OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 04:50:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A house divided against itself cannot stand?  (Read 358 times) Average Rating: 0
DennyB

Moving Toward Orthodoxy

« on: December 09, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »

I live in a very small community with more churches than many large communities,and it seems over the years the number of churches have multiplied,many of these from mainline churches that have split. How can Protestantism survive much longer,and its beliefs become watered down? Would love to have an Orthodox Church in my community,please pray.
eyesmile

Faith: Christian

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 12:54:09 AM »

I hear you DennyB and I wish the community I live in had an Orthodox parish to attend instead of being surrounded by multiple congregations and many that come and go.

The ancients give us solace though and advise in the Philokalia that if we sincerely can not find a worthy community or spiritual father then He Himself will supply whatever we lack. By worthy I mean fitting and what is fitting is not always our first choice or even comfortable at all but deep down we will know.
DennyB

Moving Toward Orthodoxy

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:09 AM »

I hear you DennyB and I wish the community I live in had an Orthodox parish to attend instead of being surrounded by multiple congregations and many that come and go.

The ancients give us solace though and advise in the Philokalia that if we sincerely can not find a worthy community or spiritual father then He Himself will supply whatever we lack. By worthy I mean fitting and what is fitting is not always our first choice or even comfortable at all but deep down we will know.

Thanks for your encouraging words.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: