such actions "Fools for Christ's sake".

An example would be Basil the Blessed buried in the Cathedral that bears his name. He wandered around naked and in chains, stole to give to the poor and rebuked the Tsar. Yet when he died the Metropolitan conducted his funeral, the Tsar himself was a pallbearer and he was declared a Saint less than a decade after his death. Another example would be Saint Xenia of St. Petersberg, but there have been many thoughtout the history of the Church.

Even in Protestant circles I would suggest it's nothing new and has been practiced here and there throughout. But my guess regarding the articleswould be that someone recently started cataloging such occurrences and, not knowing church history, decided it was something new not seen since the Bible so they gave it a name and called it a movement.
That's true.Protestant Christians ,including those in Charismatic and Pentecostal do not have much knowledge on Church history.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:23:28 PM by walter1234 » Logged
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 03:53:01 PM »

What types of actions did God ask Saint Xenia of St. Petersberg to do ?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:53:29 PM by walter1234 » Logged
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 11:39:31 PM »

Gave away all her belongings, wore only her late husbands clothes, foretold the future in mysterious sayings, healed people, helped build a church, prayed all night long in open fields, wandered homeless etc. See below link on the life of the Saint.

http://www.stxenia.org/stxenia.html

walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 06:29:37 AM »

Charismatics, Pentecostals, etc do not have the Holy Spirit.
I cannot say ALL miracles are false in Pentecostal and charismatic.
But I can sure there must be false miracles which are not come from Holy Spirit or  are even from Devils in charismatic and pentecostal . The false Lakeland revival in 2008 can prove it. The American or the people who have GodTV channel should know this false revival which is organised and supported many charismatic leaders.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:40:36 AM by walter1234 » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: