OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 03:59:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patriarch Bartholomew congratulate Towardros II and his enthronement  (Read 561 times) Average Rating: 0
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« on: November 21, 2012, 03:00:07 AM »

I follow three different church accounts on twitter, that of Goarch, the EP, and the "Green Patriarch"

They sent a link to this letter by Patriarch Bartholomew:

http://www.patriarchate.org/documents/his-all-holiness-on-the-enthronement-of-the-new-coptic-pope

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His All-Holiness on the Enthronement of the new Coptic Pope

On the Occasion of the Enthronement of His Holiness Pope Tawadros II
(November 18, 2012)

Beloved Brother in Christ, Pope Tawadros II,

It is with great joy and genuine delight that, in the person of our official representative, His Eminence Metropolitan Gennadios of Sassima, we participate – with all the clergy and laity throughout the world – in this solemn and historical milestone of your holy Coptic Church, which today hails and embraces its new spiritual leader in your gracious person.

Too long quote editted - MK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things I wish to say but i will not, because it will probably get me in trouble ;P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:50:51 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Nephi
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Crypto-Miaphysite

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 11:03:58 AM »

Great letter, I think.

It is our sincere prayer to continue the theological dialogue between our two Church families in order to bring the successful deliberations over the last few decades to a meaningful and fruitful conclusion.

This especially.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:04:07 AM by Nephi » Logged

Liberalochian: Unionist-Ecumenism Lite™
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 11:33:41 AM »

I agree with Nephi; it is about time!

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
kijabeboy03
High Elder

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 07:26:54 PM »

Amen!

Great letter, I think.

It is our sincere prayer to continue the theological dialogue between our two Church families in order to bring the successful deliberations over the last few decades to a meaningful and fruitful conclusion.

This especially.

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 07:19:15 PM »

Great letter, I think.

This especially.

What is the meaningful and fruitful conclusion do you think?

podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »

Great letter, I think.

This especially.

Well, think about it - I don't think he means another ten or so centuries of separation.

Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 07:23:42 PM »

Great letter, I think.

This especially.

Well, think about it - I don't think he means another ten or so centuries of separation.

Of course, but I am talking about how that will happen.

Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 07:56:38 PM »

Great letter, I think.

This especially.

Of course, but I am talking about how that will happen.

It will happen probably the same way that it is turning out in the so-called diaspora. There will be more than one Orthodox jurisdiction in the same catchment area (for want of a better term) who will be separate but in communion with each other. Eventually, they may even merge. Of course, in Orthodox practice "eventually" may mean a very long time.  Wink

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: