OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 05:53:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need prayer for extremely depressing situation  (Read 390 times) Average Rating: 0
Hurdle

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: N/A

« on: December 09, 2012, 06:22:58 AM »

I accidentally was been made fun by my professor this week and laughed by everyone in class. The worst thing is the lecture has been recorded and everyone from my class can access it. I found out that later the embarrassing part of the video was been cut by an anonymous student from the class and uploaded on Youtube. Too many people have already watched and several bloggers have written posts about it. Before the video was been uploaded on Youtube, I wasn't feeling too upset and told some people on my floor like an anecdote since I live in my college dorm. However, after the video has been uploaded and watched by more and more people, I started feeling stressed, since this is the first time in my life that I feel Internet can infringe and threaten my life, especially my privacy. When I read people's comments, I felt sad and angry because many people were trying to make fun on me based on seeing their comments. I have even asked the Youtube to take down the clip although I think they wouldn't. people on the floor also laughed; they called me that I am "famous" and "popular," although I didn't really feel good.

Please pray for me so Lord may have mercy on me, a sinner. I don't really know what to do. I feel angry, stressed with other psychological burdens. Pray for me so I may open my heart to forgive the person who uploaded the video and anyone who made fun on me, people from real live and Internet. I need to move on from this since my final exams are coming on next week. Please also pray for me exams.

Thank you so much.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:25:21 AM by Hurdle » Logged
militantsparrow
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

militantsparrow
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:25:30 AM »

Lord have mercy.

"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:31:45 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Hurdle. Help him/her to forgive those who ridiculed.
Have mercy, also, on those who ridiculed, and grant them the insight to recognize the error of their actions.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »

Lord have mercy.
richi000

Jurisdiction: Antioch

Lord have mercy on us

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »

Lord have mercy on you, and help guide you through these tough times!

May our lord have mercy on the people who did this to you and show them the error of their way

Remember, never to fear the power of evil more than your trust in the power and love of God.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Fr.Aidan
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church (ROCOR)

Ds. superbis resistit; humilibus autem dat gratiam

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 12:15:34 AM »

Until someone does us a grievous wrong, the "deal" we "strike" in the Lord's Prayer, "forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors," doesn't have so much power.

After someone wrongs us, those words have mighty power to set us free from sins, and to be able to enter the heavenly kingdom as we not only forgive but feel a profound love with sweetness of heart, for the one who wronged us.

I wish this blessing upon you, hurdle, that having forgiven, all your sins will be erased, and you will be pure and clean.

It's really quite wonderful. I'm sure this didn't happen by accident!
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 01:30:23 AM »

Lord have mercy on Hurdle.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: