Author Topic: what is wrong with leaving a church when you never really believed in it?  (Read 2871 times)

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
Re: what is wrong with leaving a church when you never really believed in it?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
I always tell myself "I could be wrong".

Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline tweety234

• High Elder
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »
It is wrong to leave a church if it is the truth.  I always tell myself "I could be wrong".

Your belief should follow the truth always.

how do i Know that it is the truth though. No one has proved it to me. They only talk about it, but the reasons they use, are not convincing. I cannot base my life on something I doubt. Just as I cannot form a relationship, with someone I do not feel comfortable with.
“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Offline katherineofdixie

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »
Does that mean, I have to put up with all the gossip that is going on in the church, from the depth to the exit? I don't think so.

Yes. They also put up with you, don't they?
"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 06:20:38 PM »
It is wrong to leave a church if it is the truth.  I always tell myself "I could be wrong".

Your belief should follow the truth always.

how do i Know that it is the truth though. No one has proved it to me. They only talk about it, but the reasons they use, are not convincing. I cannot base my life on something I doubt. Just as I cannot form a relationship, with someone I do not feel comfortable with.

What would be enough proof for you?