OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 10:36:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dating only Orthodox girls....too critical?  (Read 5500 times) Average Rating: 0
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 08:24:30 PM »

Wow, tweety234 - the official OC.net thread necromancer.  I found this little blast from the past:

I think that looking for an Orthodox woman is a great goal to aspire to.  Unfortunately, in the next year I will more likely slay a dragon, recover his pot of gold, and be crowned King of Britain before finding a nice Orthodox girl to marry.

Well, I haven't had any luck finding and Orthodox girl in the past six months but I saw this on Facebook:

Hmm.  I might have a chance at one of my two goals.
tweety234
High Elder

Faith: Ask the Answer
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »

Orthodox girls act like any normal girl to me. I thinks it's pretty easy to convert a girl to Orthodoxy, as long as she ain't crazy.

Actually, if they aren't crazy you can convert them to anything you want. And that shows how much faith they have in their faith.
Well yeah. Alot of the nuttier ones I've met are so easily impressionable to some of the weirdest crap out there.

Glad we agree. Some people don't even have the least compassion for or confidence in themselves.

“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2012, 02:35:14 AM »

There are a couple of people at my parish who have spouses that attend other churches.

Personally, I'd like a girl who puts God first--even if she doesn't get all the particulars right--and isn't crazy.

Of course, the trouble is actually finding one of those in this day and age.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2012, 02:39:03 AM »

Orthodox don't date, their parents arrange their marriage for them.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 02:39:12 AM »

There are a couple of people at my parish who have spouses that attend other churches.

Personally, I'd like a girl who puts God first--even if she doesn't get all the particulars right--and isn't crazy.

How's Christian Mingle?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2012, 02:41:08 AM »

In reality, I will probably have to settle on marrying some Papist, since there are so few Orthodox in the United States.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »

In reality, I will probably have to settle on marrying some Papist, since there are so few Orthodox in the United States.
Do what celticfan did, get a Roman Catholic girl, and get married in the Orthodox Church.

Or not.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2012, 02:45:42 AM »

How's Christian Mingle?

I'll have to check that out at some point, although I'll probably wait until I finish my Master's Degree (should be in the Spring).

Of course, Atlanta's not too far from my house, and they have a rather large Greek Orthodox parish in town. Savannah's church (which isn't too far from my college) is also sizable, though probably not as big as Atlanta's.

I mean, I don't want to join a parish just to scout out the single ladies (that, and I love the little church I attend), but I might try to attend some of their singles group stuff and college student things.

Oh yes, and my Dad, who was a Catholic at the time, married at the age of 35, so at least I don't have to feel too bad. I'm only 23, heh.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:52:59 AM by ironchapman » Logged

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2012, 10:24:49 AM »

How's Christian Mingle?

I'll have to check that out at some point, although I'll probably wait until I finish my Master's Degree (should be in the Spring).

Of course, Atlanta's not too far from my house, and they have a rather large Greek Orthodox parish in town. Savannah's church (which isn't too far from my college) is also sizable, though probably not as big as Atlanta's.

I mean, I don't want to join a parish just to scout out the single ladies (that, and I love the little church I attend), but I might try to attend some of their singles group stuff and college student things.

Oh yes, and my Dad, who was a Catholic at the time, married at the age of 35, so at least I don't have to feel too bad. I'm only 23, heh.

The best girl I dated I met on Christian Mingle.  But she was the only one I found on there worth dating.  I'd recommend Plenty of Whales and OK U Bid first.  Read through the profiles on CM first, then decide before paying.  Perhaps you will have more luck, Omaha is a cesspit as far as womenfolk go.
tweety234
High Elder

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »

Orthodox don't date, their parents arrange their marriage for them.

why would i marry someone I don't love?

“God has no religion.”
tweety234
High Elder

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »

Not a papist for God sake. She will drive you crazy. A protestant is better. at least you don't have to compete against anyone else.

“God has no religion.”
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »

Not a papist for God sake. She will drive you crazy. A protestant is better. at least you don't have to compete against anyone else.

I thought you said "love can conquer all"?  Apparently not the love of a Roman Catholic.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »

Please!    Few Orthodox in the U.S???  Really???

There are tons of young, single Orthodox women in Michigan, of various flavors - Serbian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Russian, Albanian, Greek, etc.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2012, 04:06:26 PM »

There are tons of young, single Orthodox women in Michigan, of various flavors - Serbian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Russian, Albanian, Greek, etc.
There's your answer, James. Michigan is where it's at for Orthodox women. I'd go with Romanian and Serbian.

I'd recommend Plenty of Whales and OK U Bid first.  Read
LOL!!

– St. Ambrose of Milan
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »

If you find me one I'll pay shipping charges and a finder's fee!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2012, 04:18:48 PM »

If you find me one I'll pay shipping charges and a finder's fee!
What did we just say about mail order brides...

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Palex

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »

I say go with Mail Order Bride and use your Orthodox Discount Code.

Here's the statistics on the US Orthodox population...with a breakdown if you click on the gold arrow at right in the Orthodox box. Good luck!  laugh

http://religions.pewforum.org/affiliations

A more widespread map I'd seen before and is somewhere on this same website portrays the Orthodox at 1%--and thought that was for US too. I saw it when I read about the dropping US Protestant population earlier this year.

Your eyes saw me when I was unformed,
And all men shall be written in Your book;
They shall be formed day by day,
When as yet there were none among them.
--Psalm 138 (139):16
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »

Here's the statistics on the US Orthodox population...with a breakdown if you click on the gold arrow at right in the Orthodox box. Good luck!  laugh

http://religions.pewforum.org/affiliations

A more widespread map I'd seen before and is somewhere on this same website portrays the Orthodox at 1%--and thought that was for US too. I saw it when I read about the dropping US Protestant population earlier this year.

We out number Hindu's!  But they have Shaadi.  We are stuck with generic sites.
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2012, 07:53:21 PM »

But that is Michigan.  Can you send them to the United States?

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
tweety234
High Elder

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »

I thought you said "love can conquer all"?  Apparently not the love of a Roman Catholic.

well the only reason is I don't want to compete against the pope. But then again, I suppose I could take my wife in a country where there isn't a catholic church. That way I wouldn't have to compete with a pope. When there is a will. Maybe there is a way.

“God has no religion.”
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »

What kind of idea do you have of yourself that you think of taking your wife to a country without a Roman Catholic Church so that you don't have to 'compete' with the Roman Pope, whatever that means? Are you really in competition for your wife's affections with an 80-something year old German theologian?

Golgotha

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2012, 11:32:16 PM »

ROFL
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: