Theistgal! So glad to see you back!
We'll see how long I last this time!
FWIW & related to the topic, things I love about the RCC are:
1. Churches everywhere, no problem, ever, in fulfilling "Sunday Obligation"
2. Family heritage: all my family on Mom's side are Catholics & we've traced that going back to at least the 1600's (my Dad's side are all dyed-in-the-wool Methodists
3. Strong women - something I admire about Orthodoxy as well.
4. Italian food (seems to be pretty popular around here!)
5. The Rosary - my "go to" prayer when I'm on the road.
6. Funny prayers to saints, like this one to St. Anthony:
"Tony Tony turn around, something's lost that must be found"
Things I don't love so much:
1. Sometimes too much top-down interference
2. Sometimes not enough top-down interference
3. Guitar masses et al
4. Priests who ad lib parts of the Mass to fit their homily
5. The "Nazi Salute" blessing I've witnessed twice now at two different RCC churches, where the priest invites everyone in the congregation to hold up their right hands to help him bless someone. I have photos. It's truly bizarre and disturbing.
6. Visionary proponents who push the Rosary on everyone, even though it's really meant to be a PRIVATE devotion, hint hint
That's all I can think of off the top of my head but that should do.