OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 11:21:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Words from Troy Polamalu  (Read 211 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« on: December 04, 2012, 05:19:42 AM »

Thoughts on coming back from injury, life, and recent events…

http://troy43.com/2012/12/03/thoughts-on-coming-back-from-injury-life-and-recent-events/

"After being out for so long, God has reminded me of why football is so important in my life. Time away has this effect on me anyway, but especially when coupled with the sudden and sad news in Kansas City. This game has aligned many things for me, and despite the recent challenges, tragedies, and growing concern for player health, it has enforced virtues, tempted passions, and it has helped reveal to me my own spiritual deficiencies. "

"I cant help but feel fortunate, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to play this game. I am a better man than I was, still learning and growing, yet far from good enough to be counted among the worthy. May God give us the strength to overcome the many adversities life brings. Thank you all for your sincerest kind words and prayers. I am eternally thankful for them. Pray not just for me, but for all of us who are in need. Many times the veil of money, a smile, even laughter conceals the inner turmoil one goes through."

Troy rules and maybe the best DB to play the game.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: