OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 26, 2014, 07:34:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Testimony  (Read 331 times) Average Rating: 0
DaveInCSA

Faith: Anglican with Orthodox leanings
Jurisdiction: Dixie

« on: November 21, 2012, 08:53:52 AM »

I thought I would share this story with everyone, and Mods, feel free to move this if it should be in another part of the forum.

My wife is a hospice nurse and I should say right from the start that we are Anglicans. My hearts desire is to be Orthodox but my wife isn't there yet. So she got a new patient, a Russian man who was ON HIS DEATH BED with lung cancer. This man wasn't expected to live but a few days. He had been away from the church for some time so I suggested to her that maybe the family should have an Orthodox Priest come out and talk to the patient, hear a confession and anoint him and pray for him.

I reached out to an OCA Priest a few towns away and told him about the situation. The man wanted a Russian Priest so he put the Hospice Chaplin in touch with a Russian Orthodox Priest in Charlotte, NC which is about an hour away from where we are.

The Priest came out and while I don't know the details of what happened, my guess is he did what Priests would do in that situation.

Today the man is being discharged from Hospice. His lungs sound great and clear according to my wife. He is up and walking around and is at this point, not hospice worthy. He still has cancer and will die eventually but I thought I would share this with everyone.

Dave
jah777
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:22:44 AM »

Glory to God!

Thank you for sharing, Dave.  We live near Charlotte and used to belong to the parish of the priest you are referring to.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »

Glory to God.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »

Glory to God.  angel
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 11:30:40 PM »

Glory to God!