OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 09:13:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek Prayer book  (Read 366 times) Average Rating: 0
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« on: November 27, 2012, 12:25:43 PM »

Greetings all!

I hope this thread is in the right place. I have the Old Orthodox prayer book put out by the Old Rite ROCOR church in Erie, PA. I love it as I am a big linguaphile, studying Russian in school at present. I especially like the bilingual aspects of the book in addition to it's thorough content. Is there a Greek prayer book similar to the Old Orthodox one with Greek on one side and English on the other that is close to having the same vast content? My girlfriend and I are going to start studying Greek soon and it would be awesome if we could enrich our prayers by practicing our Greek (I know the prayers are not "Modern Greek"). Thanks for your time! Smiley

Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
soderquj

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOAA, Metropolis of Denver

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 01:48:48 PM »

I found two, I think.

http://store.holycrossbookstore.com/daprfroorch.html

http://www.amazon.com/Orthodox-Prayer-Book-Archimandrite-Ephrem/dp/0191224472
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:52:15 PM by soderquj » Logged

O God, cleanse me a sinner and have mercy on me.
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 02:25:10 PM »

I don't think you'll find a bilingual edition as vast as the Old Orthodox Prayer Book (it's hard to find a single language prayer book that has anywhere near that amount of stuff!), but the ones soderquj suggested are pretty good. Fr. Ephrem's new bilingual edition of the Divine Liturgy is excellent, it's published by the Archdiocese of Thyateira.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: