OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 12:34:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No prayer life( pray for me)  (Read 448 times) Average Rating: 0
walter1234
High Elder

« on: November 27, 2012, 08:51:15 AM »

I haven't pray to God for a long time. I want to start my prayer life , pray and stay with Him all the time.

As Hong Kong is a prosperous and busy city. It is not easy for me to spare a long hours and pray with Him.

Moreover, I know I have to pray to Him all the time.But I don't have any interest on praying and fasting.

Please pray for me.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:51:42 AM by walter1234 » Logged
kiloelectronVolt

Faith: 12-Step Recovery
Jurisdiction: N/A

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »

I haven't pray to God for a long time. I want to start my prayer life , pray and stay with Him all the time.

As Hong Kong is a prosperous and busy city. It is not easy for me to spare a long hours and pray with Him.

Moreover, I know I have to pray to Him all the time.But I don't have any interest on praying and fasting.

Please pray for me.

I will pray for you, Walter.  I work 12-hour shifts and I feel your struggle.  It's sometimes difficult to maintain a prayer rule because my schedule is so tiring, and sometimes I have to cut myself a little slack and just do the best I can... even if all I can do is utter a sincere "Lord, have mercy" as I crawl into bed.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »

God be with you.

One easy thing to do is memorize the basic prayers.  - Glory to the...  Glory to thee...  O Heavenly King...  Trisigion...  Lord Have Mercy 12x, Remit, pardon forgive...  Lord Prayer.  Most prayer books have these as the openings to the Morning and Evening prayers anyway.  Take two or three minutes upon waking up (something I have been having difficulty with  Wink) and before bed and say these, confess your sins, pray for your family, friends, co-parishioners, co-workers, the Hierarchy, and Civil Authorities, the Dead and anything else that is on your mind.  You can do all of this in your head.  Try to read a little bit of scripture every day.

The thing with prayer is, the best way to start doing it is to start doing it!  As it becomes habitual it will only feel natural.  The best part of memorized prayers rather than needing to use the prayer book is that there will be times that you want to pray in your head and with them memorized you can do them anywhere - on the bus, in the gym, doing laundry...

May God aid you in better finding Him!

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 07:28:24 AM »

Please pray for me that I can always pray to God and be with Him all the time.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:33:29 AM by walter1234 » Logged
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »

Any prayer here would be appreciated! Smiley
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 02:17:57 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 04:01:17 PM »

People may pray for you, but you do not need long hours to pray. Pray yourself. It takes no time. Say, "Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me." Bab--it takes two seconds. Then repeat. Say it as you are going to and from work. Say it when you get up in the morning. Say it wen you go to bed. This little bit of effort that you make will be very helpful to you even--if I may say so--more helpful than the prayers of others. For, while you may benefit from them (and they benefit themselves praying for you if they pray with love), our spiritual life requires our own effort. Even though this effort is weak, and practically nothing, since we can't do anything without God's assistance. We still need to pray ourselves. God be with you on your quest.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »

Lord have mercy.

I'm quite in a similar boat myself. I have been busy with a lot of things for the past few weeks and in my constant bouts and struggles, I'm having difficulty in prayer myself.

God help us both.

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 11:37:44 PM »

Lord have mercy on Walter and GTA.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 12:02:35 AM »

Lord, have mercy on walter1234 and GTAsoldier.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: