OrthodoxChristianity.net
January 26, 2015, 09:35:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is wrong with leaving a church when you never really believed in it?  (Read 2177 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »

I always tell myself "I could be wrong".

tweety234
High Elder

Faith: Ask the Answer
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »

It is wrong to leave a church if it is the truth.  I always tell myself "I could be wrong".

Your belief should follow the truth always.

how do i Know that it is the truth though. No one has proved it to me. They only talk about it, but the reasons they use, are not convincing. I cannot base my life on something I doubt. Just as I cannot form a relationship, with someone I do not feel comfortable with.

“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
katherineofdixie
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »

Does that mean, I have to put up with all the gossip that is going on in the church, from the depth to the exit? I don't think so.

Yes. They also put up with you, don't they?

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOAA

fleem
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 06:20:38 PM »

It is wrong to leave a church if it is the truth.  I always tell myself "I could be wrong".

Your belief should follow the truth always.

how do i Know that it is the truth though. No one has proved it to me. They only talk about it, but the reasons they use, are not convincing. I cannot base my life on something I doubt. Just as I cannot form a relationship, with someone I do not feel comfortable with.

What would be enough proof for you?

He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: