OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 11:35:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is the founder and admin of this forum?  (Read 582 times) Average Rating: 0
walter1234
High Elder

« on: December 09, 2012, 07:17:52 AM »

I have joined this forum for a long time. May I ask who is the founder and admin of this forum?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:18:55 AM by walter1234 » Logged
Cyrillic
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Moscow

The Reactionary Rebel

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 07:35:08 AM »

Fr. Anastasios. Fr. George does most visible admin work nowadays.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:36:49 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo

"J'ai pour les institutions démocratiques un goût de tête, mais je suis aristocrate par instinct"
-A. de Tocqueville

Πρὸς δὲ τὸν ἀξιοῦντα δημοκρατίαν ἐν τῇ πόλει καταστήσασθαι ὁ Λυκοῦργος εἶπε 'σὺ πρῶτος ἐν τῇ οἰκίᾳ σου ποίησον δημοκρατίαν.'
-Lycurgus
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
OC.net guru

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »

By way of a little more information, Fr. A is a convert — formerly a Catholic — who was ordained a priest in the Old Calendarist jurisdiction HOTCA in 2008. At the time the forums were founded, he (and the other founders, who are no longer around) was not yet Orthodox. He is the pastor of two mission parishes, Saint Mark the Evangelist Orthodox Mission Church in Raleigh, N.C. and Nativity of the Holy Theotokos Greek Orthodox Church in Greenville, N.C.

Here is his blog about the mission work he does:

http://triangleorthodox.wordpress.com/

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL ORTHODOX CHURCH
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 11:29:43 AM »

Current admins are Fr. Anastasios and Fr. George - the latter is responsible for everyday forum issues while Fr. Anastasios currently cares mostly for technical and economical things.

Here is how it started:

I will author a comprehensive document later since there is interest but suffice it to say...

Robert and I desired to make a website to promote Eastern Christianity and continue our knowledge of the Orthodox Church (we were Byzantine Catholics back then, and wanted to promote Church unity between Eastern Christians).  In 2001 we bought the domain byzantines.org (inspiration was from byzantines.net and byzcath.org) and started there.  Nothing really came about until Robert and I were sitting in a car discussing making a webforum.  Robert and I knew Philip (Mor Ephrem) from byzcath.org and so Philip was interested in the project as well. We went live on May 12, 2002.

Byzantines.org survived until September 2002 when Robert went to Italy.  While he was gone, Philip and I recruited Nik Stanosheck (now Fr Dcn Nikolai) to be the third administrator and we decided to make it a truly Orthodox-oriented website instead of "pan Byzantine Rite" since those professing such views could easily go to byzcath.org to post, renaming the site orthodoxchristianity.net on October 2, 2002. Nik was on the path to officially becoming Orthodox, and I was now at St Vladimir's Seminary studying about Orthodoxy to make my decision (yeah, I go all the way when I am interested in something).

Robert returned from Italy after some changes in plans and resumed duties as an Administrator.  Soon Nik decided to make a website that was more oriented towards traditionalist views, so he resigned to focus on his site euphrosynoscafe.com.

By 2003, we started to add on a moderation team since we could not handle it by ourselves, and over the next few years the current structure came into being.  In 2006, Philip resigned and we added Fr. Chris as an administrator. Over the years, both Robert and I became Orthodox officially.

Now we are just trying to develop content and the forum to be the best it can be.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 12:19:13 PM »

To alleviate any possible confusion, I also have the monicker "Administrator" by my name because I deal with all the login issues & I needed admin "powers" to be able to take care of all that stuff on my own. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
michaeljee

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 01:18:06 AM »

Hi That is great, That is awesome information, i was also looking for this.
Regards

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: