OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 03:32:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Two and a Half Men’ star becomes Christian, blasts show  (Read 2317 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« on: November 27, 2012, 07:33:23 PM »

No, it's not Charlie.

(RNS) Another star of the CBS sitcom “Two and a Half Men” has gone rogue -- but in a decidedly different direction than notorious carouser Charlie Sheen.

Actor Angus T. Jones -- the “half” in the sitcom’s title -- says in a new online testimony that he’s become a Seventh-day Adventist and loathes the “filth” produced by his raunchy show.

“You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that,” says Jones, 19, in a video posted online by Forerunner Chronicles. “I know I can’t. I’m not OK with what I’m learning, what the Bible says, and being on that television show.”
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:33:36 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:34:21 PM »

Too bad Seven Day Adventists aren't Christians.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:35:10 PM »

Do you have an "ignore me" wish?
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »

I guess he'll give back the gazillion dollars they paid him now?

Oh, he's not sorry enough to do that, yet...

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:15:17 PM »

Do you have an "ignore me" wish?
I was just giving the Orthodox response. I'll tone it down next time.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »

And another child actor goes through Growing Pains only to shill Left Behind dvds on late-night cable.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 08:54:03 PM »

And another child actor goes through Growing Pains only to shill Left Behind dvds on late-night cable.
Don't you mean the Left Behind reboot in a few years?

I hope there is more bananas in that one. (Playing inisde baseball if you know what I mean)

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Fr.Aidan
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church (ROCOR)

Ds. superbis resistit; humilibus autem dat gratiam

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 10:04:06 PM »

It's good news that a man would turn to faith in Christ.

It's good news that a man would see sin as ugly and destructive, after receiving faith in Christ. And, certainly, that was a sinful and shameful show. So,

Rejoice!
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Warned
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 10:11:06 PM »

That kid has more integrity than any of the "men" afilliated with that show.

And he's right, it's pure filth.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »

I guess he'll give back the gazillion dollars they paid him now?

Oh, he's not sorry enough to do that, yet...
He's still in contract, maybe the SDA are telling him that going into breach of it wouldn't be the most "christian" thing to do.

And let's face it, most Prot denominations always find a way to justify making money.

Why prosperity is God's will after all. Wink

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 10:25:09 PM »

Except they are.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »

Edit: you know what not even going there
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:11:19 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 12:52:10 AM »

Why would a Trinitarian sect be non-Christian?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 12:55:48 AM »

A priest of mine said they are graceless, but he considers some mainline Protestants to have grace.

Aren't they a form of Arianism? I thought they had more in common with the JW's.

Definitely a fringe group for sure.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:56:13 AM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 12:58:32 AM »

Not arguing either way, but I must say their Trinitarian formulation is a bit off especially regarding Christ. For example, they traditionally believe that the Archangel Michael was the pre-incarnate Christ. A leftover from being vehemently anti-Trinitarian until the mid-20th century, I'd say.

Regardless they're rarely accepted only by Chrismation, and almost always through baptism unlike most other denominations.
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 01:00:33 AM »

A priest of mine said they are graceless, but he considers some mainline Protestants to have grace.

Aren't they a form of Arianism? I thought they had more in common with the JW's.

Definitely a fringe group for sure.

No, they are not Arian.

What does your priest mean by grace, anyway? Baptismal?

William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 01:01:39 AM »

Not arguing either way, but I must say their Trinitarian formulation is a bit off especially regarding Christ. For example, they traditionally believe that the Archangel Michael was the pre-incarnate Christ. A leftover from being vehemently anti-Trinitarian until the mid-20th century, I'd say.

Regardless they're rarely accepted only by Chrismation, and almost always through baptism unlike most other denominations.

That's interesting. Do you know what the reasoning for that is?

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 01:04:45 AM »

See I thought they had issues with the Incarnation, I need to go home and look at something I saved about the SDA's.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 01:08:17 AM »

If you are baptized in a non-Trinitarian manner or from a faith that has very problematic notions regarding the Trinity. You will be baptized.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 01:10:37 AM »

For not accepting their baptism? I always thought their Trinitarian/Christological beliefs had something to do with it, but this FAQ from GOARCH seems to say something different:

From: http://www.goarch.org/archdiocese/departments/marriage/interfaith/faq/conversion-faq#conversion-and-seventh-day
Answer:  This is a very complicated issue that is best left to theologians. Here are a few observations that may help you understand why the Orthodox Church does not accept Seventh Day Adventist's baptism.

Seventh Day Adventist theologian's perspectives and commentaries have at times tended to differ from (a) each other and (b) Orthodoxy theology. Some examples are as follows:  The Last Judgment; the relationship of grace and salvation; "Law" in the New Testament and the duel law theory. As a result, because there appears to be no consensus among Seventh Day Adventists regarding these and other topics, it has been difficult for traditional churches like the Greek Orthodox Church to determine if Seventh Day Adventist theology is, in fact, Christian. This lack of consensus has also promoted Orthodox bishops to refuse to accept Seventh Day Adventist's baptism.
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 01:11:13 AM »

See I thought they had issues with the Incarnation, I need to go home and look at something I saved about the SDA's.
You weren't entirely wrong with the JW reference since they seemed to share a great deal of cross-influence in the late 19th century. They both have the bit about Michael being the pre-incarnate Christ, and at the time both rejected the Trinity. Hardline traditionalist SDA's still reject the Trinity even, but these are usually breakaways and a minority.
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 01:11:45 AM »

If you are baptized in a non-Trinitarian manner or from a faith that has very problematic notions regarding the Trinity. You will be baptized.

But what is SDA's Trinitarian problem? AFAIK they believe in a personal Trinity, Christ being fully divine, etc.

William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 01:18:26 AM »

For not accepting their baptism? I always thought their Trinitarian/Christological beliefs had something to do with it, but this FAQ from GOARCH seems to say something different:

From: http://www.goarch.org/archdiocese/departments/marriage/interfaith/faq/conversion-faq#conversion-and-seventh-day
Answer:  This is a very complicated issue that is best left to theologians. Here are a few observations that may help you understand why the Orthodox Church does not accept Seventh Day Adventist's baptism.

Seventh Day Adventist theologian's perspectives and commentaries have at times tended to differ from (a) each other and (b) Orthodoxy theology. Some examples are as follows:  The Last Judgment; the relationship of grace and salvation; "Law" in the New Testament and the duel law theory. As a result, because there appears to be no consensus among Seventh Day Adventists regarding these and other topics, it has been difficult for traditional churches like the Greek Orthodox Church to determine if Seventh Day Adventist theology is, in fact, Christian. This lack of consensus has also promoted Orthodox bishops to refuse to accept Seventh Day Adventist's baptism.

Thanks, Nephi.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 01:19:25 AM »

But what is SDA's Trinitarian problem? AFAIK they believe in a personal Trinity, Christ being fully divine, etc.

I don't know anything about them, but that is the reason for baptism within the OCA usually and it seems throughout Church history. Arians IIRC were taken via Chrismation. Not sure how a contemporary Bishop would handle a neo-Arian.

And what Nephi suggests is accurate I could see Bishops finding that formulation problematic. Frankly how couldn't they.

But I don't know any of the details here regarding this faith.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 01:20:16 AM »

'Two and a Half Men' star apologizes for offending cast and crew

A day after a video posted online showed him describing "Two and a Half Men" as "filth" and advising viewers to stop watching the sitcom, actor Angus T. Jones apologized to the show's cast and crew Tuesday...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:20:48 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Fr.Aidan
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church (ROCOR)

Ds. superbis resistit; humilibus autem dat gratiam

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 02:23:24 AM »

They should be apologizing to him, no?
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 02:28:10 AM »

If he wants to dispose of the filthy lucre I will gladly take care of it for him...

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 02:58:39 AM »

I don't know anything about them, but that is the reason for baptism within the OCA usually and it seems throughout Church history. Arians IIRC were taken via Chrismation. Not sure how a contemporary Bishop would handle a neo-Arian.

And what Nephi suggests is accurate I could see Bishops finding that formulation problematic. Frankly how couldn't they.

But I don't know any of the details here regarding this faith.

I can say that Nephi is dead on about the SDA conflation of the Archangel Michael with the Pre-Incarnate Word. One of my first exposures to the book of Revelation was at an SDA Bible study when I was 9. At the time, my mom had assumed the SDA were basically Baptists who worshiped in Saturday. Everything followed typical Dispensationalist pre-Trib formula until the study got to the part of Revelation where the Archangel Michael was mentioned. Then there was an aside about how the Archangel Michael had to be the preincarnate Word based off of Joshua 5:14: “Neither,” he replied, “but as commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, “What message does my Lord have for his servant?” Since a good Jew would obviously never fall facedown to the ground for a mere archangel, and since Michael led the forces of heaven against the dragon, Michael must obviously be the commander of the army of the Lord, and thus Jesus.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 05:20:34 AM »

SDA is Christian? I doubt it.

"And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin
is pride that apes humility."
-Samuel Coleridge
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »

A day after a video posted online showed him describing "Two and a Half Men" as "filth" and advising viewers to stop watching the sitcom, actor Angus T. Jones apologized to the show's cast and crew Tuesday...
Looks like Seventh-Day Adventists don't fear Jesus as much as they fear their Jewish bosses/producers.

Or should I say, love their fat paychecks more than they love their "god".

Just another phony "christian" selling out for a buck.No wonder why other religions, atheists and agnostics believe most of "christianity" is a joke these days. Jesus actually died for what he believed in, most christians can't even be a little inconvenienced for theirs.

And money, oh no, defintely can't do without that.  Roll Eyes

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 11:20:55 AM »

Not that I agree with the SDA and their continually changing doctrines, but I do think we should probably be willing to cut a 19 yr old kid some slack when he tries to stand up for something he believes in and then gets slapped down by the corporate entertainment industry.  I know that I believed lots of weird stuff as a teenager, at least he is moving from towards a more moral outlook on his life, even if he makes some mis-steps along the way.  It takes courage to do what he did.  Let us hope that he continues his interest in his faith and delves a bit deeper into the history of Christianity and finds the fullness of Truth.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:21:26 AM by TheTrisagion » Logged

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 11:24:30 AM »

At first I also sneered a little that he has come to this after making a fortune.

But, you know, it's a good thing for him to realize at the end of the day. Maybe he can be a good influence and wholesome role modle at some point .

I vote thumbs up.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »

Looks like Seventh-Day Adventists don't fear Jesus as much as they fear their Jewish bosses/producers.

Just another phony "christian" selling out for a buck.No wonder why other religions, atheists and agnostics believe most of "christianity" is a joke these days. Jesus actually died for what he believed in, most christians can't even be a little inconvenienced for theirs.

No, real Christians go on the internet and complain about the failings of others.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »

I hope it is a sign that he will NOT be going down the same road as his former co-star Charlie Sheen.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 12:46:44 PM »

I've never seen this show.

I won't utter the name. I thought someone was pulling my leg when they mentioned it once.

Who cares about "stars" and their almost invariable PR religious / rehab stunts to help a failing or stalling career? No one who has any sense.

This is one of those threads were the off topic stuff is the only reason for it to exist.

Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 03:05:27 PM »

No, real Christians go on the internet and complain about the failings of others.

No, a real Christian would tell the truth and not back up from it. and I don't want to hear about how young this kid is, for crying out loud they burned Joan of Arc at the stake when she was only 19 yrs old as well.

Think of how many other  young saints out there were martyred in not denying their Lord.

This kid's already made more at his age than most adults do in a dozen lifetimes, he can quietly go about living his life serving God and never have to break a sweat. there are a lot of child actors who walked away from the "business" and lived fulfilling lives.

No complaining here, just telling it like it is.

Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »

In October, Jones gave an interview with Christianity Today. Due to the recent turn of events, I guess, it is being released:

Tell me about your conversion experience.

About nine months ago, there were a series of events in my life where God was talking through other people to me. What God was giving me was, "The way your life is set up now and the way you are living and planning on continuing to live [smoking weed, doing acid] is not going to get you what you want." I just had this big wakeup call. It was in conjunction with one of my older cousins, who—four months prior—God had woke him up in a similar way. This was over a couple of days before New Year's and then two other specific nights, Jan. 22 and 30, I felt God was speaking to me. There were so many other things I could have steered off into that could have made me just another statistic.
What do you see yourself doing in five years?

I want to do something with proper health and diet and learn how to grow fruits, plants, and vegetables naturally, completely organically—how to prepare the soil right, how to do basic agriculture. I have farmland out in Texas so if I figure it out, there is a possibility of creating a farm that can supply homeless people with healthy food. They are getting the slob of the slob: high-fructose corn syrup, white bleached flour, everything that is processed. I would love to get healthy food to them.
What else would you want CT readers to know about you?

I have gone to Christian school all my life and I learned all the stories. I don't know if it was me or the fact that my home life wasn't Christian. Maybe God wanted me to go through those things to have a more powerful testimony. I don't know. I feel though that I am now on a crash course. I have been missing out and don't want to waste any more time. I feel so driven. All the other stuff is going to fade away. What is going to last for eternity is where we stand with him. It really is the only work in life.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:46:36 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 03:51:16 PM »

This kid's already made more at his age than most adults do in a dozen lifetimes, he can quietly go about living his life serving God and never have to break a sweat.

I agree. Must be nice and comfortable being a Christian without having to really "suffer".

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »

"I have gone to Christian school all my life and I learned all the stories. I don't know if it was me or the fact that my home life wasn't Christian."[/color]

This is my point about phony "christians" and how they repulse nonchristians or anyone struggling out there. Kids are not stupid, you can't send them to Catholic/Christian schools or chruch and live like the devil yourself, that "do as I say, not as I do" just doesn't fly in the real world. You set a bad example for your children and I don't care if you lock them away in a convent or seminary, they're not going to forget your hypocrisy and believe that the religion you purportedly followed was bogus to begin with.

You know why most nonChristians can't take Christianity serious? Because they believe that most christians don't even believe in their own BS.

That's why.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »

Too bad that 7-Day Adventists are a weird non-Christian Sect with subtle Restorationist undertones.

Either way, that show was kind of lousy anyway. It was just the same boring thing everytime that it got old really fast. Charlie sleeps with about five women, some dilemma happens, ton of dirty jokes, repeat. Yawn.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 12:59:31 PM »

A source close to the show confirms to us that Jones plans to finish out the current season and will most likely not return should CBS order another season.
Jones and his costars Jon Cryer and Ashton Kutcher all have contracts through the end of this season and CBS has yet to pick up the show for season 11. Should Two and a Half Men be renewed, it's "unlikely" that Jones will return as a series regular. "You might see him for a few guest spots," our source reveals, adding that it's "likely" the 19-year-old will choose to go to college next year. 

"Part of the reason Angus is so wary of the [TV] industry and so involved with the church is that he's seen what's happened to Charlie [Sheen] front and center," the source says. "He doesn't want to end up like that. Who would?"

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »

Why do you say that? I can see why they are not Christians in the way an Orthodox sees it, but how are they different from any other protestant group?

Too bad that 7-Day Adventists are a weird non-Christian Sect with subtle Restorationist undertones.

Either way, that show was kind of lousy anyway. It was just the same boring thing everytime that it got old really fast. Charlie sleeps with about five women, some dilemma happens, ton of dirty jokes, repeat. Yawn.

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 01:57:17 PM »

Why do you say that? I can see why they are not Christians in the way an Orthodox sees it, but how are they different from any other protestant group?
Ellen G. White is viewed by many SDAs as just as much a prophet as the biblical prophets.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »

Didnt they grow out of a 19th Century end of the World Cult and when it didnt happen they Morphed into what we know them as today?

Their World HQ is around here.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »

Didnt they grow out of a 19th Century end of the World Cult and when it didnt happen they Morphed into what we know them as today?

Their World HQ is around here.

Many Baptists, Methodists, and Presbyterians believed William Miller's prediction that Christ would return in the 1844/45. They did not establish themselves as independent sects until after 1845 had passed and Christ, it was found out, had not returned as they expected.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: