OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 04:41:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hell?  (Read 2303 times) Average Rating: 0
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2013, 06:50:25 AM »

Being outside the Orthodox Church is like being on the ocean alone, and not in the boat.

I don't think so at all. There are experiences in my life that unfolded in a way that I don't think are possible without the grace of God and my genuine faith. I don't want to get into my personal story but my life would be empty, I wouldn't have the wife, the kids or the sobriety I have without my faith. I don't feel I'm on a boat alone at all, the Holy Spirit is the captain and I'm not going to deny my real life experiences because some old church tells me I should because I'm not officially, in their eyes, one of them.

This is a brutaly honest statement!! Smiley and it brings up a wonder question for me.  How do we verify our experiances are the work of God is it purely subjective? Is there some other more objective way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBpw2oQrvMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCcGaTRwG_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWeUNoR30_0

Correct. Personal or subjective experience is not reliable

Some Charismatic Christians claim that they experience the Great power of God and joy of God when they mocks the sound and the actions of animals,yells out some noise and horrible songs,losses the control and  shakes of head or bodies and  laughing loudly ,etc.

Just Remember and look at the fake lakeland revival in 2008. Many  attendants claim that they experienced great power of God,got healed and delivered in that revival. The fresh fire ministry ( The ministry which start and organise the lakeland revival)  claimed that there are millions of  healings , deliverences and even more than 30 times of rescurrections . However, this ministry could not show just one medical certificate to CNN to prove that one of their attendants really have been got healed. THe (Fake ) revival was end and disappeared in the same year as well.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:05:22 AM by walter1234 » Logged
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2013, 07:10:39 AM »

Many pastors who support and believe in prosperity gospel are very rich and have luxurious life, like benny hinn, joyce meyer, joel osteen,etc. They often use their personal experience to support theIR teaching of prosperity gospel in their written books. Although there are many personal experience on prosperity gospel, I really don't think prosperity gospel is  the true gospel.

Anyway, Personal and subjective experience is not really reliable.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:25:08 AM by walter1234 » Logged
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: