OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 03:36:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Third Temple Mount  (Read 1996 times) Average Rating: 0
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 02:47:44 PM »

Here are some videos on the 3rd temple being built.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+3rd+temple+is+being+built+in+jerusalem&oq=the+3rd+temple+is&gs_l=youtube.1.0.0.119.5965.0.6610.25.17.3.3.3.0.1191.2684.11j5j7-1.17.0...0.0...1ac.1.6ZxbCfn6HuQ

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2013, 05:38:43 AM »

http://youtu.be/mPmR7bzw7ng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcIu7EJVGSo

Third Temple Altar

Altar construction, is this for real ?.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:39:03 AM by psalm110 » Logged
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2013, 06:16:04 AM »

I think that the Church teaches that we are the new Temple, not bricks, but the people of God gathered together.
He predicted the Temple's destruction and its rebuilding in three days- and the evangelist's comment is that He was talking about His body.
peterchristian

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2013, 09:09:59 AM »

I think that the Church teaches that we are the new Temple, not bricks, but the people of God gathered together.
He predicted the Temple's destruction and its rebuilding in three days- and the evangelist's comment is that He was talking about His body.

Yes of course the true Temple is His Body according to our Lord, but you will have a hard time convincing the Jews.  They remain obstinate in rejecting the true Temple for the the one made of stone [a counterfeit Isreal with a counterfeit Temple and a counterfeit Christ to preside in it] and which they plan to build for their Moschiach ben David when the political conditions permit. 

Again Hyppolytus: ''The Savior raised up and showed his holy flesh like a temple, and he [Antichrist] will raise a temple of stone in Jerusalem."

St. Paul in II Thessalonians 2:3-5 'For that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that Man of Sin be revealed, the Son of Perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.'

And also the venerable St. Irenaeus on the holy Apostle Paul's warning: 'Moreover [Paul] has also pointed out this which I have shown in many ways: that the temple in Jerusalem was made by the direction of the true God. For the apostle himself, speaking in his own person, distinctly called it the temple of God [2 Thess. 2:4] . . . in which the enemy shall sit, endeavoring to show himself as Christ. The adversary will sit in the temple of Jerusalem, in order to show himself as Christ, he will demand that those who are captivated by him should worship him as Christ. The Antichrist will demand worship as if he were God.' (Against Heresies 5:25:1-2 ).

The holy Fathers and the holy Scriptures are proven true and reliable as we witness the progression of this fateful prophecy in history.

"For God was made man that man might be made God."
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »

My family holds that when the 3rd Temple is built, the end times will come. So much so, that they donate money to the folks trying to rebuild it. Alot of folks in my neck of the woods hold to that.

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 01:22:25 AM »

Daniel 9:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple[c] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

What is the Orthodox Church understanding of the above verse was it fullfilled during Jesus's time or is this yet to happen ?.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:23:51 AM by psalm110 » Logged
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2013, 03:40:38 PM »

Daniel 9:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple[c] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

What is the Orthodox Church understanding of the above verse was it fullfilled during Jesus's time or is this yet to happen ?.
I think a common Orthodox interpretation is that this part happened in Jesus' time- in particular pagan use of the Second Temple before that was destroyed. "Him" in the above verse might sometimes considered to refer to a leader of gentiles- perhaps a military leader, but I am not sure.

The end to sacrifice is might be considered to refer to the change in spiritual meaning of OT Temple sacrifices. The Talmud mentions that about this time a ribbon in the Temple stopped changing color as it had previously happened.

In any case, the passage appears rather cryptic.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:42:19 PM by rakovsky » Logged
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: