OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 11:05:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saved by work and faith ( some challenges from my Protestant Friends)  (Read 2026 times) Average Rating: 0
adampjr
Karamazov

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antioch

Penguin

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »

Protestant often says that a man himself in Christ who has poor works and does not keep God's commandents will still be saved and get into the heaven, but will have no rewards in Heaven and just like simply pass or escape the fire / final judgment  by 1 Cor 3:10-15.

So, if a person believe in Christ, but daily cheats his wife, daily kills innocent victims, daily rapes, daily beats his children in their face and who is daily a cannibal, he will still enter heaven only because he has "faith" in Christ??! Shocked. That's so ridiculous.
The protestant definition of faith is reduced in one sentence: Believe (only with the intellect!) that Jesus is our saviour, Son of God. They deny the role of the heart! The more faith you've the more good works you'll do. Only a saint has reached the zenith of faith!

Great post. It's why I am moving away from protestantism. At least one of the main reasons for my disaffection. Everything's "under grace." It is ridiculous. Even from a Sola Scriptura position (the alleged basis of the Reformation), the only place in Scripture where "faith alone" appears is when James explicitly denies the idea.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: