OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 12:24:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion with Protestant Apologists on Justification  (Read 389 times) Average Rating: 0
sakura95
Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic planning to switch to Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Rome(As for now)

Mekaku City actors/Kagerou Project

« on: May 21, 2014, 11:59:19 AM »

Upon chancing upon a blog by a Protestant Evangelical Apologist, Brian Cullition, I decided to join in the discussion under the username, Nekogami95(me), on Justification that he opened up at the request of Nick, a Catholic apologist of Nick's Catholic blog. Unfortunately however, the discussion quickly turned into quite a heated debate through the arrival of another Protestant apologist, Mike. The discussion or as of now, debate between me and the Protestants Mike and Brian have been going on for over a week now. Currently, I'm awaiting replies from either Mike(Whom I suspect is a Calvinist) and Brian to the points and arguments for Synergistic cooperation in Salvation and Justification by Faith and Works.

Being a former Catholic and being quite new to Orthodoxy, I'm quite worried that the points I brought up may be contrary Orthodox Doctrine and Belief especially given that all of my knowledge about the Orthodox Churches are from online sources which at times I personally feel that my knowledge about Orthodoxy is really, just shallow and incomplete. As a result, I would like to hear your thoughts and review of my points and show me how I can improve or correct any mistakes which I made when posting my comments. And if it is not too much, I do hope that if it is possible, that anyone can help me out in the ongoing discussion. It is in all honesty, difficult to accommodate the points and replies of two individuals at the same time.

Here's the link to Brian's Blog,

http://onefold.wordpress.com/2014/05/07/open-discussion-on-justification/comment-page-1/#comment-7490
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:00:59 PM by sakura95 » Logged

Lord Have Mercy on my weak and doubtful soul
Tags: apologetics 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: